Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #15772
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Cold Air Intake" Previous topic | Next topic
AggressionFeb-23-02 07:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15772, "Cold Air Intake"

I made a post earlier today but now its gone o well. My Q is this...what size piping should on the CAI for my 97 GS to get max hp? Also where can I purchase this CAI? I looked at a 2 1/2" CAI at speedpeople for $99. But I don't know anything about CAI so please help me.

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
bedlam32570Feb-23-02 07:54 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
1240 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15773, "RE: Cold Air Intake"
In response to Reply # 0

well
1. Your post was more than likely moved to the Performance/Engine area cause it doesn't go in this section. This is for stuff like exterior and interior stuff like body kits, carpet, seats, rims, headlights and stuff like.

2. My best suggestion is to get an Injen CAI or an AEM CAI cause those are some of the best ones in my opinion. You could always check around and see the difference between them all. Warning though...you get what you pay for. I just bought a CAI on friday and I can tell the difference between the short ram and the CAI. I got an AEM one. If you get a short ram intake, get a Revolution one. They sell them at www.mbautosport.com . Those are really good ones. They are C/F and it's 5 inches. they also sell the Injen CAI

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AggressionFeb-24-02 05:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#15774, "RE: Cold Air Intake"
In response to Reply # 1

sorry bro its just a habit of posting in here. This is the only one ive ever posted in. Just wasn't thinkin sorry man.

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

bedlam32570Feb-24-02 10:48 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
1240 posts,
#15775, "RE: Cold Air Intake"
In response to Reply # 2

oh it's cool. i was just telling you where it probably went to. it's no big deal. i am usually only in this area too cause i dont' need to know anything about engine work and all cause i got a friend who helps me with all that.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #15772 Previous topic | Next topic