Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #15630
View in linear mode

Subject: "street glow install hard?" Previous topic | Next topic
1995GSFeb-21-02 09:13 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2001
190 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15630, "street glow install hard?"

How hard are street glow installs? I wanted to perminately mount them and not use the cigarette lighter adapter.

-Brian

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: street glow install hard?, Twiste, Feb-21-02 11:29 AM, #1
RE: street glow install hard?, 1995GS, Feb-21-02 12:22 PM, #2
      RE: street glow install hard?, optimuspeterson, Feb-21-02 02:50 PM, #3
RE: street glow install hard?, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-21-02 03:44 PM, #4
RE: street glow install hard?, Aggression, Feb-22-02 02:23 AM, #5
      RE: street glow install hard?, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-22-02 04:52 AM, #6
           RE: street glow install hard?, Twiste, Feb-22-02 03:32 PM, #7

TwisteFeb-21-02 11:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15631, "RE: street glow install hard?"
In response to Reply # 0

the street glow pedals u mean? They are so easy. They dont plug into ur cigarette lighter though. They come with a transformer and u plug them into that and plug that to your power. It only took me 1 hr with all the wiring.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1995GSFeb-21-02 12:22 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2001
190 posts,
#15632, "RE: street glow install hard?"
In response to Reply # 1

i meant liek interior and underbody neons.

-Brian

optimuspetersonFeb-21-02 02:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#15633, "RE: street glow install hard?"
In response to Reply # 2

Its more time consuming than anything. I put it on my old accord. Its just a pain in the butt to put underneath the car.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

TeamXtremeRSFeb-21-02 03:44 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#15634, "RE: street glow install hard?"
In response to Reply # 0

interior neon isn't that hard at all, and to do the underbody, give plenty of time. Running and mounting the cables is the most time consuming part, and mounting the tubes is fairly easy. You must be sure to mount the tubes very good, as so not to have excess vibration of the tube against the body of the car, which can break em very easily. I guess finding the right spots to run and mount the cables to the car is the worst part, but all in all, not too dificult. I'v done many underbody kits, and it gets easier all the time. I would recomend Street Glow gold series, I'v had the best luck with them not breaking. Lite glow sucks, their tubes always seem to break very quickly no matter how they are mounted...Also, check your local laws with neon lighting, in many states its illegal to drive on the streets with them on...and what colors are legal..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

AggressionFeb-22-02 02:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#15635, "RE: street glow install hard?"
In response to Reply # 4

I am getting the street glo gold series in Blue. Now how much clearence is need in order to have them? Like im about to drop my car 2" from the stock height. Will that be too much?

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

TeamXtremeRSFeb-22-02 04:52 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#15636, "RE: street glow install hard?"
In response to Reply # 5

I would say drop your car first, and get used to driving it that low. Learn how to take bumps, steep drives, and the like. You will most likely scrap on something when you first start to drive that low. You can do that, or whenever, just trying to save you some broken tubes. I haven't really looked to hard on our cars to mount the tubes, but i have done some quick peeks, and it looks fairly simple. Another trick i use so you can't see the bulb from the street, only the glow, is to mask off the side of the tube that would be slightly visibe when looking at the side of the car, with black electrical tape. Run a few tape wide strips down the tube, and then do a few rolls at the end of the tube to be sure the tape doesn't come up. This works very well, and the tape has never come off for me on my old cars that had underbody kits. Just be sure to fasten the tubes good, but do not put so much pressure on the tube as to put a bend in it when you are mounting it. Other than that, your drop shouldn't affect it too much, but stiffer suspensions and big rims will make a more harder ride, and make the small bumps enough force to break a tube. You just have to be careful when you drive.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

TwisteFeb-22-02 03:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#15637, "RE: street glow install hard?"
In response to Reply # 6

actually you dont have to worry bout dropping your car because they actually will tuck up underneath the body. I have neo blue and i did mine in about 6 hrs. with wiring everything. The hardest part was where to run the wire coming off the back by the muffler. It was hard but i ran it right above the muffler. If you need some help installing them just ask me. My email is Twiste2@yahoo.com

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #15630 Previous topic | Next topic