Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101926
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wire tuck and engine bay shave?" Previous topic | Next topic
precisionsc54Nov-08-08 02:53 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2008
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101926, "Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"

Anyone do a wire tuck on these cars yet? Im looking to see some pics if anyone has tried it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, twinvenges, Nov-08-08 08:04 PM, #1
RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Nov-08-08 08:40 PM, #2
      RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, eclipse982nrRST, Nov-09-08 03:14 AM, #3
           RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, azdave, Nov-09-08 05:15 AM, #4
                RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, precisionsc54, Nov-09-08 11:07 AM, #5
                shave, taclipse, Nov-18-08 09:35 PM, #6
                RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, EDM95, Dec-19-08 08:12 PM, #8
                RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, taclipse, Dec-20-08 04:14 PM, #9
                     RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, EDM95, Dec-20-08 04:34 PM, #10
                          RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, Petri, Dec-22-08 10:24 PM, #11
                               RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, Flipboi89, Dec-22-08 11:07 PM, #12
                               RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, RoninEclipse2G, Dec-23-08 05:53 PM, #13
                                    RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, taclipse, Dec-29-08 03:09 PM, #14
                RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, silver_7, May-03-09 10:43 PM, #24
                     RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, taclipse, May-08-09 10:09 PM, #25
                          RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, Flipboi89, May-10-09 07:57 PM, #26
                               RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, taclipse, May-11-09 02:36 PM, #27
wire tuck, Warmage12, Nov-18-08 09:48 PM, #7
RE: wire tuck, 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-30-08 02:47 PM, #15
      RE: wire tuck, dalesmitsu, Dec-30-08 04:07 PM, #16
      RE: wire tuck, PsychO, Dec-31-08 03:09 AM, #17
      RE: wire tuck, mreigle, Dec-31-08 05:31 PM, #18
           RE: wire tuck, taclipse, Jan-07-09 10:03 PM, #19
                RE: wire tuck, turbo420chik, Mar-20-09 08:27 PM, #20
                RE: wire tuck, eclipserstturbo, Mar-20-09 09:45 PM, #21
                RE: wire tuck, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-21-09 09:59 AM, #22
                RE: wire tuck, taclipse, Mar-21-09 12:25 PM, #23
                     RE: wire tuck, Flipboi89, May-12-09 12:01 PM, #28
                          RE: wire tuck, Tuxdreamerx, May-12-09 06:50 PM, #29
                RE: wire tuck, bzoss, May-22-09 04:06 PM, #31
                     RE: wire tuck, RoninEclipse2G, May-22-09 05:38 PM, #32
                     RE: wire tuck, taclipse, May-30-09 04:35 PM, #34
                          RE: wire tuck, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-02-09 05:43 PM, #35
RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, Babbz413, May-21-09 07:47 AM, #30
RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?, mitsu95023, May-22-09 07:44 PM, #33

twinvengesNov-08-08 08:04 PM
Member since Aug 25th 2007
74 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101928, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 0

define wire tuck....if you mean the bay is nice and clean , and most wires are wrapped in loom, then im sure there are some on here..lol

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-08-08 08:40 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#101929, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 1
Nov-08-08 08:44 PM by Star Turbo Talon

he is referring to tucking the wires in cavities of the body like you would an old 50's coupe. The use of the term makes me wonder what his age is or the people his father had around during his upbringing......... That is a term i have not heard in a lifetime.

I dont see an introduction thread in the general section but I expect to find one sometiem tomorrow!

eclipse982nrRSTNov-09-08 03:14 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#101931, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 2
Nov-09-08 03:15 AM by eclipse982nrRST

PM taclipse .... he did it.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

azdaveNov-09-08 05:15 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
#101932, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 3

At least four people have asked me if I'll be doing a "wire tuck" on the GSX I'm rebuilding so it seems to be a pretty common description for hiding as much wiring and hoses as possible to improve the engine bay cosmetics.

This is by taclipse.

precisionsc54Nov-09-08 11:07 AM
Member since Nov 08th 2008
2 posts,
#101933, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 4

Im a regular on Honda-Tech and that is the term commonly used. Im interested in pics of the wire tuck and engine bay shaved. By shaved I mean all unneeded holes welded and filled shut.

taclipseNov-18-08 09:35 PM
Member since Apr 12th 2004
200 posts,
#101968, "shave"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by precisionsc54
Im a regular on Honda-Tech and that is the term commonly used. Im interested in pics of the wire tuck and engine bay shaved. By shaved I mean all unneeded holes welded and filled shut.

