Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #27650
View in linear mode

Subject: "Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights" Previous topic | Next topic
scothernJul-29-02 08:48 PM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27650, "Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"

Has anyone made one yet? I was just wodnering how I would get the head lamp out and then apart so I could remove the amber shit.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, sinesis333, Jul-29-02 09:38 PM, #1
RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, HondaHater21, Jul-30-02 12:27 PM, #2
      RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, spike14485, Jul-30-02 02:40 PM, #3
      RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, scothern, Jul-30-02 04:22 PM, #4
           RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, HondaHater21, Jul-30-02 04:45 PM, #5
                RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, Ryan_RS, Jul-30-02 05:17 PM, #6
                RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, scothern, Jul-30-02 05:23 PM, #7
                     RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, CVedEclipse, Jul-30-02 08:40 PM, #8
                          RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, scothern, Jul-30-02 09:08 PM, #9
                               RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, OZ_GS, Jul-30-02 11:49 PM, #10
                                    RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Jul-31-02 01:28 AM, #11
                                         RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, farmdogg55, Jul-31-02 01:51 AM, #12
                                              RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, HondaHater21, Jul-31-02 04:29 AM, #13
                                                   RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, sinesis333, Jul-31-02 08:19 AM, #14
                                                        RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, NySpeed, Jul-31-02 05:34 PM, #15
                                                             RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, scothern, Jul-31-02 07:26 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, CVedEclipse, Jul-31-02 08:29 PM, #17
                                                                       RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, scothern, Jul-31-02 09:31 PM, #18
RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, sinesis333, Jul-31-02 09:45 PM, #19
RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, HondaHater21, Aug-01-02 01:07 AM, #20
      RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights, cool_g_83, Aug-01-02 11:49 AM, #21

sinesis333Jul-29-02 09:38 PM
Member since Apr 02nd 2002
474 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27651, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 0

DITTO!!!!

(I do know it has something to do with ...gulp...an oven)

~E~ 1999gs

~E~ 1999gs
AEM C.A.I./GS-T exhaust/Magnecore wires/Iridium Ngk's/Custom mesh Grill/Upper F/R strut tower bars/TB bored to 55mm/AFX UDP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HondaHater21Jul-30-02 12:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1750 posts,
#27652, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 1

well if you havnt got them, her you go........

take your front bumper off, go ans take the 5 on the top under the hood and the 2 on each side under the fender. once its off take off the headlight, you sould beable to see the bolts.

once off you need to take them apart, I sugest not to use a oven, you could melt the hole thing! get a hairdryer and slowly warm up the glue, not the lense and carefully pry it apart taking your time. after 1 hr of doing this you will have it apart. now you can see the insde, just unscrew everything and you will now be clear! Oh and if you wana paint the inside use a hightemp paint. your welcome

"Only Pirates Say R"
hondahater21@hotmail.com
www.geocities.com/hondahater21

Change Your own Blinker Fluid! --> http://geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/

spike14485Jul-30-02 02:40 PM
Member since Jul 08th 2002
214 posts,
#27653, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 2

i belive i have heard of putting it in the over also at 350 for 7 min. but dont take my word for it dont want u to f anyhting up

scothernJul-30-02 04:22 PM
998 posts,
#27654, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 2

>well if you havnt got them, her you go........
>
>take your front bumper off, go ans take the 5 on the top
>under the hood and the 2 on each side under the fender. once
>its off take off the headlight, you sould beable to see the
>bolts.
>
>once off you need to take them apart, I sugest not to use a
>oven, you could melt the hole thing! get a hairdryer and
>slowly warm up the glue, not the lense and carefully pry it
>apart taking your time. after 1 hr of doing this you will
>have it apart. now you can see the insde, just unscrew
>everything and you will now be clear! Oh and if you wana
>paint the inside use a hightemp paint. your welcome

Damn! I really want to do this and paint them nwo too, but I dont want to take the bumper off. My bumper is so fucked up anyway I probably couldnt get it back on.

99 Eclipse RS

HondaHater21Jul-30-02 04:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1750 posts,
#27655, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 4

its not that hard, its one of the 1st things I did! But I wouldnt put it in the oven, a freind put his integra lights in there and it melted in. So do you wana take a shortcut and make a $200 mistake?

"Only Pirates Say R"
hondahater21@hotmail.com

Ryan_HesJul-30-02 05:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#27656, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 5

You headlights will NOT melt in the oven unless you leave them in there for way to long.

7 minutes - 250 degrees, trust me. Look below, I just did mine and had mine painted. The oven works

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

scothernJul-30-02 05:23 PM
998 posts,
#27657, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 5

>its not that hard, its one of the 1st things I did! But I
>wouldnt put it in the oven, a freind put his integra lights
>in there and it melted in. So do you wana take a shortcut
>and make a $200 mistake?

Well I would try the oven honestly, but man my bumper is all fucked up. Been run into a curb (not me) and drug bottom so many times. the corners are sagging and the black thing in the opening is cracked. Even screws are falling out of the wheel wells. If it isnt hard then maybe I will try it. Just dont want to screw myself.

99 Eclipse RS

CVedEclipseJul-30-02 08:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#27658, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 7

AGAIN!! you do NOT have to take the bumper off to get the headlights out... its been said MANY times.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

scothernJul-30-02 09:08 PM
998 posts,
#27659, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 8

>AGAIN!! you do NOT have to take the bumper off to get the
>headlights out... its been said MANY times.

Then how do you get them off/ Out? I will do this saturday then.

99 Eclipse RS

OZ_GSJul-30-02 11:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#27660, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 9

Yeah I can get to the bolt on top and the 2 on back easily enough but how do you get to the bottom one with the bumber on?

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Jul-31-02 01:28 AM

#27661, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 10

wedge a piece of cardboard in between the bottom of ur lite and top of ur bumper in between...and then wedge a realllly long socket extension in there and use a screwdriver if necessary to stretch the bumper down some so u can see it...and wallaaaa the bottom headlite bolt is removed. Also easy to put back in, too.

farmdogg55Jul-31-02 01:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2522 posts,
#27662, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 11

^^^thats a good idea. i went up through the front airdamn with a socket and extension.

Cliff farmdogg54@hotmail.com
"All rice no race"
my Talon and me: http://members.cardomain.com/farmdogg55
When I'm done, Uncle Ben will be jealous!

HondaHater21Jul-31-02 04:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1750 posts,
#27663, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 12

well when I did mine way back when, I used extentions and I couldnt get it n e way, that why I take off the bumper, it only takes 10 more min

"Only Pirates Say R"
hondahater21@hotmail.com

sinesis333Jul-31-02 08:19 AM
474 posts,
#27664, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 13

I've alrady taken my headlights out once....and Myke is right....no bumper removal necesarry....just happened to be what I was doing at the time....must take headlights out to get the bumper off not the other way around.

~E~ 1999gs

~E~ 1999gs
AEM C.A.I./GS-T exhaust/Magnecore wires/Iridium Ngk's/Custom mesh Grill/Upper F/R strut tower bars/TB bored to 55mm/AFX UDP

NySpeedJul-31-02 05:34 PM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
249 posts,
#27665, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 14

Is the bulb we use for the turn signal still orange? If so,can you clear the light and still have the orange bulb shine through bright enough to keep it legal?

'98 GS

scothernJul-31-02 07:26 PM
998 posts,
#27666, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 15

Okay. I am gonna try this this weekend.

A couple of questions though...

1.) how do you seal the lights back up?
2.) Where do you get the paint to paint the housings? SATAN?
3.) What steps are involved in removing the amber piece?
4.) What is the bulb type so I can replace the bulb.

99 Eclipse RS

CVedEclipseJul-31-02 08:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#27667, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 16

>Is the bulb we use for the turn signal still orange? If so,can you >clear the light and still have the orange bulb shine through bright >enough to keep it legal?

the bulb itself is white... just drop by your local auto store and get the 1157 bulb that is orange

>1.) how do you seal the lights back up?

just use silicone/RTV sealant.. can be found at auto shops or homedepot
>2.) Where do you get the paint to paint the housings? SATAN?

you can use any paint.. no need for satan, just get a can of SEMS, krylon and youll be fine.

>3.) What steps are involved in removing the amber piece?

after you open up the housing, you should just pop the first lense out, and then unscrew a couple screws to lose the amber piece

>4.) What is the bulb type so I can replace the bulb.

bulb 1157

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

scothernJul-31-02 09:31 PM
998 posts,
#27668, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 17

Sweet man thanks. Nothing special I need to worry about then?

99 Eclipse RS

sinesis333Jul-31-02 09:45 PM
474 posts,
#27669, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 0

are you guys all using amber bulbs.....is it illegal where you live to have anything else? just didn't know why it would be worth my time to leave it orange....kinda like clear sidemarkers with amber bulbs...I hated it

~E~ 1999gs

~E~ 1999gs

HondaHater21Aug-01-02 01:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1750 posts,
#27670, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 19

Im useing hyper whites to match my headlights

"Only Pirates Say R"
hondahater21@hotmail.com

cool_g_83Aug-01-02 11:49 AM
Member since Apr 27th 2002
478 posts,
#27671, "RE: Looking for a writeup on clearing out the headlights"
In response to Reply # 20

Anybody know what bulb replaces the lights for the clear sidemarkers. I wanted those to be clear, not amber bulbs so i left the stock white ones in w/ the clear corners. But even those look orangish. Looking for WHITE bulb replacements. Any help would be appreciated.

Greg
'96 Esi

Greg
'99 Black GS-T MT

Defi D-Series Boost Gauge, ExtremePsi Intake, Greddy Type-S BOV, Hallman Evolution MBC ... 3" Thermal R&D Exhaust soon

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #27650 Previous topic | Next topic