Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1108
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sideskirts (cyan please help)" Previous topic | Next topic
Ryan_HesJan-30-01 04:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1108, "Sideskirts (cyan please help)"

I have the exact same sideskirts that you have cyan, but they arent on my car yet.

How are they installed on an RS?

Would they look decent without doorcaps?

Ryan
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

http://www.monkeygods.com/Ryan
(Fast connection suggested)

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), cyan, Jan-30-01 05:08 PM, #1
Door Caps, mikee97gs, Jan-30-01 05:16 PM, #2
RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), Teameclipse804, Jan-30-01 06:58 PM, #3
RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), TeamMichael_97RS, Jan-31-01 03:01 AM, #4
      RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), cyan, Jan-31-01 12:55 PM, #5
           RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jan-31-01 03:55 PM, #6
                RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), Teameclipse804, Jan-31-01 03:56 PM, #7
                RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), Justin, Jan-31-01 06:17 PM, #8
                RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-01-01 06:32 AM, #9
                     RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-01-01 09:57 AM, #10
                          RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), Ryan_RS, Feb-01-01 03:42 PM, #11
                               RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), Teameclipse804, Feb-01-01 06:03 PM, #12
                               RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), cyan, Feb-01-01 07:15 PM, #13
                               RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-02-01 04:05 AM, #14
                                    RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help), cyan, Feb-06-01 01:45 PM, #15

cyanJan-30-01 05:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1109, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 0

damn youre lucky you got the rs with no doorcaps they look much better without them. i am spending so much cash removing factory GS parts (spoiler,door caps soon). they are the simplest install its not even funny, that is if they fit right. i just had a friend hold them where i wanted them and drilled two holes through the rear upper section above the scoops, and inserted those screws to hold it in place, then i drilled a big hole in the front fender area for that screw adn inserted it, then all i did was drill 3 small screw holes in the door sill area, so there are 6 screws per skirt. you can attach the bottom section but you dont need to, this worked perfectly for me so far.
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mikee97gsJan-30-01 05:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
117 posts,
#1110, "Door Caps"
In response to Reply # 1

What the hell are door caps?lol
Mike

Teameclipse804Jan-30-01 06:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1111, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 1

Wow you figured all that out on your own? I woulda never figured it out if the body shop didn't help me. The hardest part is the 3 screws under the doors because there is only like a 1 inch piece of metal you can drill through, and you want to make it so that the door will not hit the side skirts or the screws when you try to close it. A lot of side skirts don't fit too well so the doors don't close easily...

Also, I agree it looks a lot better without the doorcaps so its a clean line...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

TeamMichael_97RSJan-31-01 03:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1112, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 1

Hey when you take off the door cap do you want to sell them? I want to add VIS Battle Z Type 2 side skirts and I think they would look better with the door caps. If you want to sell them how much?
Thanks.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

cyanJan-31-01 12:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1113, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 4

i am in debt now but if i ever decide to sell the door caps, i would sell them cheap, like shipped ofr $100 maybe. i think they are 125 each stock. the door caps are the 5" high panels on the bottom of the doors on GS-up models.

ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-31-01 03:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#1114, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 5

Acutally they are about $80 for both shipped. I emailed Tallahassee??? Mitsubishi and thats what they said.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Teameclipse804Jan-31-01 03:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1115, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 6

Are you sure? That sounds way to cheap for new door caps. I think wings west said they are about 200 for both. Or was it 250?

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

JustinJan-31-01 06:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
73 posts,
#1116, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 7

Michael_97RS..I have doorcaps for sale..email me:

ixhitman@aol.com

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-01-01 06:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1117, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 6

Evul can I get that contact ifo from you? If it's only $80 I'll probably just go with new ones.
Thanks.

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-01-01 09:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#1118, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 9

Unless they emailed me a price for something else I dont know...

Front Door Ganish L. MR248255
$37.18
Front Door Ganish R. MR248256 $38.26

Thanks!!
Jeff Stillwell wrote:

> Could I please get an exact price for these items
> shipped to 58504.
> mr248255 and mr248256
> They are just the door caps I believe.
> Plus I had many referals from Club DSM to order from
> you guys and they said that I might get a discount.
> Please email me back a price soon.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff Stillwell
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products.
> http://shopping.yahoo.com/

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Ryan_HesFeb-01-01 03:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#1119, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 10

Cool, then I won't have to find doorcaps. I can't wait to get these sideskirts on..they are gonna drastically change the look of my car. However, one problem.

The guy I got them from hit a deer, and his front left tire fell off, causing a piece of one of the sideskirts to crack and come off. It isn't too bad, it is broken off at the very end (Where it screws to the wheel well, at the very front tip.) Without fixing this, I can not mount the sideskirts. Does anyone know if fiberglass can be repaired. I'm not sure if bondo or some type of plaster would be used, but I'm wondering if this is going to work out...I know a guy who says he can probably do it, but as far as costs and materials....can anyone fill me in?

I bought the aftermarket sideskirts for only $70. So even if I have to pay a little to make them perfect, I'll be getting a pretty good deal.

Ryan
Ryeguy2002@Hotmail.com
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

http://www.monkeygods.com/Ryan
(Fast connection suggested)

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Teameclipse804Feb-01-01 06:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1120, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 11

Do not just use bondo to repair that. Bondo is not too strong and only for minor repairs. But if a part is broken off, you should re-fiberglass it and then bondo over the fiberglass to smooth it out. It is pretty easy and I don't think a shop would charge over 50 bucks to do it. Good luck

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

cyanFeb-01-01 07:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1121, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 12

did you check the "side garnish" prices for an eclipse or talon? im not sure which you haev but on the talons it probably means the door moldings. just a though

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-02-01 04:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1122, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 11

You could try to fix it yourself. Get the fiberglass cloth and some apoxy. then mix it and apply to the side skirt, you can cut it down if you make it too big and sand it to get a smooth finish and ready for painting. Just a thought if you don't want to pay anyone to do it.

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:

cyanFeb-06-01 01:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1123, "RE: Sideskirts (cyan please help)"
In response to Reply # 14

ok, well i decided to go ahead and sell my side skirts, so anyone who was interested, let me know. i would prefer to trade mine for the battle z type2 if anyone wats to trade but i will but i will sell these by themselves. i am also looking to buy some b-z type 2 if youre selling yours, preferable used. my sideskirts were $275+$100 shipping+$50 for the side vents and $150 for the paint, thats $575. i will sell them for $350 shipped to your door, which is 25 bucks cheaper than you can buy them new,unpainted. or if you live a little closer to me in GA i will sell them to you for $250 and you can cover the shipping cost. your choice.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1108 Previous topic | Next topic