Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #504
View in linear mode

Subject: "will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???" Previous topic | Next topic
flossinpnoyracerDec-27-00 05:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#504, "will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???"

please post wat bulbs u guys are using and the watts and output wattage thanks

1999 GST

1997 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???, Teameclipse804, Dec-27-00 07:53 PM, #1
RE: will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???, phatGS, Dec-28-00 03:49 PM, #2
RE: will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???, cyan, Feb-09-05 03:05 PM, #3
      RE: will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???, MCubed45, Feb-10-05 10:36 AM, #4
           RE: will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???, orzech, Feb-10-05 02:41 PM, #5
RE: will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???, eight_tracks, Mar-29-05 11:53 AM, #6

Teameclipse804Dec-27-00 07:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#505, "RE: will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???"
In response to Reply # 0

Ya one of my headlight harnesses melted using 85 watt hiper white, but i just electrical taped it and now it still works fine. I guess its just luck, since only one side burned out...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

phatGSDec-28-00 03:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#506, "RE: will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???"
In response to Reply # 0

Naxos Xenon Blue...80 watt...look AWESOME! Just got them for christmas..so..no problems yet.

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

cyanFeb-09-05 03:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#81462, "RE: will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???"
In response to Reply # 2

hipers burned out my harness.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

MCubed45Feb-10-05 10:36 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#81482, "RE: will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???"
In response to Reply # 3
Feb-10-05 10:37 AM by MCubed45

first of all hiper white bulbs put out less light than regular bulbs. but they do look nice, don't they? to comensate for this they make higher wattage bulbs. the downside is that this melts shit - harnesses, enclosures, etc. personally i wouldn't want to risk damaging anything. i have hiper whites in the standard wattage and they work fine. of course if you want high light output and no risk of melting anything HID's are the way to go. less power draw, more light output, and they look oh so badass

i miss my HID's....

-marc

orzechFeb-10-05 02:41 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2003
597 posts,
#81491, "RE: will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???"
In response to Reply # 4
Feb-10-05 02:42 PM by orzech

but remember with HID's its 100 times better to do the retro-fit so you are not blinding people off the road. I hate when people have their HID kits in stock housings and then i cant see shit when they are behind me. The stock housing is not meant for HID's and create lots of glare. The retro fit of a true projector(not cheap ebay ones) will give you the sharp cut off so you dont get the extra light going every direction and causing glare

www.dsmtuners.com has some good topics on it

11.34 at 123 fp3065 28 psi straight pump 93 octane

95 tsi awd 5 speed-2gb 6 bolt dsmlink
95tsi fwd- parts
95 tsi fwd- beater
91 galant vr4- new build

eight_tracksMar-29-05 11:53 AM
Member since May 06th 2003
22 posts,
#83225, "RE: will 85 watt xenen hiper white bulbs burn our headlight wiring harness???"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-29-05 11:55 AM by eight_tracks

I used 85 watt bulbs and in about 2 months, it had melted the connector on one of my harnesses. I was kinda worried, but actually got a great and inexpensive ($15) solution from my local dealer of all places. They had a new harness, it was completely differnt from the stock one. The connector was made out of a different plastic, the connection to the bulb was much tighter and they had added a rubber grommit to help seal the connection against mositure. The dealer said the the stock harnesses were junk and melted easy, and he had never heard of the new ones melting, even with aftermarket bulbs.

So hey, even if your stock connector melts, its a relativly cheap and easy fix, and will leave you better than stock.

EDIT: Holy crap, why did I just revive a topic from 2000.....

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #504 Previous topic | Next topic