Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105954
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tips on removing outside door trim?" Previous topic | Next topic
John99RSNov-07-13 06:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105954, "Tips on removing outside door trim?"

Hey guys, has anyone removed the outside door trim on the top part of the door where it meets the window? I replace one the other day and it was a biotch! I had the door panel off, the screws on both ends of the trim, the inside top trim piece off and the mirror removed. I pulled up on it forever and it finally came loose after breaking it in half. Also noticed there are a few metal tabs formed in the door and one was bent up after pulling so hard and I had to hammer it back down. The new goes right back on by just putting it in place and pressing down firmly, but taking the old one out sucks ass. Thanks

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorCorbinNov-25-13 06:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105957, "RE: Tips on removing outside door trim?"
In response to Reply # 0

I've removed that from a few cars and never had to fight it quite like that. Your steps are the same as mine. I did have to work it off inch by inch, starting at one end and working toward the middle. You really do have to be gentle to keep it from bending. Maybe you just got a super tight one on your car.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105954 Previous topic | Next topic