Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #58364
View in linear mode

Subject: "Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod." Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSSep-28-03 05:56 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58364, "Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
Sep-28-03 06:23 PM by 1998EclipseRS

_EDIT_
My dad just called me and said this guy would paint anything custom on my car for free for an ad in the local paper... what should I get if anything?!

-Chip

_END EDIT_

Yeah. first of all here is me and my dads hotrod. I think its like a 40's Willis coupe body and I know its a 454 from a 70's Impala... all we got done is the suspension and the motor is just sittin there for shits and grins... pretty sure it will pop some wheelies! Haha... just kidding I KNOW IT WILL... I can't wait to get it done... my dad just finished the suspension (the shiney stuff..haha) this was supposed to be an Eclipse body hotrod but we decided that would be too much money and it would get made fun of. Not bad for 4 weeks of laid back work...

That's in his backyard now because the 'Clipse is in the garage and were puting the fat blitz kit on... (GAY) I just didn't like any others and I figured I'll change it sooner or later anyhoo. It fits like shit!

Here it is...

We cut that bullshit out of the back there... it looked like shit... were putting mesh in there.

All this stuff is sitting on there, its not bolted down yet... I know you've all seen a blits kit on an Eclipse before but I just thought I'd show you for fun...

Have a good one guys!

-Chip

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod., chrysler kid, Sep-28-03 06:02 PM, #1
RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod., 1998EclipseRS, Sep-28-03 06:06 PM, #2
RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod., LikeNoOther, Sep-28-03 06:12 PM, #3
RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod., 1998EclipseRS, Sep-28-03 06:19 PM, #4
RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod., 97_420a, Sep-28-03 06:43 PM, #5
RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod., chrysler kid, Sep-28-03 06:50 PM, #6
      RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod., LoudEclipse, Sep-29-03 02:56 PM, #7
           RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod., Eclipse97, Sep-29-03 06:06 PM, #8
                RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod., Aggression, Sep-30-03 03:40 AM, #9
                     RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod., Eclipse97, Sep-30-03 06:16 AM, #10
                          RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod., 1998EclipseRS, Sep-30-03 08:10 PM, #11
                               RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod., chrysler kid, Sep-30-03 08:13 PM, #12
                                    RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod., Shockeclipse, Oct-01-03 12:15 AM, #13

chrysler kidSep-28-03 06:02 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58366, "RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
In response to Reply # 0

why did you decide to get a bodykit? and where did you get your parts from? happy with the quality or no?

11.65 @ 115

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1998EclipseRSSep-28-03 06:06 PM
3245 posts,
#58367, "RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
In response to Reply # 1

The front and rear of my car have needed replacing. The bodykit is really thick and strong, it fits okay but not as good as I had wished... I got it from bodykitconcepts.com I think, can't recall. thats what the licens plate braket that it came with said... I'm overall pretty happy with it. I'll make it look good... give me 2 weeks...

LikeNoOtherSep-28-03 06:12 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2003
444 posts,
#58368, "RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
In response to Reply # 0

I like it! Yeah it's a common kit but hey! I'm sure you got ideas on what ur going to do to be different, and that's what it's all about. Also having fun is important too! Good luck in all you do with the progress of ur process!

Eating Domestics 1 at a time!

1998EclipseRSSep-28-03 06:19 PM
3245 posts,
#58372, "RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah, I know its common. I've only seen one other Eclipse so far in my life around here with the exact kit... so I'm not too worried. Its more for me to have fun and learn about body work... thanks for the input man.

-Chip

97_420aSep-28-03 06:43 PM
Member since Jul 17th 2002
119 posts,
#58376, "RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
In response to Reply # 0

that willis will look good when its done. my g/f's dad has one. its gotten alot of coverage in mags. kinda surprising to see someone here doing on of those...

Dan
97 Base Dodge Avenger
aem cai, jeep tb, 17" gsx rims, tq mod, eclipse center console, shift knob, autometer phantom trans temp & a/f gauge

boosted by summer

chrysler kidSep-28-03 06:50 PM
7411 posts,
#58377, "RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
In response to Reply # 5

thatll look good with your 18's man . maybe go with a darkblack with a gray stripe of some sort. or is300 blue with a black decal stripe thing on the side. i dont know what your looking for in the paint job, just sayin what i think would look good

11.65 @ 115

LoudEclipseSep-29-03 02:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#58448, "RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
In response to Reply # 6

are you sure thats not a modified A truck or A coupe dood? there is no way that is a 40's anything, 31 at the oldest. is your dad going to z the frame? what kind of frame does it sit on now? what kind of suspension does it run?

Eclipse97Sep-29-03 06:06 PM
Member since Dec 06th 2001
539 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58483, "RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
In response to Reply # 7

You've just ruined a perfectly nice car. Body kits=ugly.

just my opinion

Good Luck

AggressionSep-30-03 03:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#58497, "RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
In response to Reply # 8

I think its gonna look sweet. Body kits improve and give the car a different look that cannot be purchased off any lot. Body kits allow the consumer to customized their ride to there own liking.

When you say body kits = ugly is basically like sayin cloths are ugly...so do you not wear cloths...support your local streakers. LMAO... jk bro...wanted to bust your balls.

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

Eclipse97Sep-30-03 06:16 AM
Member since Dec 06th 2001
539 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58501, "RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
In response to Reply # 9

lol... those were fun days aggression. But in all honesty there are pretty clothes then there are ugly clothes. But then again its all very subjective.

Good Luck

1998EclipseRSSep-30-03 08:10 PM
3245 posts,
#58616, "RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
In response to Reply # 10

Uhhh, to the guy that asked a million questions.

The frame and the suspension were both built by my dad... I'm just the bitch that tightens bolts, don't think I actually know what I'm talking about...

CKid: Good suggestion, I should do the stripe down the side of the car you said?! and I should do it the same color as my wheels? Good idea... I may just have to do that.

chrysler kidSep-30-03 08:13 PM
7411 posts,
#58617, "RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
In response to Reply # 11

>Uhhh, to the guy that asked a million questions.
>
>The frame and the suspension were both built by my dad... I'm
>just the bitch that tightens bolts, don't think I actually
>know what I'm talking about...
>
>CKid: Good suggestion, I should do the stripe down the side of
>the car you said?! and I should do it the same color as my
>wheels? Good idea... I may just have to do that.

sarcasm?

i already know your wheels and car are black, im just sayin have the wheels match the stripe or the primary color or sumthin. just a suggestion

11.65 @ 115

ShockeclipseOct-01-03 12:15 AM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#58628, "RE: Progress on my body kit... and pics of the hotrod."
In response to Reply # 12

i think he was being serious CK

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #58364 Previous topic | Next topic