Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #16960
View in threaded mode

Subject: "quick question..." Previous topic | Next topic
___djtrixter___Mar-12-02 04:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
37 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16960, "quick question..."

i want to take off the pin stripes of the side of my 98 rs (burgundy) but am unsure how to do it. can i do it without messing up to paint underneath? im probally gonna repaint my car but not for a while. is there an easy way to do this without messing up anything else? thanks to all that help!!!

dj triXter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
fauchpjMar-12-02 05:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16961, "RE: quick question..."
In response to Reply # 0

just peel it off. It shouldnt take any paint off. You may need to wax it afterwards because you will probably be able to tell where the stripes were.

I did this on my dads old ranger and it looked pretty good after i took them off. No damage

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

drbalazo7Mar-12-02 05:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
913 posts,
#16962, "RE: quick question..."
In response to Reply # 1

take a heat gun or hair dryer and blow on it a lil and start peeling....it should come out with no problem...if your paint is burned then you will notice a light line where the decal was and you may want to polish your car..

drbalazo@hotmail.com
jmorales@navsta.psasd.navy.mil

Thank you and have a Rice day!!

I miss you mom, you are always with me RIP...

___djtrixter___Mar-12-02 09:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
37 posts,
#16963, "RE: quick question..."
In response to Reply # 0

thanks alot...ill give it a whirl!!!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #16960 Previous topic | Next topic