Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1304
View in linear mode

Subject: "anyone looking to convert talon to eclipse...." Previous topic | Next topic
cyanFeb-09-01 04:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1304, "anyone looking to convert talon to eclipse...."

if any of you talon owners are looking to ditch your eagle rear ends and convert to the eclipse one ive got some options for you...im selling my factory white eclipse bumper+reverse lights+taillights for the complete Talon->Eclipse conversion. but i have also recently started considering selling my ViS invader rear bumper as well. ive only had it on my car since december but i already want something else. it is flawless though i just change my tastes too much. my stock bumper is on ebay right now at this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=555916148&r=0&t=0
check it out if youre interested. if you want the invader rear, email me and make me an offer, you can see pictures of both bumpers on my webpage as well on the "my eclipse" page on the link below.
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: anyone looking to convert talon to eclipse...., cyan, Feb-09-01 04:41 PM, #1
RE: anyone looking to convert talon to eclipse...., DSMLVR, Feb-10-01 12:21 AM, #2
I agree, Skrilla, Feb-10-01 10:16 AM, #5
RE: anyone looking to convert talon to eclipse...., Basikstylz, Feb-10-01 02:01 PM, #6
RE: anyone looking to convert talon to eclipse...., 97CustomGS, Feb-10-01 02:29 AM, #3
      RE: anyone looking to convert talon to eclipse...., js99rs, Feb-10-01 04:47 AM, #4
           haha,no you wanna know the secret..., cyan, Feb-10-01 06:00 PM, #7
                talon ->eclipse, 95ESi, Feb-12-01 08:54 AM, #8
                     RE: talon ->eclipse, cyan, Feb-12-01 11:16 AM, #9

cyanFeb-09-01 04:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1305, "RE: anyone looking to convert talon to eclipse...."
In response to Reply # 0

oh yeah and the blitz front in my pictures is for sale too in a couple of weeks if you want to do the complete exterior conversion (except the door moldings)
and damn, i just realized im selling my whole kit...well,someone make me an offer, the whole kit is custom (its the ViS kit but all 4 pieces have been modded with vents by my body shop)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSMLVRFeb-10-01 12:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
58 posts,
#1306, "RE: anyone looking to convert talon to eclipse...."
In response to Reply # 1

I have never done this conversion (from Talon to Eclipse) but I think I remember reading from someone awhile back that it is not just a bolt on conversion. I think you have to have some new brackets and have them welded on also. Lots of little parts to get also. MAKE SURE you research this alot before you try it. Besides ,WHO would want to do it? Talon looks great from the rear.
Rich Benner,Jr
95 Eagle Talon ESi
HPDustoff@aol.com

SkrillaFeb-10-01 10:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1307, "I agree"
In response to Reply # 2

I prefer the look of the Talon because they are rare in my area and I love the way it looks dropped

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

BasikstylzFeb-10-01 02:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
129 posts,
#1308, "RE: anyone looking to convert talon to eclipse...."
In response to Reply # 2

I did the conversion on my 96 Talon. well I guess the body shop did the conversion. there was no actuall welding involved but they did have to make brackets to go between the talon mounts and the bumper mounts. and for the taillights the center piece will need 3 new holes drilled into the car so it can mount. and you will have to do some wire splicing and get new plugs to get the blinkers and tail lights in the correct place. because the plugs are different and so are the wireing harnesses. and I had to add some wire to the reverse ligts so that they could reach there new location, then they needed eclipse plugs because the talon plugs are different. I think thats all there was though.

Jeff
96Tsi

97CustomGSFeb-10-01 02:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
48 posts,
#1309, "RE: anyone looking to convert talon to eclipse...."
In response to Reply # 1

Hey Cyan... Just curious - What's your secret? No girlfriend? Where do you find all the money to do this?

I think my main problem is the woman... having a girlfriend cuts your actual income in half.

js99rsFeb-10-01 04:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#1310, "RE: anyone looking to convert talon to eclipse...."
In response to Reply # 3

i gots a girlfriend and i go to college...IM POOR! any one want to help with the cause? any one? please?

-jason

cyanFeb-10-01 06:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1311, "haha,no you wanna know the secret..."
In response to Reply # 4

get a girlfriend that will buy alot of the stuff
who would want to do the conversion? i sure as hell would, it occurs to me that most of the people who prefer teh talon back end are alon owners defending their turf, but were all the same cars here, so its all a matter of taste

95ESiFeb-12-01 08:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1312, "talon ->eclipse"
In response to Reply # 7

>who would want to do the
>conversion? i sure as hell
>would, it occurs to me
>that most of the people
>who prefer teh talon back
>end are alon owners defending
>their turf, but were all
>the same cars here, so
>its all a matter of
>taste

heh...it's too much trouble....save the $$$ and get a unique body kit or use it for something "fuctional!"

cyanFeb-12-01 11:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1313, "RE: talon ->eclipse"
In response to Reply # 8

theres just one problem,if you actually find a body kit for the talon youre still stuck with the nasty talon taillights.
and theres no such thing as a unique body kit unless you make it yourself, theyre all designed to sell more than one copy of each mold,so they arent exactly unique

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1304 Previous topic | Next topic