Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101414
View in linear mode

Subject: "Best color for a Block?" Previous topic | Next topic
740 turbo brickJun-28-08 08:32 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101414, "Best color for a Block?"

I have the motor out of my car right now. Im cleaning and polishing everything up to make it ready for a slew of car shows this year. I took engine degreaser and a wire brush on a drill to my block, and it cleaned up most of the rust and made a good surface to start with. I primed it a few coats, then I sprayed a paint called Iron/Block Cast. It looks better than it did, but I almost wonder if it doesnt flow. Anyone have any suggestions on colors for a block, specifically a 420A? Im thinking about going black but Im not sure. I was going to take pictures of it but I forgot, so I may post some up later and see what everyone thinks. But I saw a members pic of the block painted black and i think I like it better.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

eclipse982nrRSTJun-28-08 09:40 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101415, "RE: Best color for a Block?"
In response to Reply # 0

Black. Get grill paint in a rattle can, $9 and you will need 2 cans. Its high build and very tough.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GJun-28-08 09:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#101416, "RE: Best color for a Block?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Black. Get grill paint in a rattle can, $9 and you will need 2 cans. Its high build and very tough.

nuff said

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

cc8ballaJun-28-08 10:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#101417, "RE: Best color for a Block?"
In response to Reply # 2

Fuck yes on the grill paint. I used it on my block, and its still holding up strong.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

740 turbo brickJun-28-08 05:38 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#101419, "RE: Best color for a Block?"
In response to Reply # 3

I got it done today, but I didnt go grill paint route. Got dupli-color paint from autozone. Its a low gloss GM and Chrysler black. I think it came out awesome. I like it alot more than the cast it was painted. The tranny came out awesome too.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Flipboi89Jun-28-08 07:32 PM
Member since Oct 06th 2007
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101420, "RE: Best color for a Block?"
In response to Reply # 4
Jun-28-08 07:32 PM by Flipboi89

looks good man. soon ill be doing that too in a week. just used one can?

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

Estimated mileage on engine: 15,xxx

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101414 Previous topic | Next topic