Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9149
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO" Previous topic | Next topic
PowerEclipsesJan-14-05 11:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9149, "Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO"

I put down 320AWHP at turbo trix at 22 psi. Whats my problem here? My mods are:
new 1st gen head w/ 1mm oversized valves
fidenza cam gears
hks 272s
spx FPR
1st gen intake manifold
1st gen TB
750cc injectors
dsmlink
50 trim t3t4 PTE turbo
griffen FMIC
2.5 IC piping
3" turbo back exhaust
fidenza flywheel
walboro255 hp pump
I was thinking ATLEAST 350, whats my problem here... When turbo trix has it on their dyno, they still had the SAFC plugged in, but all the settings were at zero, anychance that might mess things up at all? I have seen 27psi on stock blocks, since I just put a new HG on, you guys think its safe? something isnt right thats causing me to lose power, but where! ugh.. so fed up with this damn car lol

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO, SilverBullet20g, Jan-14-05 03:25 AM, #1
RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-14-05 04:27 AM, #2
      RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO, PowerEclipses, Jan-14-05 04:37 AM, #3
           RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO, BigBald, Jan-14-05 05:52 AM, #4
                RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO, FlyinEsi, Jan-14-05 06:19 AM, #5
                     RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO, PowerEclipses, Jan-14-05 06:53 AM, #6
                          RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO, BigBald, Jan-14-05 08:32 AM, #7
                               RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO, chrysler kid, Jan-14-05 10:58 AM, #8
                                    RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-14-05 12:42 PM, #9
                                         RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO, PowerEclipses, Jan-15-05 04:03 AM, #10

SilverBullet20gJan-14-05 03:25 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9150, "RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO"
In response to Reply # 0

Do you the dyno slip with A/F on it? That would help tell you if you have tuning problems..why did they still have the safc connected?

(parting out 95 GS)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsJan-14-05 04:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#9151, "RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO"
In response to Reply # 1

Tuning.

320hp to all four wheels is nothing to laugh at though.

PowerEclipsesJan-14-05 04:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#9152, "RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO"
In response to Reply # 2

A/F ratio was 11.5:1 I'l post the dyno later today, im going to class in 20 mins and then il get it from my car. I have seen 20g turbos go over 350 with mysetup I will def. post this so you guys can help me out.

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

BigBaldJan-14-05 05:52 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#9153, "RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO"
In response to Reply # 3

How much boost? What did they do, turn the boost up to get that AFR? How do you get that AFR with a zero tune? I think you need to learn alittle more about your car...you just can't bolt stuff on and expect it to reach a certain HP.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

FlyinEsiJan-14-05 06:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#9154, "RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO"
In response to Reply # 4

Lose the SAFC all together. I was having problems with mine too when I had it set at zero across w/ the dsmlink ecu. Try taking it out altogether and try again.

Like Jeff said, tuning, tuning, tuning. Also, what octane of gas were you running???

PowerEclipsesJan-14-05 06:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#9155, "RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO"
In response to Reply # 5

running 94 octane gas, I took off the SAFC last night and Thanks for hosting the pic flyinesi
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/flyinesi/Misc/powereclipsesdyno.jp g
let me know what you guys this, this is at 22 psi, could the A/f ratio be on and the timing be off? I am a complete new at tuning my own stuff esp. with dsmlink but its fairly easy thanks to bigbald helping me out as well.

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

BigBaldJan-14-05 08:32 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#9156, "RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO"
In response to Reply # 6

Did you log the run at all with DSMLink? Was this run with the AFC completely unhooked? you can never compare your setup with anyone else....send me your DSMLink log and i will take a look at it with you. If you didn't take one on the dyno...go out and take one and send it to me.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

chrysler kidJan-14-05 10:58 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#9157, "RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO"
In response to Reply # 7

im not a fan of pte turbos, most dont last past 15,000 miles that ive seen locally

11.65 @ 115

TeamJeff_99gsJan-14-05 12:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#9158, "RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO"
In response to Reply # 8

Actually I would NOT lose the SAFC. There is plenty of fine-tuning to be done with it still installed. It never hurts to have more ways to tune a car and you can always zero it out if you want it removed.

PowerEclipsesJan-15-05 04:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#9159, "RE: Ok, im pretty mad about my car right now, not enough HP IMO"
In response to Reply # 9

Jeff, did you have any experience working with DSM link yet? Its a ton better then the SAFC, I think if you had both you would get pretty confused.

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9149 Previous topic | Next topic