Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #35219
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Blitz Front end question" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
1FastEclipseNov-25-02 05:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35219, "Blitz Front end question"

Ok, I bought the blitz front bumper for my car and took it to my uncles body shop. We took off the original bumper and put the new one on. The only problem is that it don't fit right. It over laps the head lights on each side by about 3 inches. He said he can cut it down to make it fit but my question is, Have you guys had any probs like this? Are the head lights on a 96 different then a 97? Thanks

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Nov-25-02 05:33 AM

#35220, "RE: Blitz Front end question"
In response to Reply # 0

You are required to remove the front crossmember support bracket and get 97+ style headlights with the Blitz front end.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

chrysler kidNov-25-02 05:39 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35221, "RE: Blitz Front end question"
In response to Reply # 1

yes, the headlights on a 97 are different then on a 96. what i did for now was to shave back the part of the bumper that overlapped the headlights, basically thinning them so i could slide the headlights behind the bumper. Once i did that i had to loosen the fenders to enable the headlights to slide in behind the 97 bumper
(it sounds complicated but its really not)
mrlocalpimp could give you advice on this too

i also had to shave about an inch off the edges of the bumper support too and shave the middle scoop by the liscense plate to fit the bumper support

that is all

11.65 @ 115

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Nov-25-02 06:19 AM

#35222, "RE: Blitz Front end question"
In response to Reply # 2

So you kept your bumper mount? Interesting.

chrysler kidNov-25-02 06:24 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#35223, "RE: Blitz Front end question"
In response to Reply # 3

yup in fact i have no idea what a bumper mount or a cross member brakett is !

11.65 @ 115

MCubed45Nov-25-02 07:59 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#35224, "RE: Blitz Front end question"
In response to Reply # 4

it doesn't show or anything from the front? i woulda thought you'd be able to see some've the bar an stuff w/ that big scoop on the blitz bumper...

'95 RS 5spd Red
Black Chrome Matrix Type X CAI
A'pexi N1 Catback Turbo Exhaust
Viper 500esp
Indiglo Gauges
Clear Bumper Lenses
Hiper White Bulbs
Interior Blue LED/Neon Lighting w/ Music Interface
SPAL Deluxe Power Window Kit
Power Trunk Release Kit

-marc

a1eyed1derNov-26-02 12:34 AM
Member since Feb 17th 2002
376 posts,
#35225, "RE: Blitz Front end question"
In response to Reply # 5

ya mang, if you keep the bumper bar it looks like shat ! ! we were gonna keep mine with a lil modification, but with the bar you couldnt even fit any mesh in there it was like poping out the bumper, IMO just take it off oh well

Bob

97 RS/ Iceman intake/ n1 style catback 2.5in exhaust/eibach sportslines / momo shit knob/ 18" Velox scythe wheels wrapped in Toyo proxie 225/40/18 tires)/ Indiglo guages/ custom fiberglass

Teameclipse804Nov-26-02 05:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#35226, "RE: Blitz Front end question"
In response to Reply # 6

Yeah here's an old pic of my car with the front bumper reinforcement bar in place. You can see it behind the grill:

That's with the entire reinforcement bar, uncut. Whether the blitz front will fit with teh reinforcement bar there depends on the exact mold that you get. Most won't fit without at least cutting the reinforcement bar some.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

soldier101Nov-26-02 05:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#35227, "RE: Blitz Front end question"
In response to Reply # 7

your car used to be gray 804?

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

Teameclipse804Nov-26-02 06:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#35228, "RE: Blitz Front end question"
In response to Reply # 8

Yup, it didn't come blue....

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

MCubed45Nov-26-02 05:25 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#35229, "RE: Blitz Front end question"
In response to Reply # 0

ya take off the rebar an that useless plastic scoop!

'95 RS 5spd Red
Black Chrome Matrix Type X CAI
A'pexi N1 Catback Turbo Exhaust
Viper 500esp
Indiglo Gauges
Clear Bumper Lenses
Hiper White Bulbs
Interior Blue LED/Neon Lighting w/ Music Interface
SPAL Deluxe Power Window Kit
Power Trunk Release Kit

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #35219 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic