Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #56852
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinSep-10-03 03:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56852, "Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"

Ok, so I spent 45 minutes composing a giant post describing each step of the process in great detail. Then I go to post the message and the browser loses the post. No fuckin way I'm re-writing that, so you just get the pics now.

Long story short, it will feed into a polypropylene air box that houses the air filter. It is all set up to shed water and not get the filter wet.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, REV_GSlow, Sep-10-03 03:15 PM, #1
RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, turbo8u, Sep-10-03 03:22 PM, #2
      RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, eclipse_gs_1512, Sep-10-03 03:36 PM, #3
      RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Twiste, Sep-10-03 03:37 PM, #4
           RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Dinkjs, Sep-10-03 03:40 PM, #5
                RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Shockeclipse, Sep-10-03 03:47 PM, #6
                     RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, invaznGST, Sep-10-03 04:26 PM, #7
                          RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, chrysler kid, Sep-10-03 04:37 PM, #8
                               RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, 98_silvergs, Sep-10-03 05:22 PM, #9
                                    RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Clay, Sep-10-03 05:45 PM, #10
                                         RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, porcelain, Sep-10-03 06:56 PM, #11
                                              RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, TeamJasonESi_T, Sep-10-03 07:14 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, jerseystyle1, Sep-10-03 09:28 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Remy, Sep-10-03 09:32 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, ModeratorCorbin, Sep-11-03 02:58 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, a_miller_76, Sep-11-03 05:51 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Teamner947, Sep-11-03 07:46 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, HondaHater21, Sep-11-03 10:37 AM, #18
                                                                                 RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Doug96GS, Sep-11-03 12:15 PM, #19
                                                                                      RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Weezle745, Sep-11-03 07:55 PM, #20
                                                                                           RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Shockeclipse, Sep-11-03 09:11 PM, #21
                                                                                                RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Teameclipse804, Sep-11-03 09:35 PM, #22
                                                                                                     RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, CVedEclipse, Sep-12-03 01:54 AM, #23
                                                                                                          RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, ModeratorCorbin, Sep-12-03 03:04 AM, #24
                                                                                                               RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Dualgen2, Sep-12-03 03:24 AM, #25
                                                                                                                    RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, ModeratorCorbin, Sep-12-03 06:51 AM, #26
                                                                                                                         RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Twiste, Sep-12-03 11:31 AM, #27
                                                                                                                              RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, TeamDR1665, Sep-12-03 04:20 PM, #28
                                                                                                                                   RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Sep-12-03 06:40 PM, #29
                                                                                                                                        RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Amish_Eclipse, Sep-13-03 02:30 PM, #30
                                                                                                                                             RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Matt_95tgs, Sep-13-03 05:11 PM, #31
                                                                                                                                             RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, ModeratorCorbin, Sep-15-03 07:07 AM, #32
                                                                                                                                             RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Matt_95tgs, Sep-15-03 12:05 PM, #33
                                                                                                                                             RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, whodatt1, Sep-16-03 09:05 AM, #34
                                                                                                                                             RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Teamner947, Jan-08-04 07:52 AM, #35
                                                                                                                                             RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, eclipseman1999, Jan-08-04 09:59 AM, #36
                                                                                                                                             RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, fauchpj, Jan-08-04 10:25 AM, #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, orzech, Jan-08-04 11:01 AM, #38
                                                                                                                                             RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, nothingfiction, May-30-10 06:50 PM, #39
                                                                                                                                             RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Tuxdreamerx, Jun-02-10 08:08 PM, #40
                                                                                                                                             RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics, Babbz413, Jun-02-10 08:11 PM, #41

REV_GSlowSep-10-03 03:15 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2002
1312 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56853, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 0

I NEED A WRITEUP PLEEZ. Ive been looking into this for a long time. If you can do that i would appreciate it more than you kno

EclipsedChef was my first name..Member #460!

::::..Under Construction..::::

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

turbo8uSep-10-03 03:22 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#56854, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 1

>I NEED A WRITEUP PLEEZ. Ive been looking into this for a long
>time. If you can do that i would appreciate it more than you
>know

only if u give corbin a bj

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

eclipse_gs_1512Sep-10-03 03:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#56855, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 2

damn, that's sweet!!!!!

