Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #53719
View in threaded mode

Subject: "blew up my spal window kit" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Jul-26-03 07:17 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53719, "blew up my spal window kit"

haha hey guys guess what i blew up one of my window motors. too bad i don't have pics... the mounting brackets are all twisted and the chain tore out've the metal sleeves and the ring around the crank is split in half. it looks pretty fucked up. now that's a shit load of torque!!!

haha nearest what i can figure is that i was havin an electrical problem earlier with my relays and blowin fuses. the passenger side stopped workin (that was the one causing fuses to blow). i think most've the damage happened when i had to manually raise the window with the extra crank thing. somethin didn't feel right when i was raising it - like waaaay too much tension. i'm pretty sure that's when most've it broke. anyways. guess i need a new motor and stuff. i kinda doubt they sell them individually... anyone wanna go in for a pair?

just to be clear, spal kits are great. very sturdy shit. it's more i ran into problems with my home-made automated window relays system.

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
SPAL Deluxe Power Windows
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
MarctronixxJul-27-03 05:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
571 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53792, "RE: blew up my spal window kit"
In response to Reply # 0

sorry to hear that mc... you were my inspiration to get the kits in the first place!

what makes the damn driver window "pop" when you roll it down sometimes...?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Diceman19Jul-27-03 06:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#53797, "RE: blew up my spal window kit"
In response to Reply # 1

that pop is normal for all dsms. mine does it and i have the manny windows still. spal kit coming though.

MCubed45Jul-27-03 06:44 PM
2706 posts,
#53801, "RE: blew up my spal window kit"
In response to Reply # 2

ya people said it has something to do with the window sort've 'locking' when it's in the fully up position. prolly makes it harder to force it down if ya wanted to break in or something. *shrugs*

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

BlkTalon96Jul-27-03 06:45 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2002
326 posts,
#53802, "RE: blew up my spal window kit"
In response to Reply # 2

Mine pops too with manual windows. I think it is either that it kinda sticks to the weather strpping or when it gets past it it kinda drops a little.

--Alpine 7893 Head Unit
--2 Alpine MRD-M500s
--2 Alpine Type R 12s
--2 Pair Type R Coaxials
^^^Mobile Earthquake^^^

Hit me up on AIM: BlackTalon96

96eclipse2nrJul-28-03 06:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#53846, "RE: blew up my spal window kit"
In response to Reply # 4

lol yeah, i had the infamous popping drivers side door but mine would pop when it went up, not down. but a few months ago it went away. i love my kit still, they seem to be very well built. sorry about your kit man, and no, i doubt they sell them individually

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

MarctronixxJul-28-03 01:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
571 posts,
#53901, "RE: blew up my spal window kit"
In response to Reply # 5

yes i love my spal kit too! i dont mind it but it makes me think the damn thing wil break or something!

all i have left is the 3 switch kit...

MCubed45Jul-28-03 01:40 PM
2706 posts,
#53904, "RE: blew up my spal window kit"
In response to Reply # 6

haha i kept the motor from the messed up on though. it's only the part that connects the motor to the crank that got all messed up. tryna think what i can do with this motor... that thing's got a lot of torque.

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #53719 Previous topic | Next topic