Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #2056
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Help me pick out wheels :)" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Previous topic | Next topic
JenMar-13-01 01:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2056, "Help me pick out wheels :)"

Okay, I *think* I decided on Quantum Teks, but I don't know whether to pick the S-11 or the S-08. I like both of them, and they are the same price for 18s... So, does anybody have opinions???

S-11

S-08

Jen
dsmxtsi@gmx.net
http://communities.msn.com/jennicody

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
EvMan2345Mar-13-01 01:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2057, "RE: Help me pick out wheels :)"
In response to Reply # 0

i like the 08's

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JenMar-13-01 01:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#2058, "RE: Help me pick out wheels :)"
In response to Reply # 1

Here is a pic of the S-11s on a Spyder...

Jen
dsmxtsi@gmx.net

cyanMar-13-01 02:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#2059, "RE: Help me pick out wheels :)"
In response to Reply # 2

uhm...no comment
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

cyanMar-13-01 02:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#2060, "RE: Help me pick out wheels :)"
In response to Reply # 3

on second thought, you did ask for my opinion and i piss off alot of people by being too honest with them, so what the hell...them shits are nasty! do not buy either one of those wheels no matter how cheap they are.
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

JustinMar-13-01 03:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
73 posts,
#2061, "RE: Help me pick out wheels :)"
In response to Reply # 4

lol

klipzracerMar-13-01 08:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#2062, "RE: Help me pick out wheels :)"
In response to Reply # 5

i agree with cyan. girl your wheels look alot better than those!

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"I just got sponsored by Bad Karma Motorsports!"
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

whodatt1Mar-15-01 02:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#2063, "RE: Help me pick out wheels :)"
In response to Reply # 4

I also think that the ones you have on look better than either of those.

Whodatt1
97gs

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

JenMar-15-01 05:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#2064, "Well, well..."
In response to Reply # 7

Okay then, give me some input. I need some serious help with this I don't like chrome and for some reason I hate 5-spokes/5-stars (I guess I think they are too common?). About once or twice a month I change my mind on the style, size, finish... See, I already don't like that S-08 anymore, but I do like the S-11 on the Spyder. I wan't something different, but not too ... crazy, you know? The OZ wheels I have right now will be back on my '90 Talon soon. So, I wouldn't even consider getting new ones if I didn't have to.

Also, is there much of a difference between 17s and 18s??? I have 17x7.5 and it rides very hard with the H&R springs. Would 18s make it even worse or would it be about the same? I imagine it depends on the tires, but I'm just wondering...

Jen
dsmxtsi@gmx.net

John99RSMar-15-01 06:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#2065, "RE: Well, well..."
In response to Reply # 8

Yeah Jen, no offense but I don't really like either of those wheels. I like the ones you have better. I'm not too keen of chrome wheels either. I seem to lean toward anything that is multispoked. Mine are 10 spoke Enkei. They make a lot of nice wheels and I also like TSW. It's up to you though.

John
AOL IM: john99rs
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

whodatt1Mar-15-01 07:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#2066, "RE: Well, well..."
In response to Reply # 9

I agree, personally i like the 6-10 spoked rims...
I think they provide a balance between the ammount of space inbetween the spokes and the amount of metal there is...
(did that make any sense????)
Just bought a set of 18" Konig Tantrums!

Whodatt1
97gs

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #2056 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Previous topic | Next topic