Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105738
View in linear mode

Subject: "build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)" Previous topic | Next topic
fradjrJun-25-12 07:43 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2012
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105738, "build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)"
Jun-25-12 08:21 PM by fradjr

I have had 4 Dsms before this one, But the back story behind this one. I bought a 90 Tsi not running and got it running within a week and dailyed it up till last december. My buddy got screwed over with a deal with this Gs eclipse, so I helped him out and bought it from him, Headgasket blew a week after he got it, so I gave him 500 bucks for it.
98 Eclipse Gs
Came on tokico blues with yellow lowering springs.
Full custom 3 inch exhaust to apexi N1 muffler, Test pipe, and header.
Some autozone intake
aftermarket clutch.
Full interior minus front seats from a GSX.
He had some Sportmax 962s to I bought as well with the car.
2ga front too from my old dsm( I traded front ends with this car a couple years back lol).
And a very beat up body.

Anyway I pulled the head off, got it hotanked, new valve seals, Painted everything including the bay, And threw it back together, AC and PS was removed too.New water pump, timing belt and components, and all seals.

ALL put together.

Been dailying it since,
Got full tan Leather interior and swapped it in( I love tan)

2gb Front ,Brand new headlights and bumper, Gotta love working at a body shop.

Got 2gb fogs and bezels for 13 buck

Threw my 17s on for a while just to see how low it was, Hated the look.

Started body work, And got a gst wing.

Of course there is alot more to do with that, Seeing as I bought a new hatch and door.
But anyways It is painted now, PPg toyota black base and omni clear.

Door peice is waiting to be put on by the way.

Now future plans are to boost prob, or just lower the rear more and keep driving it, All in all the car is coming along great just have to figure out next step.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy), Babbz413, Jun-25-12 08:27 PM, #1
RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy), fradjr, Jun-25-12 08:41 PM, #2
      RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy), Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-26-12 04:11 AM, #3
           RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy), Slo2g, Jun-26-12 09:43 AM, #4
                RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy), Fotowntalon, Jun-26-12 10:18 AM, #5
                RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy), 740 turbo brick, Jun-26-12 01:58 PM, #6
                RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy), JoshDSM, Jun-26-12 07:03 PM, #7
                     RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy), ez, Jun-26-12 11:53 PM, #8
                RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy), fradjr, Jun-27-12 06:04 PM, #10
                RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy), fradjr, Jun-27-12 06:03 PM, #9
                RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy), Slo2g, Jun-27-12 09:02 PM, #11
                RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy), fradjr, Nov-07-12 08:18 PM, #12

Babbz413Jun-25-12 08:27 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105739, "RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome! Car looks great. Nice strut towers! Functional hood? Only other hood I've seen like that is from Corbin on here.

95 GS Boosted

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fradjrJun-25-12 08:41 PM
5 posts,
#105740, "RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)"
In response to Reply # 1

Not much rust in south carolina:)
And yes it is functional, my intake is right under it, and when I boost I plan on making the filter go up there again.

ModeratorxcasbonxJun-26-12 04:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#105741, "RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)"
In response to Reply # 2

Nice job cleaning her up. She looks great.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Slo2gJun-26-12 09:43 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#105742, "RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)"
In response to Reply # 3

Where in SC are you located? Another local!

FotowntalonJun-26-12 10:18 AM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
#105743, "RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)"
In response to Reply # 4

How much do you charge for repainting? did a damn good job.

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

740 turbo brickJun-26-12 01:58 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#105744, "RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)"
In response to Reply # 5

Very nice. I love those 5 spoke wheels too.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

JoshDSMJun-26-12 07:03 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#105745, "RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)"
In response to Reply # 6

Andrew! you bum deleted your fb again, now give me my exhaust and send me a txt ive got stuff to tell you. Cars looking real good

ezJun-26-12 11:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#105747, "RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)"
In response to Reply # 7

Fantastic work. Your valve cover reminds me of my old enkei shogun powdercoat. I like your gray 17s more, but of course tastes are subjective.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

fradjrJun-27-12 06:04 PM
5 posts,
#105749, "RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)"
In response to Reply # 5

I get the paint straight from distributer from where I work, so All in all it was 245 for clear,base,harder,reducer etc. but If you do all the body work or whatever and live in SC my friend has a booth at his house and does great work, he will shoot a car for 100 bucks.

fradjrJun-27-12 06:03 PM
5 posts,
#105748, "RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah I live in lugoff sc its about twenty minutes from cola! what about you?

Slo2gJun-27-12 09:02 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#105750, "RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)"
In response to Reply # 9

Awesome, I'm in the upstate but over the next 6 months will probably be in Cola every third weekend. You get deals on some paint? Just so happens I need some paint!

fradjrNov-07-12 08:18 PM
5 posts,
#105855, "RE: build thread, 98 GS(pic heavy)"
In response to Reply # 4

Lugoff man, <:[br />

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105738 Previous topic | Next topic