Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #18680
View in linear mode

Subject: "how much for "decent" painjob." Previous topic | Next topic
1995GSApr-01-02 06:43 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2001
190 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18680, "how much for "decent" painjob."

Im not going to maaco and i want a job that matches from the factory looks. How much would this cost?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: how much for "decent" painjob., Niclipse, Apr-01-02 08:08 AM, #1
RE: how much for, Captain, Apr-01-02 09:08 AM, #2
      RE: how much for, Teameclipse804, Apr-01-02 09:57 AM, #3
           RE: how much for, PowerEclipses, Apr-01-02 11:15 AM, #4
                RE: how much for, Teameclipse804, Apr-01-02 11:24 AM, #5
                     RE: how much for, Captain, Apr-01-02 04:57 PM, #6

NiclipseApr-01-02 08:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18681, "RE: how much for "decent" painjob."
In response to Reply # 0

Walk down the street and piss somebody off, I'm sure they'll give you a free 'painjob'

Anywhoo, prices will vary, but you get what you pay for ... unless you have the hook up.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CaptainApr-01-02 09:08 AM
Member since Jan 26th 2002
31 posts,
#18682, "RE: how much for"
In response to Reply # 1

I've seen all kinds of prices listed here and most seem to be less then $2,000 for a full paint job but I couldn't get anywhere close to that in AZ. I went to several quaility shops and all were well over $3,000. The amount of time it takes to do our cars right is the big cost. To remove everything, tape and prep, buff and finish, it's a lot of hours. I went to a shop where I knew the owner and it came to around $3,500 for a quiality job with several coats of clear and it took over 3 weeks.

Drew

NO REMORSE!! NO REGRETS!!

Teameclipse804Apr-01-02 09:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#18683, "RE: how much for"
In response to Reply # 2

In cali, you will find prices under 2000, but yes in most areas, it will be over 3000 for a quality job.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

PowerEclipsesApr-01-02 11:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#18684, "RE: how much for"
In response to Reply # 3

got a quote from maaco for 750 bucks... and to hit out 4 dents muhaha but ya if you want a better one go to a small shop that takes pride in dat shit for 2200

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Teameclipse804Apr-01-02 11:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#18685, "RE: how much for"
In response to Reply # 4

It's not just the quality of the job also. It's the paint materials itself. Most cheap paint places just use a one layer acrylic paint with no extra clear coat layer on top. Some shops also don't use name brand paints like PPG or Dupont or House of Kolour in order to save money. You usually do get what you pay for...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

CaptainApr-01-02 04:57 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2002
31 posts,
#18686, "RE: how much for"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah, mine was DuPont paint in a BMW Cosmos Black Metallic color code with at least three coats of clear. With a black car you notice every little blemish and the factory paint looked like crap after only 3+ years so I didn't want another cheap job. Also, those cheap jobs can have dirt chunks and other stuff in the paint and can definately be low quaility.

Drew

NO REMORSE!! NO REGRETS!!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #18680 Previous topic | Next topic