Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101335
View in linear mode

Subject: "non convertible to convertible conversion" Previous topic | Next topic
420agreenvilleSCJun-22-08 11:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101335, "non convertible to convertible conversion"

ive search but only came up with one result. Is this possible? if so, what is needed? Is it worth the effort? What all (parts) will be needed? frame fabrication? Enlighten me. lol

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: non convertible to convertible conversion, ThePerfectShift, Jun-22-08 07:06 PM, #1
RE: non convertible to convertible conversion, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-23-08 06:12 AM, #2
      RE: non convertible to convertible conversion, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-23-08 02:35 PM, #3
           RE: non convertible to convertible conversion, ThePerfectShift, Jun-23-08 04:08 PM, #4
RE: non convertible to convertible conversion, djtrickee, Jun-23-08 04:31 PM, #5
RE: non convertible to convertible conversion, Flipboi89, Jun-23-08 04:38 PM, #6
RE: non convertible to convertible conversion, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-24-08 06:04 AM, #7
      RE: non convertible to convertible conversion, 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-24-08 11:04 AM, #8
           RE: non convertible to convertible conversion, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-24-08 11:36 AM, #9
                RE: non convertible to convertible conversion, shuwa29, Jun-25-08 07:27 AM, #10

ThePerfectShiftJun-22-08 07:06 PM
Member since May 02nd 2006
199 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101346, "RE: non convertible to convertible conversion"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-22-08 07:06 PM by ThePerfectShift

two completely different cars man. to chop the top off you'd have to restructure the bottom of the car to decrease the added flex. easiest way would be to take the front clip off of your car and put it on the rear of a vert.

Originally posted by thedawg

I ran 15-18psi on my stock a604 for about 30k miles then it broke. It makes cool whining noises now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GJun-23-08 06:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#101351, "RE: non convertible to convertible conversion"
In response to Reply # 1

Conversion made easy: sell your car and buy a convertable.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

eclipse982nrRSTJun-23-08 02:35 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#101354, "RE: non convertible to convertible conversion"
In response to Reply # 2

One word: scary.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

ThePerfectShiftJun-23-08 04:08 PM
Member since May 02nd 2006
199 posts,
#101355, "RE: non convertible to convertible conversion"
In response to Reply # 3

I would almost like to see one in a collision.

Originally posted by thedawg

I ran 15-18psi on my stock a604 for about 30k miles then it broke. It makes cool whining noises now.

djtrickeeJun-23-08 04:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#101356, "RE: non convertible to convertible conversion"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
ive search but only came up with one result. Is this possible? if so, what is needed? Is it worth the effort? What all (parts) will be needed? frame fabrication? Enlighten me. lol

Easy. Cut the roof off. Scrap car. Buy convertible.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Flipboi89Jun-23-08 04:38 PM
Member since Oct 06th 2007
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101357, "RE: non convertible to convertible conversion"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC ive search but only came up with one result. Is this possible? if so, what is needed? Is it worth the effort? What all (parts) will be needed? frame fabrication? Enlighten me. lol

hahaha

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

Estimated mileage on engine: 15,xxx

RoninEclipse2GJun-24-08 06:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#101362, "RE: non convertible to convertible conversion"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC ive search but only came up with one result. Is this possible? if so, what is needed? Is it worth the effort? What all (parts) will be needed? frame fabrication? Enlighten me. lol

Roflcopter

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

420agreenvilleSCJun-24-08 11:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#101363, "RE: non convertible to convertible conversion"
In response to Reply # 7

was a nice thought while it lasted. lol

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

RoninEclipse2GJun-24-08 11:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#101365, "RE: non convertible to convertible conversion"
In response to Reply # 8

Do a search for Targa eclipse/talon and then read what those guys had to do to make the car not fold in on itself. both of the cars I've seen were fully caged inside.

Erik P.

shuwa29Jun-25-08 07:27 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#101366, "RE: non convertible to convertible conversion"
In response to Reply # 9

yeah, like he said above. i know one was a gsx. i believe it was the white one. also, you got a huge ass intercooler!!!

later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101335 Previous topic | Next topic