Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105529
View in linear mode

Subject: "Halo ring bulb replacement?" Previous topic | Next topic
mxracer04Nov-18-11 09:03 AM
Member since May 04th 2009
56 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105529, "Halo ring bulb replacement?"

I have a 1996 eagle talon that came with halo projectors in it, I wired up the halo rings the other day and minutes after having them on they blew. I took out the head light and was looking inside of it to see if there are bulbs to replace, does anyone have an idea of how to replace them or if they are even replaceable?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?, AdministratorCODE4, Nov-18-11 09:50 AM, #1
RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?, kblackadar, Nov-19-11 02:34 PM, #2
RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?, mxracer04, Nov-21-11 06:53 AM, #3
      RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?, AdministratorCODE4, Nov-21-11 06:55 AM, #4
      RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?, megaskillz, Nov-21-11 10:13 PM, #5
           RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?, venge24, Dec-07-11 01:22 AM, #6
                RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?, mxracer04, Dec-07-11 08:05 AM, #7
                     RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-07-11 08:08 AM, #8
                          RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?, streetlightning, Dec-07-11 09:07 AM, #9
                          RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?, mxracer04, Dec-07-11 10:58 PM, #10

AdministratorCODE4Nov-18-11 09:50 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105530, "RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?"
In response to Reply # 0

They are likely cheap LEDs that are not easily serviceable. Ditch them, or if you really want that look, buy another set of cheap projector housing headlights. Keep in mind they are cheap crap though.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kblackadarNov-19-11 02:34 PM
Member since Dec 20th 2010
1 posts,
#105531, "RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?"
In response to Reply # 0

The easiest way to do it is to pull the projector out then split the lens from the housing to get the halo out. i got frustrated and tossed mine after i got it together and the bulb blew when i hooked it up.

mxracer04Nov-21-11 06:53 AM
56 posts,
#105533, "RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?"
In response to Reply # 2

I was looking at just the ring on ebay and they have led rings and a ccfl. Are those all cheap too?

AdministratorCODE4Nov-21-11 06:55 AM
2552 posts,
#105534, "RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?"
In response to Reply # 3

You get what you pay for.

---

2012 2500HD LML

megaskillzNov-21-11 10:13 PM
Member since Oct 12th 2008
105 posts,
#105535, "RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by mxracer04
I was looking at just the ring on ebay and they have led rings and a ccfl. Are those all cheap too?

Hey man, there is a member here that has extensive knowledge with leds. I believe his name is Dave and he has some photos and captions of his led replacement in the halo ring.

You can find it here on his webpage.

http://www.rcaz.com/rcaz/sub%20indexes/ebayprojectorheadlamps/index.htm

If you have the patience and time, by all means go for it. If not, then you may have to buy another set of headlights. Hope this helps.

98 GS manual - ATMT completed
91 Hyundai Excel- 4g63t swap pending
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2553845/1998-mitsubishi-eclipse

venge24Dec-07-11 01:22 AM
Member since Nov 15th 2009
33 posts,
#105558, "RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?"
In response to Reply # 5

Rcaz has a couple great write ups, , and stated previously, it's a peice of cake, I might replace mine with red ones

mxracer04Dec-07-11 08:05 AM
56 posts,
#105559, "RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?"
In response to Reply # 6

how do I find his write ups on it?

AdministratorCODE4Dec-07-11 08:08 AM
2552 posts,
#105560, "RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by mxracer04
how do I find his write ups on it?

The link is posted above. Did you not read through it?

---

2012 2500HD LML

streetlightningDec-07-11 09:07 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#105561, "RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?"
In response to Reply # 8

Agreed, you get what you pay for. IMO if you really want projectors and Halos, get a retrofit done, higher quality for sure. I, as well as a few others on here do retrofits. Its not cheap, but the end result is quality.. GL with the fix.

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

mxracer04Dec-07-11 10:58 PM
56 posts,
#105569, "RE: Halo ring bulb replacement?"
In response to Reply # 8

I just over looked the link.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105529 Previous topic | Next topic