2007 wrx

TwisteSep-10-03 03:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#56856, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 2
Sep-10-03 03:39 PM by Twiste

hmmmm...dont know that the scoop will even be functional...air at high speed does not directly ride along the top of the hood, it is suspended a little bit over it and thus it might just jump over the scoop...either way it looks totally awesome and yes, if you could do a write up, i would love to read it! props! Infact, charge a reasonable price and do it and I would send you my hood to do it. Let me know.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

DinkjsSep-10-03 03:40 PM
Member since Jun 16th 2002
1035 posts,
#56857, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 4

I like it but I would want some mesh over that to protect it from flying objects and dirt and stuff

"Indy DSM rulez you"

ShockeclipseSep-10-03 03:47 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#56858, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 5

nice

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

invaznGSTSep-10-03 04:26 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#56859, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 6

corbin..what apartment complex is that? i've seen it before? is it by Hastings Rd or is the one on the same road as the mitsu dealer? Anyways..when i get back from college we are going to hang out and we can drive around with our dark green turbo DSMs :x

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

chrysler kidSep-10-03 04:37 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#56860, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 7

a moderator owned by the board, price less

11.65 @ 115

98_silvergsSep-10-03 05:22 PM
Member since Jan 07th 2002
1050 posts,
#56863, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 8

Don't like it one bit

ClaySep-10-03 05:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#56865, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 9

Interesting and good job on the clean cut out of the vent.

95 GST | So-Cal

porcelainSep-10-03 06:56 PM
Member since Jun 05th 2003
92 posts,
#56868, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 10

Looks bad ass IMO. Sweet ride.

"What's behind you is of no consequence"

Go: CAI, custom exhaust, clutch restrictor mod....udp soon to come
Show: Talon/Eclipse hybrid, projectors, painted interior, system, BSA 259 17s in Ventus HR IIs.

TeamJasonESi_TSep-10-03 07:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#56869, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 11

Wow!

Sooo sweet. Also something I've wanted to do for a long time. :-p

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

jerseystyle1Sep-10-03 09:28 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#56872, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 12

That is sweet man! I like it alot!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

RemySep-10-03 09:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#56873, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 13

very nice.

Edit: Not all dsm's suck, just mine

ModeratorCorbinSep-11-03 02:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#56875, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 14

Devon, I was concerned about air bypassing the scoop too. But, I'm pretty sure it will be functional now. I originally cut up a junkyard hood as a test. I made a flap in the front of the power hump that would open at a preset throttle position. It actually caught so much air that it would jam open. At just 35 mph it was bending its hinges. I had to slow all the way down to 25 to get it to shut. I think the front of the power hump is a relatively high pressure zone. The rest of the hood is probably low pressure that you could mold functional vents into.

Mark, thats Battery Heights. I did all the work on my balcony and in the computer room. I had Browning Auto do the paint work. I'm really impressed with their service.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

a_miller_76Sep-11-03 05:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#56882, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 15

that's beautiful man, how did you get it all molded so well? Did you do any metal work and welding or is it glassed in?

Teamner947Sep-11-03 07:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#56885, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 16

looks just like fiberglass holding it in. i bet it's pretty rigid even without the fiberglass if you bend it right.

can't imagine anyone would really need a writeup for this... you cut the hood in a U shape, bend it down, grind the edges down, sand stuff up a little to make it look nice, fiberglass, then get it painted.

when i get some extra cash to have my hood (or my entire car for that matter, it needs it) painted, i'll do this. it looks really awesome.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

HondaHater21Sep-11-03 10:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1750 posts,
#56898, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 17

that looks great! If you want, I have a few vacuum actuators that you could use to open and close a flap

"Only Pirates Say R"
hondahater21@hotmail.com
www.geocities.com/hondahater21

Change Your own Blinker Fluid! --> http://geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/

Doug96GSSep-11-03 12:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#56903, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 18

The innovation is what people should respect about this mod. Good job Corbin, very cleanly done

Weezle745Sep-11-03 07:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#56937, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 19

didnt RAIZIN do this a while ago?

either way, nice job!

