Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #6046
View in linear mode

Subject: ""T" tops" Previous topic | Next topic
taloned_dogJun-28-01 02:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
162 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6046, ""T" tops"

so has anyone seen or have put T tops on our cars, i haven't seen any. i'm thinking it would look sweet any idea how much something like that would cost

most people look at art...we drive it!!!
97 Talon ESI N/T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: "T" tops, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jun-28-01 02:43 PM, #1
RE: "T" tops, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jun-28-01 03:05 PM, #2
      RE: "T" tops, cyan, Jun-28-01 03:14 PM, #3
           RE: "T" tops, cyan, Jun-28-01 06:53 PM, #4
                RE: "T" tops, cyan, Jun-28-01 06:56 PM, #5
                     RE: "T" tops, SOLAR, Jun-29-01 01:11 AM, #6
                          RE: "T" tops, SOLAR, Jun-29-01 01:13 AM, #7
                               RE: "T" tops, taloned_dog, Jun-29-01 07:30 AM, #8
                                    RE: "T" tops, SOLAR, Jun-29-01 07:39 AM, #9
                                         RE: "T" tops, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jun-30-01 04:56 PM, #10
                                              sliding ragtop!?!?!?, klipzracer, Jul-01-01 01:55 AM, #11
                                                   RE: sliding ragtop!?!?!?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jul-01-01 07:54 AM, #12
                                                        hehehe., klipzracer, Jul-01-01 08:19 AM, #13

9D9 MITSU RSJun-28-01 02:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6047, "RE: "T" tops"
In response to Reply # 0

I have been wanting a taga top, like the supra in TFATF. You have to get supports added to the car. If not, the body will flex. I figure atleast $1,000 for that shit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorEvuLFleAJun-28-01 03:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#6048, "RE: "T" tops"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah maybe Raizin can post that guys pic again. Its a white one with the rear windows pretty much bondoed over. Its tight as hell.

ICQ #2199879
AOL - EvuLFleA
stillk@geocites.com

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

cyanJun-28-01 03:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#6049, "RE: "T" tops"
In response to Reply # 2

i got that pic too as well as a red one with ferrari tails and ttops, if rick doesnt post it tonight ill do it when i get home or tomorrow morning

WIDE AWAKE
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

cyanJun-28-01 06:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#6050, "RE: "T" tops"
In response to Reply # 3

heres the pics as promised. i didnt think the white one was t-tops but i wasnt gonna say so until i saw for sure, its just got a sunroof.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1741649&a=13402684&p=51097396&Sequence=0

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

cyanJun-28-01 06:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#6051, "RE: "T" tops"
In response to Reply # 4

SOLARJun-29-01 01:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
58 posts,
#6052, "RE: "T" tops"
In response to Reply # 5

That's usually for show only cars. It takes so much integrity away from the unibody, that the car would flex and creak really bad. Even with it supported it wouldn't be a good daily driver. I was thinking about it a whil ago, and the only way to make it work as a good daily driver would be pretty expensive. You would have to take a spyder, because of the full frame, and have the top of a coupe with the targa or t tops cut in welded and molded into the spyder.

SOLARJun-29-01 01:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
58 posts,
#6053, "RE: "T" tops"
In response to Reply # 6

The whit car with the t tops and the shaved rear window looks like a del sol and would have one hell of a blind spot.

taloned_dogJun-29-01 07:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
162 posts,
#6054, "RE: "T" tops"
In response to Reply # 7

i love the red one with the whole center removed. i didn't even think about the body integrity i'd love to do it maybe just have the two side roof sections removeable like the old trans-am's you'd still have a center support going down the middle. you think that would work for daily driven ??

most people look at art...we drive it!!!
97 Talon ESI N/T

SOLARJun-29-01 07:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
58 posts,
#6055, "RE: "T" tops"
In response to Reply # 8

It wouldn't be as bad as the full targa, but it would still need extra support, I'm not sure if it would need a full molly roll cage to add the roof support that was taken away. most cars that you see with targas and t tops have full frames, like the trans am, and the camaro, I don't know if the Supra and the 300zx are unibody or frame. Most of the time real drastic mods like the tops or something like molding new taillights are for strictly show cars. I don't like show only cars, knowing that it's not really drivable just takes something away from it.

9D9 MITSU RSJun-30-01 04:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#6056, "RE: "T" tops"
In response to Reply # 9

I am thinking this way. SUNROOF here I come. Oh well. Another thing I've never seen on an eclipse. Wonder how it would look. One of those sliding ragtops???

klipzracerJul-01-01 01:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#6057, "sliding ragtop!?!?!?"
In response to Reply # 10

umm......how about...no!

Chris Dishmon

"Fillet Mignon?!?!?! How about a big slab of tube steak for the pretty lady."

chrisdishmon@hotmail.com
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html

9D9 MITSU RSJul-01-01 07:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#6058, "RE: sliding ragtop!?!?!?"
In response to Reply # 11

I don't think asliding ragtop will look good, but I was just wondering what it would look like. You know someone probably has it on an eclipse.

klipzracerJul-01-01 08:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#6059, "hehehe."
In response to Reply # 12

or a honda for that matter!

Chris Dishmon

"Fillet Mignon?!?!?! How about a big slab of tube steak for the pretty lady."

chrisdishmon@hotmail.com
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #6046 Previous topic | Next topic