Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #59069
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problem with my rear blitz bumper..." Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSOct-04-03 06:05 AM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59069, "Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."

We got it all fitted up, uhh, yeah well... the part where it meets the wheel well is like set in 1/2 an inch or so... it looks like shit, how the fuck would you go about fixing that? Chances are I'll just put it on and try to live with it... I got this kit from AeroTrends.com and they pretty much can suck my dick, because the fitment BLOWS.... post up some pics of how your aftermarket bumper fits up there and if it had problems fitting, tell me what you did to make it look better.... I actually want to see some bad fitment pics to see what i't would look like with paint... I'm not going to "settle" I'm just a perfectionist and I'd just like to see pics to see if what I'm seeing is actually that bad.

THANKS!

-Chip

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..., 1998EclipseRS, Oct-04-03 06:38 AM, #1
RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..., chrysler kid, Oct-04-03 06:55 AM, #2
      RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..., 1998EclipseRS, Oct-04-03 07:01 AM, #3
           RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..., 1998EclipseRS, Oct-04-03 07:02 AM, #4
                RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..., eklipsdrvr99, Oct-04-03 07:27 AM, #5
                     RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..., 1998EclipseRS, Oct-04-03 10:08 AM, #6
                          RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..., SolarYellowEclipse, Oct-04-03 10:25 AM, #7
                               RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..., KSeclipse, Oct-04-03 11:43 AM, #8
                                    RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..., flamineclipse, Oct-04-03 12:58 PM, #9
                                         RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..., 1998EclipseRS, Oct-04-03 01:04 PM, #10
                                              RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..., Clay, Oct-04-03 05:28 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..., 1998EclipseRS, Oct-04-03 10:33 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..., Clay, Oct-05-03 08:10 PM, #13

1998EclipseRSOct-04-03 06:38 AM
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59077, "RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."
In response to Reply # 0

No one cares! I thought about it for a bit I think I'm going to mold the back bumper into the rear of the car?! Don't ask how but I'm gonna do it... something tells me this is going to take longer than I thought. Well... wish me luck, I still need pics of how your blitz rear fits.
PEACE
-Chip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

chrysler kidOct-04-03 06:55 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#59078, "RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."
In response to Reply # 1
Oct-04-03 06:56 AM by chrysler kid

im not sure what part of the bumper your exactly talking about. i know i could help ya if ya got a pic

i dont know off hand of anyone who has orderd from aerotrends

11.65 @ 115

1998EclipseRSOct-04-03 07:01 AM
3245 posts,
#59080, "RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."
In response to Reply # 2

You know the part where the bumper meets up to the rear fender in like and L shape....

hers a pic.

See what I'm talking about now... when we have it all bolted up (its just hangin' there in that pic.) Its doesn't go far enough that way ----> so, the wheel well line is like broken, you see what I mean now? if now hit me back and I'll try to explain a little better... thanks for the help man....

-Chip

1998EclipseRSOct-04-03 07:02 AM
3245 posts,
#59081, "RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."
In response to Reply # 3

PS: AEROTRENDS.com SUCKS DICK! Fast shipping tho!

eklipsdrvr99Oct-04-03 07:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
545 posts,
#59084, "RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."
In response to Reply # 4

Unfortunately that's the way body kits are most of the time. They just don't fit right and it takes a lot to get them to fit. I really wouldn't recommend molding the rear if it's a daily driver because eventually it will crack. Here's the only pic of my blitz rear that I had:

Mike
www.streamlinemotorsportsva.com
http://members.cardomain.com/eklipsdrvr99

1998EclipseRSOct-04-03 10:08 AM
3245 posts,
#59091, "RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."
In response to Reply # 5

thanks for the pic bro, how would you go about fixing the problem tho? you're looks pretty good....

SolarYellowEclipseOct-04-03 10:25 AM
Member since Jul 06th 2003
63 posts,
#59092, "RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."
In response to Reply # 6

The middle under section was cut out on mine and it let the rest of the rear flex more so it fit up a little better.

KSeclipseOct-04-03 11:43 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
899 posts,
#59098, "RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."
In response to Reply # 7

yo chip what's up man, that sucks about your bumper dude what a bummer. I can't wait to see it all finished! also are you talking about the side piece hanging too far in towards the wheel? if so just cut it down and smooth it out

Nos Fogger Kit,AemCAI, TopFuel UDP, pacesetter cat-back, ARD bored 57mm t.b., P&P intake mani, Ractive front/rear strut bars,rear tie bar,eibach sportlines,tokico blues, morosso wires, ngkIX plugs, konig subzeros,proj. heads,gunmetal tails, rev.indiglow gauges,reverse light mod

flamineclipseOct-04-03 12:58 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2003
675 posts,
#59113, "RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."
In response to Reply # 8

Are both sides like that? You may be able to slot the mounting holes. You know so you can slide the bumper back and forth. And this is a very common situation with body kits, no two cars are every made exactly the same and when the manufacturer designs a kit they will test several cars and make the kits fit some where in the middle. So there are always fitment problems and alot of fabricating involved. But imo it's worth the headache to see your ride transform into something else in the end.

1998EclipseRSOct-04-03 01:04 PM
3245 posts,
#59115, "RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."
In response to Reply # 9

Yeah, well it didn't come pre drilled... it just seems a bit small... I hope mine comes out looking half as good as that yellow one up there...JESUS!

I don't know I need to go fuck with it a bit... its like I need to build more bumper... I'll figure it out. I like those low sideskirts... I got the high ones...I'm rambling..

-Chip

ClayOct-04-03 05:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#59143, "RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."
In response to Reply # 10

Its a sad fact but most, if not all, rear blitz bumpers fit horrible.

I would use bondo to fill in the areas your having problems with. My rear had major problems with the rear quarter panel area on both sides, under the passenger side tail lights, and the whole area above the license plate.

95 GST | So-Cal

1998EclipseRSOct-04-03 10:33 PM
3245 posts,
#59170, "RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."
In response to Reply # 11

those pice ate ht stage my car is at now... I just got some "cleaning up to do" its good to hear others have had problems also... now I know I'm not going at it alone.

ClayOct-05-03 08:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#59302, "RE: Problem with my rear blitz bumper..."
In response to Reply # 12

I'm confident enough to say that most, if not all, have had problems with their fiberglass blitz rear.

95 GST | So-Cal

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #59069 Previous topic | Next topic