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

ShockeclipseSep-11-03 09:11 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#56951, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 20

maybe i will fugg around a little with my old hood when i get my cf one...if it ever gets here

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

Teameclipse804Sep-11-03 09:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#56961, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 21

OMG I had a long post too but the board lost it. "Server could not be found," and my post was gone when I refreshed. Basically, I'm wondering if you could somehow test whether it really works at freeway speeds. I've heard numerous times the wrx hood scoop (which sticks up pretty high) is nonfunctional at freeway speeds. The pressure at 35 mph might be a lot, but what about at 70 mph? I've been told that as you go faster, the air travels higher over the hood, missing the scoop almost entirely. Either way, it still looks good too. BTW, I think there are fiberglass versions of that exact hood (I've seen a few locally) that people could buy if they also wanted to cut weight.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

CVedEclipseSep-12-03 01:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#56964, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 22

Very nice work corbin! another reason why he is one of the most creative on the board!

on a side note.. where did you see thoes hoods you are talking about marcus? hehe.. not trying to hijack the thread.. ill email you about this...

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

ModeratorCorbinSep-12-03 03:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#56967, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 23

Since I took a bunch of pics, I'll probably come up with a little instruction page. It may just help people to see some pics of the process. It is one of the harder things that I've attempted. It is very detailed work. If you aren't extremely careful, it will look like complete ass. I used 3 layers of fiberglass for the sides. It is very rigid now. I had to build up all the edges with body filler to give them a more weighty look. It just took alot of time to make sure everything was perfect.

As for the scoop not picking up air at high speeds. That is a definite possibility. My airbox will be very similar to my old one. It is open on the bottom driver side. So it pulls air from the fuse box area and below. Any air that comes from the hood is a bonus.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Dualgen2Sep-12-03 03:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#56968, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 24

>I originally cut up a junkyard hood as a test.

That hurts Corbin. Calling my stock hood a "junkyard hood". Have been owned . Pics looks nice though. Look forward to seeing it in person. How bad it my hood mangled up?
-Dave

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

ModeratorCorbinSep-12-03 06:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#56983, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 25

My original post actually credited you with the hood. Sorry it didn't make it into the second attempt. I drove around with your hood for a few weeks. It is all cock-eyed and dented from hitting the deer, has a giant hole cut out which is covered with duct tape, and is spray painted green and black (I ran out of paint, so it looks like a zebra). I chucked it right into the dumpster at the body shop!

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

TwisteSep-12-03 11:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#56997, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 26

lmao

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

TeamDR1665Sep-12-03 04:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#57017, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 27

Corbin is the freaking Mad Scientist of 2GNT. I have wanted to do something like that since I bought the car and appreciate the info here.

Simply put, Corbin = genius, imo.

My tribute pic again.

EcLIpsInEmCEe7Sep-12-03 06:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
#57028, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 28

corbin u rule. your website was one of the first sites i found when i wanted to find info about my car. didnt know about tje board at the time

-matt

97 Eclipse GS-T with 6-bolt engine

Amish_EclipseSep-13-03 02:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#57088, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 29
Sep-13-03 02:32 PM by Amish_Eclipse

i figured someone had beat me to it. also figured it'd be corbin that would do it.

so i have a few questions. i thought of doing this as a ram air also. the hood scoop was the easy part. what i'm trying to rap my head around is the air box/filter and associated plumbing. have you done anything with that end or have you just made a sweet scoop?

what did you use to cut the hole? saw zaw (sp)? would this work with a fibreglass hood or would that snap if you tried to bend it. my fibre glass skills are minimal (see non existant since i've never tried). it'd be a pain to mod a FB hood considering my skill level with the material.

also how did you make it so water won't run into it. my plan involved fibreglassing some home depot wire mesh into the scoop. something pretty loose though.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Matt_95tgsSep-13-03 05:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#57096, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 30

Corbin, do you have any pics of inside the engine bay? I'm curious as to how you set that up with piping and everything (or did you keep the piping the same).

