Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104665
View in linear mode

Subject: "2gb Talon Wing" Previous topic | Next topic
Slo2gJun-06-10 09:23 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104665, "2gb Talon Wing"

Just wondering if anyone around here has any kind of "template" or if you can take some measurements off of your hatch for me for the talon 2gb high spoiler. Thanks for the help and just let me know!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 2gb Talon Wing, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-07-10 02:41 PM, #1
RE: 2gb Talon Wing, Slo2g, Jun-07-10 04:32 PM, #2
      RE: 2gb Talon Wing, whtclipse98, Jun-08-10 02:08 PM, #3
           RE: 2gb Talon Wing, Slo2g, Jun-08-10 02:20 PM, #4
           RE: 2gb Talon Wing, Moderatorteklein, Jun-08-10 05:10 PM, #5
                RE: 2gb Talon Wing, Slo2g, Jun-08-10 05:17 PM, #6
                RE: 2gb Talon Wing, 95_ESi_Person, Jun-10-10 11:11 AM, #7
                     RE: 2gb Talon Wing, Slo2g, Jun-10-10 06:38 PM, #8
                          RE: 2gb Talon Wing, Ebster1085, Jun-10-10 07:04 PM, #9
                               RE: 2gb Talon Wing, Babbz413, Jun-10-10 10:22 PM, #10
                                    RE: 2gb Talon Wing, Ebster1085, Jun-11-10 08:30 AM, #11
                                         RE: 2gb Talon Wing, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-11-10 10:30 AM, #12
                                              RE: 2gb Talon Wing, Slo2g, Jun-12-10 08:12 PM, #13
                                                   RE: 2gb Talon Wing, DirtMegirt, Jun-13-10 04:59 AM, #14
                                                        RE: 2gb Talon Wing, Moderatorteklein, Jun-13-10 05:35 AM, #15
                                                             RE: 2gb Talon Wing, Ebster1085, Jun-13-10 07:20 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: 2gb Talon Wing, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-14-10 12:54 PM, #17

RoninEclipse2GJun-07-10 02:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104666, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 0

What are you trying to do? The talon halo wing is pretty specific where it mounts

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gJun-07-10 04:32 PM
1074 posts,
#104667, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 1

Im looking for a template before I drill an inch sized hole in my hatch. The spoiler doesnt mount straight down it actually bolts in to the side. So instead of dicking up my hatch I wanted to see if anyone could provide some measurments or a template.

whtclipse98Jun-08-10 02:08 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
137 posts,
#104668, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 2

This is a sad sad site right now. Seeing an eclipse get turn into a talon but each to his own.
You can make your own templates if you have to. Like I said in your other thread, most people convert a talon from eclipse, not the other way around.
I compared countless images to guestimate where I was supposed to mount an eclipse high rise spoiler. I made my own templates out of a stiff construction board, made an outline on the trunk lid where it the outer part was and then used the template to drill my holes. Spoiler was mounted and match to a factory install.

Slo2gJun-08-10 02:20 PM
1074 posts,
#104669, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 3

Yes to each his own. Me personally like the talon because the eclipse is a dime a dozen now. If you have ever seen the Talon high spoiler the mounts are not straight down like on the turbo eclipse wing. They actually have a nub on them that mounts to the side. I will post some pictures later to show you what I'm talking about but I really don't want to guestimate on it, I want it to be oem. I've even considered just getting a talon high spoiler hatch and just using it.

ModeratortekleinJun-08-10 05:10 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#104670, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by whtclipse98
This is a sad sad site right now. Seeing an eclipse get turn into a talon but each to his own. You can make your own templates if you have to. Like I said in your other thread, most people convert a talon from eclipse, not the other way around. I compared countless images to guestimate where I was supposed to mount an eclipse high rise spoiler. I made my own templates out of a stiff construction board, made an outline on the trunk lid where it the outer part was and then used the template to drill my holes. Spoiler was mounted and match to a factory install.

