Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105446
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rear seat mount for 50/50 split seats" Previous topic | Next topic
jrok408Sep-08-11 07:32 PM
Member since Mar 02nd 2005
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105446, "Rear seat mount for 50/50 split seats"

Hi everyone! I was wondering if you guys know of a way to remove the rear seat mount that is used for the 50/50 split leather seats. Or if you guys have a solution to mounting the seats into place. My car came with the one piece bench seat so it does not have this mount. I tried to remove it at the salvage yard but no luck Thanks in advance.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

freelancefoolSep-08-11 07:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105447, "RE: Rear seat mount for 50/50 split seats"
In response to Reply # 0

Drill the spot welds out. See the little circles around the mount? Drill there.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinSep-08-11 07:44 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105449, "RE: Rear seat mount for 50/50 split seats"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by freelancefool
Drill the spot welds out. See the little circles around the mount? Drill there.

No.

It wont come out right. New is 8 bucks. Much easier.

ModeratortekleinSep-08-11 07:43 PM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105448, "RE: Rear seat mount for 50/50 split seats"
In response to Reply # 0

I did this to my RS.

Look in CAPS. You can order that from the dealer for like 8 bucks. Then just weld in ans you are good to go.

I thought I had it in the wiki, but cannot find it.

jrok408Sep-10-11 08:53 PM
Member since Mar 02nd 2005
7 posts,
#105453, "RE: Rear seat mount for 50/50 split seats"
In response to Reply # 2

Thank you. In case people wanted to know, it was under floor category in caps. It was PNC 75119Z. Part number MR296166.

ModeratortekleinSep-10-11 08:56 PM
1699 posts,
#105454, "RE: Rear seat mount for 50/50 split seats"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by jrok408
Thank you. In case people wanted to know, it was under floor category in caps. It was PNC 75119Z. Part number MR296166.

Yep! There is a wiki post I put in about it somewhere. Couldnt find it the other day ans was in the middle of something or I would have gotten you the PN.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105446 Previous topic | Next topic