Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #74897
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rattle can the body kit!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
420AYEJul-13-04 12:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74897, "Rattle can the body kit!!!"

Ok, i work at a hardware store where i can get any kind of paint for cheap. krylon fusion is like 2.50 here a can. and i can get some nice glossy black paints and clearcoats for fairly cheap. Its either this or go primered for a year. I wanted to buy an hvlp paint gun, but i can't really afford it.

SOOO.... How hard would it be to do a nice, rattle can job on my kit? its the bc2, and it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to sand and all that. Its better than going primered.

Please, helpful opinions ONLY. I don't want to hear about a bunch of you rich spoiled mother fuckers.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!, EclipseTenzoR, Jul-13-04 01:05 PM, #1
RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!, sonikbewm, Jul-13-04 01:06 PM, #2
      RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!, djtrickee, Jul-13-04 01:42 PM, #3
           RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!, CrazyEclipse, Jul-13-04 01:44 PM, #4
RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!, destruckeclipse, Jul-13-04 05:01 PM, #5
RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!, tireg, Jul-13-04 06:11 PM, #6
      RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!, Moderatormicyek, Jul-14-04 02:17 AM, #7
           RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!, JEMLine16, Jul-14-04 06:44 AM, #8
                RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!, 96eclipse2nr, Jul-14-04 07:47 AM, #9
                     RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!, nightwolf2369, Jul-14-04 07:52 AM, #10
                     RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!, nightwolf2369, Jul-14-04 07:52 AM, #11

EclipseTenzoRJul-13-04 01:05 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74900, "RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-13-04 01:31 PM by EclipseTenzoR

What color is your car.. And honestly I dont think I would take that as a cheap solution to putting a kit on. I do nothing but the best for my baby, and I don't think I would allow myself to put her thru that.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

sonikbewmJul-13-04 01:06 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#74901, "RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Leave the kit off until you can get it painted right.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

djtrickeeJul-13-04 01:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#74904, "RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by sonikbewm
Leave the kit off until you can get it painted right.

WORD BIRD!

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

CrazyEclipseJul-13-04 01:44 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#74905, "RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by sonikbewm Leave the kit off until you can get it painted right.
WORD BIRD!

werd again!!

Speaks for itself!

destruckeclipseJul-13-04 05:01 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#74914, "RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 420AYE
Ok, i work at a hardware store where i can get any kind of paint for cheap. krylon fusion is like 2.50 here a can. and i can get some nice glossy black paints and clearcoats for fairly cheap. Its either this or go primered for a year. I wanted to buy an hvlp paint gun, but i can't really afford it. SOOO.... How hard would it be to do a nice, rattle can job on my kit? its the bc2, and it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to sand and all that. Its better than going primered. Please, helpful opinions ONLY. I don't want to hear about a bunch of you rich spoiled mother fuckers.

I'm not rich myself here but I rather stick with my broken cheap ass front smiley then go primer or spray paint, investing in real paint job / materials pays off in the end, usually lasts longer and looks better. Just my opinion though.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

tiregJul-13-04 06:11 PM
Member since Dec 10th 2002
800 posts,
#74917, "RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

Don't touch the kit til you can afford to get it painted. Go talk to some local bodyshops. You can get a front painted real cheap... less than $100 imo if you know the right people.

ModeratormicyekJul-14-04 02:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#74924, "RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

it's a lot of work dude...trust me. I'm painting my Talon high spoiler. After the primer I put on about 4 cans of black...wet sanding with 400 every couple of coats. Then I put on 2 cans of clear and now I'm wet sanding with 2000 and hand rubbing with 3M rubbing compoud. It's turning out amazing...a lot better then what I would expect from a rattle can...but the way I had it set up I couldn't spray a couple of spots very well and the paint and clear were really thin and I sanded to the primer...now I basicaly have to start over in a couple of areas...hopfully I can blend it in good .

All this work for a paint job that might last...LOL

But at any rate...if you time is worth anything to you...wait and save up for a professinal job, IMO.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

JEMLine16Jul-14-04 06:44 AM
Member since May 22nd 2004
22 posts,
#74929, "RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

Wait and get it done at a shop, I know from experiance. Have you ever heard the term good from far, but far from good.

96eclipse2nrJul-14-04 07:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#74932, "RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

like everyone else said...put kit on later when you can get it professionally painted...it will cost you more time and money in the long run to have to strip your rattle can job then repaint the front. do it right the first time imo

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

nightwolf2369Jul-14-04 07:52 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2003
951 posts,
#74934, "RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

yep just wait

I no longer have my 99 rs because i totaled it!!!

nightwolf2369Jul-14-04 07:52 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2003
951 posts,
#74935, "RE: Rattle can the body kit!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

yep just wait

I no longer have my 99 rs because i totaled it!!!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #74897 Previous topic | Next topic