Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #4716
View in linear mode

Subject: "*Groupbuy body kits*" Previous topic | Next topic
Dame_FlamezMay-27-01 11:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
51 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4716, "*Groupbuy body kits*"

Does anyone have experience with the groupbuy.com body kits? You know, the $389 kits. I can speculate that the fit will be terrible, etc... but I'd rather go on actual stories than assumptions. Anyone have anything to offer?

Thanks
Damien

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: *Groupbuy body kits*, Teameclipse804, May-27-01 12:16 PM, #1
RE: *Groupbuy body kits*, Teamicjeclipse, May-27-01 02:56 PM, #2
      RE: *Groupbuy body kits*, Teameclipse804, May-27-01 05:33 PM, #3
           RE: *Groupbuy body kits*, Teamicjeclipse, May-28-01 06:46 AM, #4
                RE: *Groupbuy body kits*, Teameclipse804, May-28-01 11:23 AM, #5
                     RE: *Groupbuy body kits*, Teamicjeclipse, May-28-01 02:30 PM, #6
                          RE: *Groupbuy body kits*, Teameclipse804, May-28-01 04:53 PM, #7

Teameclipse804May-27-01 12:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4717, "RE: *Groupbuy body kits*"
In response to Reply # 0

Ya does anyone have any feedback on those Han kits they sell? We usually try to stay away from that stuff...

Just to clarify, its not Groupbuycenter selling those kits. Its the individual vendors that post up buys for the kits, so the manufacturers will vary. But I tend to see a lot of Han kits on the cheap groupbuys...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://www.importvenom.com
Import Venom

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamicjeclipseMay-27-01 02:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#4718, "RE: *Groupbuy body kits*"
In response to Reply # 1

I am probably getting the Han Buddy Club front with a sponsarship so i will let you guys konw on that if i get it. I also might be getting some new sides.

Also someone said they had ordered a kit from custom-efx.com which is a han kit, but i don't know if he has received and installed it yet.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Teameclipse804May-27-01 05:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#4719, "RE: *Groupbuy body kits*"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey Ian, Cyan is right about the Buddy club not being deep enough. At first I wasn't sure what he was talking about, but once I saw the Han kit in person, those holes are all not deep at all. It ends up looking kind of flimsy or something - maybe you can try to customize it and add a little fiberglass to make it look deeper or something...just a suggestion because I think that would make it look a lot better...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
Import Venom

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

TeamicjeclipseMay-28-01 06:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#4720, "RE: *Groupbuy body kits*"
In response to Reply # 3

How much would you guys charge to do that kind of thing. And also adding a scoop in between the headlights where Raizin's bumper had a scoop. Also, should i even get it or should i tell the guy i don't want it? I don't want it if it looks cheesy.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS

Teameclipse804May-28-01 11:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#4721, "RE: *Groupbuy body kits*"
In response to Reply # 4

Hey Ian, if its free, then I say go for it. I'm not sure how much we would charge for that. I guess anywhere between 100 to 200 total for all the modifications. However, I'm not sure if it can be done - maybe the holes are not deep for a reason, such as it's gonna hit something behind the bumper if its any deeper?

Maybe I'm just being picky now, but I see what Cyan was saying about this bumper...I also wanted the Sinsei but not anymore after viewing it from certain angles. Now I really want that bumper I saw in the parking lot at Showoff. I don't know what it was, but it was original and pretty simple. I don't think I can decide what to get as a front bumper now with what's available at there...maybe drift, but it's harder to drive because it sticks out more in front than the blitz...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
Import Venom

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

TeamicjeclipseMay-28-01 02:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#4722, "RE: *Groupbuy body kits*"
In response to Reply # 5

Maybe the bumper you saw was the Sensie series 2. that is the one i like but i also really like the buddyclub. I want the one you made, are you ever going to get it back?

Ian
95 Eclipse RS

Teameclipse804May-28-01 04:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#4723, "RE: *Groupbuy body kits*"
In response to Reply # 6

Hey Ian, I don't know what happened to the one I made. The one i saw wasn't the series 2. But about the one I made, I better not see it out there anywhere. I don't know why its taking so long, I think they are lagging big time manufacturing it. I'm going to find out in a couple weeks after finals when I have more time...I'll let you know once I find out...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
Import Venom

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #4716 Previous topic | Next topic