Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105383
View in linear mode

Subject: "BBQ paint - do it" Previous topic | Next topic
ezAug-06-11 05:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105383, "BBQ paint - do it"

Shiny mufflers are pretty but they increase the risk of grabbing the wrong person's attention.

Here is an Espelir cat back.

On a black car it becomes a focal point, especially when the angle of the sun is just right and it becomes a mirror.

Muffler was sanded down with fine grit paper

Then masked off things and painted with Krylon $4 flat black bbq paint.

It's almost invisible in the sun now, just like the blacked out front mount and projectors. Ez's tip of the day is: do this.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: BBQ paint - do it, TeamDR1665, Aug-06-11 06:27 PM, #1
RE: BBQ paint - do it, RoninEclipse2G, Aug-06-11 07:50 PM, #2
RE: BBQ paint - do it, dalesmitsu, Aug-07-11 12:12 AM, #3
RE: BBQ paint - do it, SilvrEclips, Aug-08-11 06:48 AM, #4
      RE: BBQ paint - do it, Moderatorxcasbonx, Aug-08-11 12:34 PM, #5
           RE: BBQ paint - do it, eclipsekaiser, Aug-08-11 08:16 PM, #6
                RE: BBQ paint - do it, ez, Aug-09-11 07:39 PM, #8
RE: BBQ paint - do it, John99RS, Aug-09-11 02:54 PM, #7
RE: BBQ paint - do it, ez, Aug-09-11 07:45 PM, #9
      RE: BBQ paint - do it, Smash_NDash, Aug-10-11 06:02 PM, #10
           RE: BBQ paint - do it, dalesmitsu, Aug-13-11 12:27 AM, #11
                RE: BBQ paint - do it, ez, Aug-13-11 03:45 PM, #12
                RE: BBQ paint - do it, dalesmitsu, Aug-15-11 05:45 PM, #13
                     RE: BBQ paint - do it, ez, Aug-15-11 09:10 PM, #14
                          RE: BBQ paint - do it, Moderatorbullettdsm, Dec-14-11 03:04 PM, #16
                UPDATE, ez, Dec-14-11 03:07 AM, #15
                     RE: UPDATE, nub, Jan-18-12 04:34 PM, #17

TeamDR1665Aug-06-11 06:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105384, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 0

From the OMGWhyDidn'tIThinkOfThat Department: Bad. Ass.

You, sir, are the man. What a great idea.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GAug-06-11 07:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#105385, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DR1665
From the OMGWhyDidn'tIThinkOfThat Department: Bad. Ass. You, sir, are the man. What a great idea.

This.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

dalesmitsuAug-07-11 12:12 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#105386, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 0

Awesome. You need to update your picture Ninja.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

SilvrEclipsAug-08-11 06:48 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#105387, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 3

Looks good, sucks you have to paint over nice shiny parts just to keep the cops off your back

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

ModeratorxcasbonxAug-08-11 12:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#105388, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 4

I see this being doing in my near future. Just one more relic to add to the CBCC.

I contributed to the Wiki.

eclipsekaiserAug-08-11 08:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#105390, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 5

LOL... I knew you couldn't resist.

Are you back in the IE permanently? Holla mang.

-K-

ezAug-09-11 07:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#105394, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by eclipsekaiser
LOL... I knew you couldn't resist. Are you back in the IE permanently? Holla mang.

Hehe, you were definitely the inspiration for this one K Now I just have to smog the bish again.

Yea I'm back in Cali permanently. When I get my new place we should have a BBQ, speaking of BBQs.

John99RSAug-09-11 02:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105393, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 0

Looks great!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

ezAug-09-11 07:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#105395, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 7

Thanks guys. I love it -> was walking back to my car today from the grocery store and the 2g looked like a little stealth fighter in the parking lot. It just sinks into the shadows.

Smash_NDashAug-10-11 06:02 PM
Member since May 31st 2011
64 posts,
#105396, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 9

I wish I could do this but im sure white would stay dirty as hell

dalesmitsuAug-13-11 12:27 AM
986 posts,
#105397, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 10

Keep this updated within a month or two. I'm curious of how it would hold up over time.

__

ezAug-13-11 03:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#105398, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Keep this updated within a month or two. I'm curious of how it would hold up over time.

It did get a little scraped up when they inserted the probe for the smog sniffer test. That's OK because the rattle can is still 1/2 full of touch-up potential. And the best news is - SHE PASSED SMOG

dalesmitsuAug-15-11 05:45 PM
986 posts,
#105399, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by ez
Originally posted by dalesmitsu Keep this updated within a month or two. I'm curious of how it would hold up over time.
It did get a little scraped up when they inserted the probe for the smog sniffer test. That's OK because the rattle can is still 1/2 full of touch-up potential. And the best news is - SHE PASSED SMOG

Congrats. I don't have e-check in my area
Are you bringing it to the SO

__

ezAug-15-11 09:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#105400, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 13

Ohio will never see my car. I can bring the BBQ paint though.

ModeratorbullettdsmDec-14-11 03:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#105572, "RE: BBQ paint - do it"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by ez
Ohio will never see my car. I can bring the BBQ paint though.

I'm thinking just bring the BBQ.......

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

ezDec-14-11 03:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#105571, "UPDATE"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by dalesmitsu

Per your request, 4 months have passed, and it looks exactly the way it did right after I painted it. It's all in the prep work IMO. The paint technology takes care of the rest.

nubJan-18-12 04:34 PM
Member since Feb 12th 2011
26 posts,
#105589, "RE: UPDATE"
In response to Reply # 15

Got any extra paint left over? I need to do that to the greddy if I'm gonna put it back on.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105383 Previous topic | Next topic