Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105594
View in linear mode

Subject: "Identify these 2 relays???" Previous topic | Next topic
kevoxJan-29-12 02:43 AM
Member since Jul 21st 2007
145 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105594, "Identify these 2 relays???"

I'm sure this is a simple answer but I don't know it....the 2 relays that are mounted high up on the firewall in the engine bay all the way over in the driver's side corner, what do they do?

I'm cleaning out the engine bay next month and am curious if I need these...

Managers tell people what to do. Leaders show them how to do it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Identify these 2 relays???, hazardeclipse, Jan-29-12 02:52 AM, #1
RE: Identify these 2 relays???, kevox, Jan-29-12 03:00 AM, #2
      RE: Identify these 2 relays???, kevox, Jan-29-12 03:06 AM, #3
           RE: Identify these 2 relays???, AdministratorCODE4, Jan-29-12 07:47 AM, #4
                RE: Identify these 2 relays???, kevox, Jan-30-12 02:56 AM, #5
                     RE: Identify these 2 relays???, azdave, Jan-30-12 02:59 PM, #6
                          RE: Identify these 2 relays???, AdministratorCODE4, Jan-30-12 03:00 PM, #7
                               RE: Identify these 2 relays???, azdave, Jan-30-12 03:05 PM, #8

hazardeclipseJan-29-12 02:52 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105595, "RE: Identify these 2 relays???"
In response to Reply # 0

We usually ask that you search, before posting, but the two relays in question are the ASD relay, and the fuel pump relay.

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kevoxJan-29-12 03:00 AM
145 posts,
#105596, "RE: Identify these 2 relays???"
In response to Reply # 1
Jan-29-12 03:04 AM by kevox

Thank-you for the help. I DID in fact search, http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php BUT beyond that I didn't know how else to word my search....I even googled it and went to ask.com with it. Nothing. What would you have searched to find the answers without posting a new thread?

EDIT: I Thought that link would post accurately. I searched the words "2 relays in engine bay" and got nothing related to my search at all.

kevoxJan-29-12 03:06 AM
145 posts,
#105597, "RE: Identify these 2 relays???"
In response to Reply # 2

Question on the ASD relay...since I have my fuel system running on Megasquirt, can I remove this relay without harm?

AdministratorCODE4Jan-29-12 07:47 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#105598, "RE: Identify these 2 relays???"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by kevox
Question on the ASD relay...since I have my fuel system running on Megasquirt, can I remove this relay without harm?

Depends if by fuel system you mean your injectors (as well as the other components that operate via the ASD) are powered via a relay operated by the Megasquirt. Look up the circuit diagram in the factory service manual and look at what is powered by the ASD relay. If you have already, or are willing to rewire, then you can remove it.

As for searching for the relay, the wiki has a picture of the two relays - http://www.2gnt.com/?d=ASD

This image is straight out of the factory service manual as well.

---

2012 2500HD LML

kevoxJan-30-12 02:56 AM
145 posts,
#105599, "RE: Identify these 2 relays???"
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks for the help once again guys!

azdaveJan-30-12 02:59 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
#105600, "RE: Identify these 2 relays???"
In response to Reply # 5

And for those of you with 95 automatics...

AdministratorCODE4Jan-30-12 03:00 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#105601, "RE: Identify these 2 relays???"
In response to Reply # 6

Interesting Dave... I have never seen that configuration before.

Thanks for posting up the pic.

---

2012 2500HD LML

azdaveJan-30-12 03:05 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
#105602, "RE: Identify these 2 relays???"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by CODE4
Interesting Dave... I have never seen that configuration before. Thanks for posting up the pic.

It's not too common to see but I have one set I saved from a part-out for future projects. Corbin posted about those 4 relays way back when but that thread didn't have a drawing to help explain.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105594 Previous topic | Next topic