I gave up on shaving the holes. I figured fresh paint and no wires was enough for me!

EDM95Dec-19-08 08:12 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2008
59 posts,
#102040, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by azdave
At least four people have asked me if I'll be doing a "wire tuck" on the GSX I'm rebuilding so it seems to be a pretty common description for hiding as much wiring and hoses as possible to improve the engine bay cosmetics. This is by taclipse.

That guy has one of the cleanest dsm's ever man.
Makes me want to keep working on my dsm until it looks like that.

taclipseDec-20-08 04:14 PM
200 posts,
#102041, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by EDM95
Originally posted by azdave At least four people have asked me if I'll be doing a "wire tuck" on the GSX I'm rebuilding so it seems to be a pretty common description for hiding as much wiring and hoses as possible to improve the engine bay cosmetics. This is by taclipse.
That guy has one of the cleanest dsm's ever man. Makes me want to keep working on my dsm until it looks like that.

im flattered! lol take a look at some of the changes:

EDM95Dec-20-08 04:34 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2008
59 posts,
#102042, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 9

That is looking real nice man keep up the good work.^
Where is your build thread?

PetriDec-22-08 10:24 PM
Member since May 25th 2006
25 posts,
#102078, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 10

Yeah man that engine bay is looking good, what are the hoses for on the valve cover? Oil, Why? if there for oil is there a pump?

Flipboi89Dec-22-08 11:07 PM
Member since Oct 06th 2007
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102079, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 11

Woah ta what happened?? You added color lol.

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

Estimated mileage on engine: 15,xxx

RoninEclipse2GDec-23-08 05:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#102091, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Petri
Yeah man that engine bay is looking good, what are the hoses for on the valve cover? Oil, Why? if there for oil is there a pump?

probably venting for a custom PCV/catchcan setup since he's removed all the stock hosing and nipples from the valve cover

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

taclipseDec-29-08 03:09 PM
200 posts,
#102547, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 13

I have a never ending build thats why i dont keep tabs on a thread. The v/c hoses are for my breather tank setup.

silver_7May-03-09 10:43 PM
Member since Oct 02nd 2008
4 posts,
#103411, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by azdave
At least four people have asked me if I'll be doing a "wire tuck" on the GSX I'm rebuilding so it seems to be a pretty common description for hiding as much wiring and hoses as possible to improve the engine bay cosmetics. This is by taclipse.

that is freaking clean

taclipseMay-08-09 10:09 PM
200 posts,
#103455, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 24

Im pretty sure im happier with my new setup...

Flipboi89May-10-09 07:57 PM
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103459, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 25
May-10-09 07:58 PM by Flipboi89

Nice manifold I likee. You need to clean up those braided lines ha. They are like right laying ontop of the manifold.

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

taclipseMay-11-09 02:36 PM
200 posts,
#103466, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 26

it just looks that way in the pics.... if you look closely the manifold isnt even fully installed.

Warmage12Nov-18-08 09:48 PM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
#101969, "wire tuck"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
he is referring to tucking the wires in cavities of the body like you would an old 50's coupe. The use of the term makes me wonder what his age is or the people his father had around during his upbringing......... That is a term i have not heard in a lifetime. I dont see an introduction thread in the general section but I expect to find one sometiem tomorrow!

Really??? not tryin to be an ass or call all of you OG's but...

I can't think of even the most riciest guys in the scene not knowing what a wire tuck is...actually that should make you feel younger.

Gotta remeber, trends cycle though generations and whenever they resurface all the young guys think its new...till the OG's show em its not...

I actually have something of an idea that it was a kinda new thing...but a wire tuck in the fifties???? wow. That's some history ed-u-mi-cation for me.

But continue...i wanna do this too while my enigine is still out.

I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...
So why do i own a DSM again?

420agreenvilleSCDec-30-08 02:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#102653, "RE: wire tuck"
In response to Reply # 7

question: why does ur cam angle sensor not have a plug going to it? is it not connected?.. or something else you've gotten away with... curious

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

dalesmitsuDec-30-08 04:07 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#102654, "RE: wire tuck"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
question: why does ur cam angle sensor not have a plug going to it? is it not connected?.. or something else you've gotten away with... curious

Taclipse, how much boost are running.

Curious about the oe Viseoton radiator for DD and later add turbo.

