Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #46144
View in linear mode

Subject: "Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long)" Previous topic | Next topic
imptrcr96Apr-28-03 12:15 PM
Member since Dec 25th 2002
58 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46144, "Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long)"

OK, here's the deal, i bought the combat rear bumper cover for my talon, i've been told that when they put in on that i won't fit with the metal bumper underneath it, has anybody had this problem if so what did you do?? could i just have them cut it down and put it back together so the bumper cover will fit, because there talking about just leaving it off and i know that wouldn't be safe at all. any suggestions or need more explanation please let me know.

Navy Recruiter
Lexington Park, MD

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long), chrysler kid, Apr-28-03 12:20 PM, #1
RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long), distort, Apr-28-03 12:22 PM, #2
      RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long), imptrcr96, Apr-28-03 12:34 PM, #3
           RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long), Wtngclan, Apr-28-03 12:36 PM, #4
                RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long), distort, Apr-28-03 12:52 PM, #5
                     RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long), chrysler kid, Apr-28-03 02:53 PM, #6
                          RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long), distort, Apr-28-03 03:28 PM, #7
                               RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long), icedout, Apr-28-03 08:47 PM, #8
                                    RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long), Blmet, Apr-28-03 08:55 PM, #9
                                         RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long), icedout, Apr-28-03 09:39 PM, #10
                                              RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long), distort, Apr-28-03 11:01 PM, #11

chrysler kidApr-28-03 12:20 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46146, "RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 0

what metal bumper?? mine was plastic, wouldnt make much different in a crash

11.65 @ 115

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

distortApr-28-03 12:22 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2003
675 posts,
#46147, "RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 1

the support? thats one of the reasons i didnt get a bodykit because most wont fit with it.. sometimes i *think* they can be shaved down some but i dont know much about that

96 Eclipse GS

imptrcr96Apr-28-03 12:34 PM
Member since Dec 25th 2002
58 posts,
#46149, "RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 2

whats the difference between a talon and eclipse underneath the bumper cover, i can't seem to find any??

Navy Recruiter
Lexington Park, MD

WtngclanApr-28-03 12:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
938 posts,
#46150, "RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 3

i just took mine off .. if ur gunna die your gunna die .. i don't think a piece of plastic will save you ..

Another BANNED asshole.

distortApr-28-03 12:52 PM
675 posts,
#46154, "RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 4
Apr-28-03 12:52 PM by distort

it might help reduce damage done to the car tho thats why im not getting a body kit that way something small like to the front has a less chance of bending the frame

96 Eclipse GS

chrysler kidApr-28-03 02:53 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#46165, "RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 5
Apr-28-03 02:54 PM by chrysler kid

>it might help reduce damage done to the car tho thats why im
>not getting a body kit that way something small like to the
>front has a less chance of bending the frame

if its bad enough to bend metal, a piece of plastic isnt gonna stop it

even tho i have a front support i removed the rear. i m not really afraid of bein rear ended upto the drivers seat

11.65 @ 115

distortApr-28-03 03:28 PM
675 posts,
#46169, "RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 6

im afraid of being rear ended for my car's safety, i dont care about my own, i just dont want my baby hurt

96 Eclipse GS

icedoutApr-28-03 08:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#46196, "RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 7

for the idiots that removed your bumper support your stupid... the reason that that's there is to stop your gas tank from exploding on impact.... Ask any experienced body man and they will tell you the same.... there is a reason that it is there for... so keep it...
as for the combat rear i just re adjusted my bumper support higher so that it fits and that i will still be around after a rear end collision..........
You have to remount the whole thing so that it fits under the bumper cover....

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

BlmetApr-28-03 08:55 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2002
328 posts,
#46198, "RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 8

that bumper is alot stronger than you guys give it credit for. About 2 months ago some lady in a new maxima rear ended my HARD, I though I was going to get out and see devestation, but other than her licsence plate number imprinted on my bumper all under bumper parts are fine. If that was not there my car would be all screwed up.

Also, the gas tank is located under our back seats, quite a ways up from the back (tire wheel is at the back). You would prolly be dead from a rear end accident strong enough to get to your tank.

icedoutApr-28-03 09:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#46200, "RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 9

>that bumper is alot stronger than you guys give it credit
>for. About 2 months ago some lady in a new maxima rear ended
>my HARD, I though I was going to get out and see devestation,
>but other than her licsence plate number imprinted on my
>bumper all under bumper parts are fine. If that was not there
>my car would be all screwed up.
>
>Also, the gas tank is located under our back seats, quite a
>ways up from the back (tire wheel is at the back). You would
>prolly be dead from a rear end accident strong enough to get
>to your tank.

If you knew how the rear end folds when that bumper support is removed then you would know that at an impact hard enough would cause you tank to explode.... that rear of you car has to go some where... and with the rear bumper support removed you just took out all the safety out of the car and it is like an occordein (spelling)if it gets hit......

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

distortApr-28-03 11:01 PM
675 posts,
#46203, "RE: Those with Combat Rear Bumper (kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 10

if ur gonna go out u might as well go out in a bang

96 Eclipse GS

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #46144 Previous topic | Next topic