Im going Talon sideskirts and halo spoiler too.

If you want Zac, i get back on Friday. We can always figure it out on my spare hatch to make a template.

Slo2gJun-08-10 05:17 PM
1074 posts,
#104671, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 5

Sounds good Tim, but I was actually thinking of taking a ride to see Stephen Just let me know man!

95_ESi_PersonJun-10-10 11:11 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#104673, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 5
Jun-10-10 11:12 AM by 95_ESi_Person

Originally posted by whtclipse98 This is a sad sad site right now. Seeing an eclipse get turn into a talon but each to his own.

I am planning on converting over to a Talon in the future as well. Why is that bad?

Slo2gJun-10-10 06:38 PM
1074 posts,
#104674, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person
Originally posted by whtclipse98 This is a sad sad site right now. Seeing an eclipse get turn into a talon but each to his own.
I am planning on converting over to a Talon in the future as well. Why is that bad?

Because its not the "cool" thing to do... I like the talon more honestly. Thats why I'm doing the swap!

Ebster1085Jun-10-10 07:04 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#104675, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 8

The Eclipse is nicer, period. Lock this thread!

Just kidding

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

Babbz413Jun-10-10 10:22 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#104676, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 9

I recently put a post in the Marketplace here for a WTB: Talon front bumper cover, the aggressive one. I think it's bad ass. And the talon side skirts are sex. I plan to do a front end swap and possibly side skirts if I can get my hands on some. But I would never change the rear.

95 GS Boosted

Ebster1085Jun-11-10 08:30 AM
531 posts,
#104677, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 10

Babbz, you hit the nail right on the head as far as I'm concerned. I do like the Talon front bumper and sides, equal if not more than than the Eclipse counterparts, but the rear bumper is just plain old ugly.

RoninEclipse2GJun-11-10 10:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104678, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 11
Jun-11-10 10:30 AM by RoninEclipse2G

I've thought about throwing a 2gb Talon front on Malachi and just filling that gaudy giant Eagle logo. I like how it takes the classic smiley face and just makes it more aggressive.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

Slo2gJun-12-10 08:12 PM
1074 posts,
#104679, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 12

The eagle emblem on the front of it is not made into the bumper, its actually a sticker. So if you don't want the eagle emblem then just don't get it IMO the emblem is what makes the bumper though.

DirtMegirtJun-13-10 04:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
#104680, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 13
Jun-13-10 05:01 AM by DirtMegirt

Originally posted by Slo2g
The eagle emblem on the front of it is not made into the bumper, its actually a sticker. So if you don't want the eagle emblem then just don't get it IMO the emblem is what makes the bumper though.

I think this is the bumper cover being referred to:

I don't believe that is a sticker.

DirtMegirt
Wiki Contributor

ModeratortekleinJun-13-10 05:35 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#104681, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by DirtMegirt
Originally posted by Slo2g The eagle emblem on the front of it is not made into the bumper, its actually a sticker. So if you don't want the eagle emblem then just don't get it IMO the emblem is what makes the bumper though.
I think this is the bumper cover being referred to: http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger2/462/719168361669372/259/z/677211/gse_multipart35008.jp g I don't believe that is a sticker.

Oh that is most definitely a sticker.

I know, because I have seen Zac's and found the PN for it

If you order a 97-98 Talon front cover, it will just have the indent, no Eagle emblem.

Ebster1085Jun-13-10 07:20 AM
531 posts,
#104682, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 15

I could be wrong, but I think he was referring not only to the logo (which is a decal) but the huge indent that it sits in. I think he was talking about filling in the indent to make it flush with the rest of the bumper.

RoninEclipse2GJun-14-10 12:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104683, "RE: 2gb Talon Wing"
In response to Reply # 16

I'd want it without the indent anyway. Just a clean smooth bumper cover

Erik P.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104665 Previous topic | Next topic