Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #60357
View in linear mode

Subject: "Progress Pics." Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSOct-14-03 06:24 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60357, "Progress Pics."
Oct-14-03 06:30 PM by 1998EclipseRS

Yep.... Here it is, scuffed with 400 grit and the kit all bolted up... What a fucking bitch that was! I hate fiberglass, I hate plastic grommet screw thingies, and I HATE FUCKING SIDESKIRTS THAT YOU HAVE TO MODIFY THE SHIT OUT OF SO YOU CAN CLOSE YOUR GOD DAMN DOOR... Other than that I love it.

These pics are right before I put it back in the garage to mask her up and prime her. I used Valspar primer and it was a god damn BITCH to get it to shoot through the gun, I had to use a lot of thinner shit. This is tough work, I'd recommend NOT doing it yourself.
Anyhoo... PICTURE TIME!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I cut that center shit out.

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Progress Pics., 1998EclipseRS, Oct-14-03 06:33 PM, #1
RE: Progress Pics., blinkbizkit500, Oct-14-03 06:48 PM, #2
      RE: Progress Pics., 1998EclipseRS, Oct-14-03 06:51 PM, #3
           RE: Progress Pics., Clay, Oct-14-03 07:29 PM, #4
                RE: Progress Pics., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Oct-15-03 02:35 AM, #5
                     RE: Progress Pics., BigBald, Oct-15-03 03:45 AM, #6
                     RE: Progress Pics., Remy, Oct-15-03 03:55 AM, #7
                          RE: Progress Pics., 95_ESi_Person, Oct-15-03 07:53 AM, #8
                               RE: Progress Pics., PowerEclipses, Oct-15-03 08:37 AM, #9
                                    RE: Progress Pics., pfmicks, Oct-15-03 10:04 AM, #10
                     RE: Progress Pics., 1998EclipseRS, Oct-15-03 06:20 PM, #11
                          RE: Progress Pics., keg killa, Oct-16-03 08:09 AM, #12

1998EclipseRSOct-14-03 06:33 PM
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60359, "RE: Progress Pics."
In response to Reply # 0

HAHA.....This sounds GHETTO, but I shot a fucking rivet in the tall vent part of the sideskirt... I covered it up though... I know that sounds GHETTO but it got the job done, and it looks good.

-Chip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

blinkbizkit500Oct-14-03 06:48 PM
Member since Jun 21st 2002
1513 posts,
#60363, "RE: Progress Pics."
In response to Reply # 1

i have the same sides, what a PITA they were....

1998EclipseRSOct-14-03 06:51 PM
3245 posts,
#60364, "RE: Progress Pics."
In response to Reply # 2

WHAT DID YOU DO?

ClayOct-14-03 07:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#60365, "RE: Progress Pics."
In response to Reply # 3
Oct-14-03 07:33 PM by Clay

Hey dude everythings looking good. I can share your hatered for fiberglass and bondo.

EDIT: NM eyes were playing tricks on me. Good luck with getting everything painted.

95 GST | So-Cal

ModeratorEvuLFleAOct-15-03 02:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#60369, "RE: Progress Pics."
In response to Reply # 4

The front looks like it's pointing towards the sky. I know Chrysler Kid's car looked the same way.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

BigBaldOct-15-03 03:45 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#60371, "RE: Progress Pics."
In response to Reply # 5

hey, that looks familiar.....

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

RemyOct-15-03 03:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#60372, "RE: Progress Pics."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by BigBald
hey, that looks familiar.....

I was thinking the sama thing lol.

Member # 333

95_ESi_PersonOct-15-03 07:53 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#60384, "RE: Progress Pics."
In response to Reply # 7

heh, you might have wanted to get another gun just for the primer!
primer is notorious for fucking up good guns. and one more thing, if you have trouble with that primer, try Painters Pride, that's what i used, flowed smooth, and was nice, i got the non-sanding kind so what i did was shot primer, waited an hour then shot the car.

i would have used normal primer (sanding) but i was really pressed for time.

lookin' good, keep it up

oh, and welcome to the do it yourself paint clu

PowerEclipsesOct-15-03 08:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#60386, "RE: Progress Pics."
In response to Reply # 8

Yeah your supposed to rivit those bitches!

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

pfmicksOct-15-03 10:04 AM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
1349 posts,
#60390, "RE: Progress Pics."
In response to Reply # 9

Car will look dope when painted...all you need is it lowered then your set:thumbsup

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

1998EclipseRSOct-15-03 06:20 PM
3245 posts,
#60402, "RE: Progress Pics."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by EvuLFleA
The front looks like it's pointing towards the sky. I know Chrysler Kid's car looked the same way.

it sure does... werid.

keg killaOct-16-03 08:09 AM
Member since May 25th 2003
122 posts,
#60435, "RE: Progress Pics."
In response to Reply # 11

Yeah after spending endless hours of the blitz installation i got fuckin fed up with shit not fitting, cuttin the re-enforcment bars and bondoing. My doors havent shut well with the blitz sides so i took em off and i put the stock ones back on. I can't wait to trash these fiberglass pieces and get some polyglass. ;X

keg killa

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #60357 Previous topic | Next topic