Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105401
View in linear mode

Subject: "Aftermarket OEM Headlights" Previous topic | Next topic
John99RSAug-19-11 08:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105401, "Aftermarket OEM Headlights"

I was wondering if anyone was running any kind of OEM Aftermarket headlights and if they are still holding up? Are they handling the elements? I'm going to replace my with some fresh ones from the dealer, but figured I would check to see if there are any aftermarket that might be worth it. Thanks

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

electroheadAug-22-11 02:09 AM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105402, "RE: Aftermarket OEM Headlights"
In response to Reply # 0

I've had aftermarket OEM clone headlights since Dec. '09 and they're holding up pretty well. To be on the safe side, I followed everyone's advice here and got the headlights covered with Venture Shield headlight film to prevent fading and peeling of the lenses. The lenses are still nice and clear. Without the film I don't think the lights would have held up for 6 months. I got the headlights from headlightsdepot.com and they cost $102 with shipping.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

John99RSAug-22-11 06:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105403, "RE: Aftermarket OEM Headlights"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the reply. I completely forgot about that film. I do remember the discussion on it a while back though. Did you buy it yourself or did you have it done by a tint shop?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

electroheadAug-23-11 12:12 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105404, "RE: Aftermarket OEM Headlights"
In response to Reply # 2

I had a shop do it. I think it cost me $120 for both lights. So with the purchase of the lights and having the film put on, it was like buying one dealer headlight. LOL. I opted to have a shop do it because of my OCD. I'd never be happy with the way it would come out if I did it.

venge24Dec-07-11 09:42 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2009
33 posts,
#105565, "RE: Aftermarket OEM Headlights"
In response to Reply # 3

Why not try something with projectors, put hid's, have fun with ot

Vendor99BeaterGSDec-24-11 02:52 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2011
40 posts,
#105577, "RE: Aftermarket OEM Headlights"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by John99RS
I was wondering if anyone was running any kind of OEM Aftermarket headlights and if they are still holding up? Are they handling the elements? I'm going to replace my with some fresh ones from the dealer, but figured I would check to see if there are any aftermarket that might be worth it. Thanks

i know you ask back in august but i just came across this site a few minutes ago OEM Headlights for 50 bucks each

http://www.discountbodyparts.com/catalog/?N=4294963744+1676+11326+9217&Nr=OR(brand:Replacement,brand:Kool%20Vue,bran erfect%20Fit,brand:US%20Auto%20Parts)&omPage=Part%20Name-Headlight

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105401 Previous topic | Next topic