Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #983
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pics of my 92 TSI" Previous topic | Next topic
EvMan2345Nov-16-05 10:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#983, "Pics of my 92 TSI"
Nov-16-05 10:50 AM by EvMan2345

Well i was bored of driving my explorer, and i needed another toy car, so i got a 92 TSI shell. I have an account at a JDM engine importer (for all the honda stuff me and my friends do) so i got the cyclone motor with tranny/transfercase/computer from them. its got the cyclone manifold but i'll soon be looking to swap that out. Heres some pics- i just painted it this weekend, my first time painting. I did it in my garage, it was tight but it came out somewhat decent. Heres some pics i have of it- dont have completed pics but hopefully those will be up next week.

Evan B
92 TSI
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Pics of my 92 TSI, BlackMagic, Nov-16-05 11:51 AM, #1
RE: Pics of my 92 TSI, EvMan2345, Nov-16-05 01:44 PM, #2
      RE: Pics of my 92 TSI, ScreaminE, Nov-16-05 03:07 PM, #3
           RE: Pics of my 92 TSI, SilverBullet20g, Nov-17-05 02:53 AM, #4
                RE: Pics of my 92 TSI, Remy, Nov-27-05 07:36 AM, #5
                     RE: Pics of my 92 TSI, import1996rs, Dec-06-05 06:48 PM, #6
                          RE: Pics of my 92 TSI, Diceman19, Dec-07-05 08:14 AM, #7
                               RE: Pics of my 92 TSI, import1996rs, Dec-08-05 02:37 PM, #8

BlackMagicNov-16-05 11:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#984, "RE: Pics of my 92 TSI"
In response to Reply # 0

looks good! i like your little paint booth

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EvMan2345Nov-16-05 01:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#985, "RE: Pics of my 92 TSI"
In response to Reply # 1

I have the whole front end too, i just painted it off the car-

Evan B
92 TSI
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

ScreaminENov-16-05 03:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#986, "RE: Pics of my 92 TSI"
In response to Reply # 2

awesome man, you should do what grain did and just rattlecan the engine bay black.

good job on the paint!

SilverBullet20gNov-17-05 02:53 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#987, "RE: Pics of my 92 TSI"
In response to Reply # 3

Nice work!

(parting out 95 GS)

RemyNov-27-05 07:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#988, "RE: Pics of my 92 TSI"
In response to Reply # 4

Congrats Evan. Welcome back to the dsm family.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

import1996rsDec-06-05 06:48 PM
Member since Jun 06th 2004
277 posts,
#989, "RE: Pics of my 92 TSI"
In response to Reply # 5

i was thinking of painting my car and doing it in the garage as well, did it smell the house up any? nice job by the way.

Diceman19Dec-07-05 08:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#990, "RE: Pics of my 92 TSI"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by import1996rs
i was thinking of painting my car and doing it in the garage as well, did it smell the house up any? nice job by the way.

i dont know from first hand experience, but you are gonna want to hang plastic shielding all around the garage and it wont be airtight, but i would say put some fans outside of that shielding and leave the garage door open slightly so air can circulate and you might be ok. it will probly get in the house a little, paint is like water, it goes wherever it wants, but it should limit that, not to mention break a whole bunch of EPA laws on "aerosol type" sprays.

import1996rsDec-08-05 02:37 PM
Member since Jun 06th 2004
277 posts,
#991, "RE: Pics of my 92 TSI"
In response to Reply # 7

thats what i was thinking, but what the hell might as well do it any way. just have to wait for the warmer weather and plus ill be pulling the engine so ill paint the engine bay while its out. thanks for the reply though.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #983 Previous topic | Next topic