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

ModeratorCorbinSep-15-03 07:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#57230, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 31

I just made that airbox on sunday. I painted it with Krylon Fusion. We'll see how well that stuff works. It was a big bitch getting the airbox in there with all the piping. The passenger side of the airbox is angled out to grab the full width of the scoop. The back edge of the airbox is contoured to match the underside of the hood. I have foam seal stuck to the hood to seal against the airbox. The bottom floor of the airbox is removed back near the ECU to drain any water that comes in the scoop. We've had alot of rain here recently and I've had a chance to test how the scoop sheds water. The top edge of the scoop is slightly forward of the bottom edge of the scoop. The bottom of the scoop is also sloped down toward the front of the car. So, water tends to just roll forward down the hood while the car is parked. When driving, any water that gets in will have to drain out the bottom of the airbox. It should never touch the filter.

I used a jig-saw to cut the opening in the hood. Metal cutting blades on the straights and narrow wood cutting blades on the curves. The curves are rather tight and a narrow blade is necessary. I think you'd have trouble bending the fiberglass down like I've done with the metal. You might have to cut a panel of fiberglass out and then mold it back in at the proper angle.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Matt_95tgsSep-15-03 12:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#57263, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 32

Wow, that looks like a lot of work . Have you had a chance to datalog your intake air temps? I would be interested to know if you could see a significant temperature drop. Nice work though .

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

whodatt1Sep-16-03 09:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#57359, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 33

Very, Very nice work Corbin.. I would really suggest to put in some kind of mesh at the end of the opening, not so much for water protection, but just so taht you don't get leaves, bugs or other bigger objects in your engine bay.
I have been wanting to do that since i bought my car (aloong with other things) but don't trust myself with body work.

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Teamner947Jan-08-04 07:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#64688, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 34
Jan-08-04 07:58 AM by ner947

bump... i'm about ready to try this, but the pictures are long broken, any chance they can be re-posted on the main site web server?

edit: never mind! i'm a complete retard. upon actually putting in some effort, i found this. http://www.geocities.com/vttalon/hood.html
that is all.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

eclipseman1999Jan-08-04 09:59 AM
Member since Jul 25th 2003
973 posts,
#64692, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 35

I wanna see the pics

Shawn
99 Eclipse RS
Hahn Stage 2,Full built bottom end with je 8:8 and eagle rods ect..

fauchpjJan-08-04 10:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#64693, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 36

Originally posted by eclipseman1999
I wanna see the pics

click on the link above you

orzechJan-08-04 11:01 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2003
597 posts,
#64694, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 37

for those of you wanting a hood similar to this, i have my hood i am looking to trade for a carbon fiber one. It is stock eclipse red. i am in western NY:

11.34 at 123 fp3065 28 psi straight pump 93 octane

95 tsi awd 5 speed-2gb 6 bolt dsmlink
95tsi fwd- parts
95 tsi fwd- beater
91 galant vr4- new build

nothingfictionMay-30-10 06:50 PM
Member since Apr 10th 2006
23 posts,
#104646, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 38
May-30-10 06:53 PM by nothingfiction

i know i am awaking a dead thread... but... oh well

First i just have to say Damn!
Corbin, you are the reason i even joined this site. This CAH right here.
i know it's took forever for me to really get into posting anything at all. But here i am.

i SO want to do this to my hood.

Many people in this thread have talked about pics and this and that and dropped links... which would be fine... But i am like... 6 years late and most pics and links are now dead. So anyone have current links? Or can anyone say if he is still even using this hood at all? How does his hold up through the years since he has done this?

TuxdreamerxJun-02-10 08:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#104658, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 39
Jun-02-10 08:09 PM by Tuxdreamerx

It is a nice hood setup.

Babbz413Jun-02-10 08:11 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#104659, "RE: Pics of my CAH (Cold Air Hood) - 11 Pics"
In response to Reply # 39

Originally posted by nothingfiction
...Or can anyone say if he is still even using this hood at all? How does his hold up through the years since he has done this?

PM him and ask him yourself. He's a regular around here.

95 GS Boosted

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #56852 Previous topic | Next topic