Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #6629
View in linear mode

Subject: "Please help (headlight)" Previous topic | Next topic
95Talon (Guest)Jul-12-01 09:45 AM

#6629, "Please help (headlight)"

I'm looking for a headlight hosuing for a 95 ealge talon (drivers side) What eclipse year will fit my car ... i need it !!!! that condensation looks like CRAP ! ... and i can't find them away ..well i found them at the dealer for 400.00!!!! dont think so

and info will help thank you

-tony

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

iamnotwhoiamJul-12-01 11:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6630, "RE: Please help (headlight)"
In response to Reply # 0

you could try using some Turtlewax Polishing compound on the outside of the lens. mine were foggy, and that stuff worked pretty well getting that yucky film off there. and it almost looks new. it can be found at most auto parts' stores

-Jason

95 GS
short air ram - custom grill - moved front license plate - custom stereo system

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DAVE_FL (Guest)Jul-12-01 11:47 AM

#6631, "RE: Please help (headlight)"
In response to Reply # 1

Yep wax works...And that scratch out stuff works even better. Just wax them like it was your paint and it should get shinny and clear. Just takes a little elbow grease.

DAVE_FL
97 T-GS
HRC stage 1
Orlando DSM

endless73Jul-15-01 08:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6632, "RE: Please help (headlight)"
In response to Reply # 2

So is it due to the condensation inside, or is it just dirty on the outside? My driver's side light looks fogged up also.

Evan Lau
15.621 @ 89.5 mph

Eclipse-15.621 @ 89.5 mph
M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!
http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.asp?section=profile&username=endless73

iamnotwhoiamJul-15-01 09:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#6633, "RE: Please help (headlight)"
In response to Reply # 3

i think its a little of both, but it seems more on the outside. the reason i say this is because after i cleaned the outside, there is still some yellowish dirty looking stuff there, and it looks like its inside, but maybe ill take a day and see if i can get the lens off and try and clean the inside... wish me luck.

-Jason

95 GS
short air ram - custom grill - moved front license plate - custom stereo system

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

NATEdaGREATJul-15-01 01:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
20 posts,
#6634, "RE: Please help (headlight)"
In response to Reply # 0

The thing I did was water sand my headlight on my 96 talon and that got it right off.

Nathan

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #6629 Previous topic | Next topic