Cool changes you made to your engine

PsychODec-31-08 03:09 AM
Member since Jun 10th 2004
166 posts,
#102658, "RE: wire tuck"

I'm sure he was in the middle of working on it. He doesn't have spark plug wires either, or a bov.

mreigleDec-31-08 05:31 PM
Member since Jun 21st 2006
426 posts,
#102677, "RE: wire tuck"

When you go stand alone megasquirt you don't use the cam sensor any longer. You only use the crank sensor.

taclipseJan-07-09 10:03 PM
200 posts,
#102740, "RE: wire tuck"
In response to Reply # 18

pic of the motor in running state....

sorry about the pic quality.... i took these with my g1

turbo420chikMar-20-09 08:27 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2009
1 posts,
#103222, "RE: wire tuck"
In response to Reply # 19

I am so jealous! I just started my engine, wire tuck, and body kit today no power steering or ac going back in my car lol.... dsm tuners wouldn't take a chic seriously lmao.... if you don't mind me asking what color white is that i want mine to be the same shade but pearl, my theme is gonna be white and pink-- thanks, Sash

eclipserstturboMar-20-09 09:45 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
#103223, "RE: wire tuck"
In response to Reply # 20

taclipse, that is without a doubt the illest engine bay ive ever seen in any car EVER. Envious

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

RoninEclipse2GMar-21-09 09:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#103224, "RE: wire tuck"
Mar-21-09 10:00 AM by RoninEclipse2G

Originally posted by taclipse
pic of the motor in running state....
sorry about the pic quality.... i took these with my g1

Was the lense smudged? that's the worst quality pics I've seen from a G1 phone

the car however is gorgeous. I'd love to do a panda 2gb talon someday. I think I'd have to do the bodywork to make 2gb eclipse lights work though.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

taclipseMar-21-09 12:25 PM
200 posts,
#103225, "RE: wire tuck"
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by taclipse pic of the motor in running state.... sorry about the pic quality.... i took these with my g1
Was the lense smudged? that's the worst quality pics I've seen from a G1 phone the car however is gorgeous. I'd love to do a panda 2gb talon someday. I think I'd have to do the bodywork to make 2gb eclipse lights work though.

my hands were probably shaking. I really wish there was a better camera on this phone.... its reaction is very delayed.

Flipboi89May-12-09 12:01 PM
392 posts,
#103469, "RE: wire tuck"
In response to Reply # 23

Oh I see. You need an update with pics soon lol.

TuxdreamerxMay-12-09 06:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#103472, "RE: wire tuck"
In response to Reply # 28

That looks awesome man.

bzossMay-22-09 04:06 PM
Member since Jun 14th 2003
298 posts,
#103508, "RE: wire tuck"

No doubt a nice job. I am envious. Just one question... I see that you have an aluminum radiator, is that how you get away with not having a radiator fan? Not having power steering must blow a little too.. Do you drive this car often? Or just for the track..?

Built block.
Refinished head.
Tuned suspension.
TURBO.

RoninEclipse2GMay-22-09 05:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#103511, "RE: wire tuck"
In response to Reply # 31

Originally posted by bzoss
No doubt a nice job. I am envious. Just one question... I see that you have an aluminum radiator, is that how you get away with not having a radiator fan? Not having power steering must blow a little too.. Do you drive this car often? Or just for the track..?

His fans are on the other side in a pusher setup so that there's plenty of clearance for the turbo.

Erik P.

taclipseMay-30-09 04:35 PM
200 posts,
#103547, "RE: wire tuck"
In response to Reply # 31

I drive the car everyday when its running. I just spun a bearing due to the machine shops shitty job. Once I get my rod from crower I will transfer my tag from my 1g to this car and the 1g will be under the knife. The no power steering thing is counter acted by doing push ups everyday lol

RoninEclipse2GJun-02-09 05:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#103566, "RE: wire tuck"
In response to Reply # 34
Jun-02-09 05:44 PM by RoninEclipse2G

Originally posted by taclipse
The no power steering thing is counter acted by doing push ups everyday lol

I found rows and lat pulls helped a ton. Having the rack looped helps a bit too.

I may tear apart one of my extras to see how hard it would be to make it fully manual.

Erik P.

Babbz413May-21-09 07:47 AM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#103505, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 0

all this tucking and shaving stuff...ha...sounds expensive.

mitsu95023May-22-09 07:44 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2009
36 posts,
#103513, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 30

looks freakin awesome, and time consuming, nice work

'95 rs turbo project
'97 gs parts car
'01 Audi s4 DD
'80 porsche 911 993 widebody, 3.6ltr

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101926 Previous topic | Next topic