Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102906
View in threaded mode

Subject: "look what i got today in a junkyard! " 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
boostdtalonFeb-17-09 06:36 AM
Member since Jan 18th 2009
47 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102906, "look what i got today in a junkyard! "

so decided to got to the junk yard with some friends to help them find parts for there honda's. well i split off and browse around alittle. i about shit myself when i found a 97-99 RS sitting in front of me. well in my efforts to return my GS back to running order. i ran over to see that the car was an auto. decided that maybe i could salvage the headlights and if i'm lucky the taillights are still intact. sure enough it's all there and in decent shape.

on the way home i picked up a powerball and already have some plastx at the house. so hopefully the headlights are able to be saved. i'll post up once i've tried the powerball.

oh yeah i payed $100 for everything!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
Moderatorcs82685Feb-13-09 09:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102907, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-13-09 09:46 PM by cs82685

Originally posted by boostdtalon
so decided to got to the junk yard with some friends to help them find parts for there honda's. well i split off and browse around alittle. i about shit myself when i found a 97-99 RS sitting in front of me. well in my efforts to return my GS back to running order. i ran over to see that the car was an auto. decided that maybe i could salvage the headlights and if i'm lucky the taillights are still intact. sure enough it's all there and in decent shape. oh yeah i payed $100 for everything!

good deal, I just sold a set of 2gb headlights (all be it with less haze) for $100+shipping. You basically got the tails for free (although they go cheap on ebay anyways)

Makes me wanna go to the junkyard tomorrow and see if there's anything new

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

boostdtalonFeb-13-09 10:01 PM
47 posts,
#102908, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-13-09 10:19 PM by cs82685

Originally posted by cs82685
good deal, I just sold a set of 2gb headlights (all be it with less haze) for $100+shipping. You basically got the tails for free (although they go cheap on ebay anyways) Makes me wanna go to the junkyard tomorrow and see if there's anything new

yeah well i wasn't planning on buying anything yet and i couldn't skip this chance for parts. oh here's what the headlights look like now.

there is a residue on one headlight that hasn't come off. but i can't complain about how they look now.

Moderatorcs82685Feb-13-09 10:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#102909, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 2

They cleaned up nicely, good job

BTW you may be able to get rid of that one spot you're having issues with by doing a little light wet sanding

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

NemoFeb-13-09 10:22 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2008
366 posts,
#102910, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 0

far out! There ain't a one of those things in a junkyard in all of SoCal.

boostdtalonFeb-13-09 10:36 PM
47 posts,
#102911, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Nemo
far out! There ain't a one of those things in a junkyard in all of SoCal.

actually i'm in san diego. i know where a couple are. going to hit them up tomorrow.

95eclipse420AFeb-13-09 10:59 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2005
139 posts,
#102912, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 5

Not to thread jack, but i went out to the local pull a part today, and got a set of 2gb headlights that should clean up really nice, and a rear disk conversion w/ new wheel hubs for..... 50$ . We should sticky this and make it a "what you found at the Junkyard" thread or something.

Banned

ModeratortekleinFeb-14-09 07:40 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#102914, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 6

Mine looked worse than those, and had that same type of "drip".

Id recommended wetsading with 1000 to 2500 grit, then hand buff with Meguiars ScratchX and SwirlX. Follow up with PlastX again and they should be cyrstal clear

RoninEclipse2GFeb-14-09 10:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#102915, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by teklein
Mine looked worse than those, and had that same type of "drip".

It's usually bird droppings that's etched the lexan. wetsanding is the only way to remove that.

good find on the lamps. I need to get out to the yards once it warms up around here. unfortunately 2Gb cars are super rare. A's are pretty common though.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

boostdtalonFeb-14-09 12:06 PM
47 posts,
#102918, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 8

Well with alittle wetsanding and plastx. The spot came off and the headlights look awesome. Too bad I can't put them on the car till may.

RoninEclipse2GFeb-14-09 01:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#102921, "RE: look what i got today in a junkyard! "
In response to Reply # 9

You might want to hit up halfass, it appears that he needs a set if you need some quick cash

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102906 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic