Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #57598
View in linear mode

Subject: "I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside." Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSSep-19-03 07:24 AM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57598, "I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
Sep-19-03 07:24 AM by 1998EclipseRS

Tell me that not a pretty good goddamn job. 4 cans a paint. SHIT

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., zhr420, Sep-19-03 07:32 AM, #1
RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., Shockeclipse, Sep-19-03 07:48 AM, #2
      RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., 1998EclipseRS, Sep-19-03 08:00 AM, #3
           RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., scirio, Sep-19-03 08:33 AM, #4
                RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., 1998EclipseRS, Sep-19-03 10:16 AM, #5
                     RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., calcio20, Sep-19-03 11:29 AM, #6
                          RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., 1998EclipseRS, Sep-20-03 09:58 AM, #7
                               RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., Phaxmohdem, Sep-21-03 06:10 AM, #8
                                    RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., eclipticrider, Sep-21-03 09:05 AM, #9
                                    RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., 1998EclipseRS, Sep-21-03 09:16 AM, #10
                                         RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., Phaxmohdem, Sep-21-03 11:41 AM, #11
                                              RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., blckeclipse95, Sep-21-03 02:11 PM, #12
                                                   RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., 1998EclipseRS, Sep-21-03 06:08 PM, #13
                                                   RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., MotoFool, Sep-21-03 06:36 PM, #14
                                                   RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside., Phaxmohdem, Sep-21-03 07:11 PM, #15

zhr420Sep-19-03 07:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57599, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 0

nice job.
later
"Z"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ShockeclipseSep-19-03 07:48 AM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#57600, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 1

looks pretty good to me.

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

1998EclipseRSSep-19-03 08:00 AM
3245 posts,
#57601, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 2

they look great in the car, but I let them sit outside for like 10 min in the sun to take that picture... and the back of the seat (the vinyl part) got tacky again so I'm gonna let it chill out in the garage for a few days to insure its totally dry. Thanks for the feed back.

-Chip

scirioSep-19-03 08:33 AM
Member since May 13th 2002
1637 posts,
#57604, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 3

Tacky? thats not very comforting (I'm thinking of doing it too) what if its a sunny day, inside the car gets like 130 degrees?

-WILL

AIM - scirio
Got Boost? ...No.

Originally posted by a drunk DSMRoadster
drink now and nafter goddanti! celebaeration birches!

1998EclipseRSSep-19-03 10:16 AM
3245 posts,
#57607, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 4

It's because I put the coats on too thick I think... it will dry soon I hope. I'm sure if I give it at least a couple more hours it'll be okay. I would still do it if I were you, it looks badass.

and a LITTLE TIP:

I put the plastic peices in the bathtub and let them soak in some soap. It held the paint better. buy alot of spraypaint if you plan on doing this. I used wal-mart shit it was like exactly a dollar a can so I bought 8 and I only have the back seat and the passenger seat done and I'm out of paint.
peace out. good luck.

calcio20Sep-19-03 11:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
342 posts,
#57612, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 5

I'm sorry to bring bad news, but start looking for racing seats. What you used will wear off. It'll start looking like shit within a month. I did the same thing.

1998EclipseRSSep-20-03 09:58 AM
3245 posts,
#57649, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 6

REALLY! What the fuck. That fucking sucks man. I hope your wrong, but thanks for the heads up.

-Chip

PhaxmohdemSep-21-03 06:10 AM
Member since May 26th 2003
172 posts,
#57682, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 7

I went on eBay and spent 50 bucks and got some black synthetic leather seat covers with yellow stripes down the middle to match my car Look baddass! I'll post pics in a bit when I'm done sewing them to the seat. So far I've done the drivers seat and headrests and it looks sSOOO sweet, it matches the black and yellow dash trim I have too. Also these covers wont wear off like paint. or at least I hope not (And they are slightly padded and make for a super comfortable ride BTW)

My insurance payment is WHAT now?!?

eclipticriderSep-21-03 09:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
#57694, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 8

yea, it will fade off some... prolly like where u sit and your back pieces.... all u have to do is touch up the seats every once in a while... i didn't do my seats but i did the carpet and it fades off but i can touch it up easly...

yea, if i were u i'd look into buying seat covers, there are some very nice ones out there, thats what i'm gonna do...

laterz

WTB: Dodge Omni

http://www.geocities.com/shadyporshe851proof/frame_content/indexframe.html

mods: star stage III clutch + 60mm tb + the normal mods, bass, lights well u get the picture

1998EclipseRSSep-21-03 09:16 AM
3245 posts,
#57696, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 8

what was the company you bought those seat covers from...were they for eclipses?

PhaxmohdemSep-21-03 11:41 AM
172 posts,
#57702, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 10

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3043552433&category=1498&rd=1

That is the auction I won, check his open listings.

blckeclipse95Sep-21-03 02:11 PM
Member since Aug 10th 2003
389 posts,
#57711, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 11

that looks like a good deal...did the little flag come with it in the middle...cause i dont like that

1998EclipseRSSep-21-03 06:08 PM
3245 posts,
#57733, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 12

Does anyone know of any way that you can paint the seats without the shit comming off in a month? Goddamn this blows I only have one of the front seats done and its still fucking sticky on the vinyl part on the back and the backs are fading from people geting in and out.... GRRR WHAT DO I DO.... its been 4 days and it still feels sticky ont he back of the front seat, you think that shit WILL EVER DRY? help a brotha out.

-Chip

MotoFoolSep-21-03 06:36 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#57739, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 13

try putting clear coat on top of the black paint in the back...

Bill

id recomend getting katskinz leather or vinyl seat covers

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

PhaxmohdemSep-21-03 07:11 PM
172 posts,
#57744, "RE: I finished painting my front seats BLACK. Good pic inside."
In response to Reply # 12

Yeah the little flag is embroidered into the cover with "sport" or something embroidered under it. It actually doesn't look too bad IMO.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #57598 Previous topic | Next topic