Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9106
View in linear mode

Subject: "15 psi Daily Driver" Previous topic | Next topic
98eclipseGSXJan-15-05 05:58 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2004
18 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9106, "15 psi Daily Driver"

Do you guys thing I'll be safe running 15 psi on the T25 all the time, or will I end up having problems?

White '98 Eclipse GSX

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 15 psi Daily Driver, Vandy420a, Jan-15-05 07:49 PM, #1
RE: 15 psi Daily Driver, chrysler kid, Jan-15-05 08:45 PM, #2
      RE: 15 psi Daily Driver, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-16-05 03:30 AM, #3
           RE: 15 psi Daily Driver, 98eclipseGSX, Jan-17-05 05:38 AM, #4
                RE: 15 psi Daily Driver, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-17-05 06:37 AM, #5
                     RE: 15 psi Daily Driver, 98eclipseGSX, Jan-17-05 08:00 AM, #6
                          RE: 15 psi Daily Driver, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-17-05 08:16 AM, #7
                               RE: 15 psi Daily Driver, 98eclipseGSX, Jan-17-05 08:37 AM, #8
                                    RE: 15 psi Daily Driver, PowerEclipses, Jan-17-05 03:26 PM, #9
                                         RE: 15 psi Daily Driver, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-17-05 03:49 PM, #10
                                              RE: 15 psi Daily Driver, chrysler kid, Jan-18-05 07:22 AM, #11

Vandy420aJan-15-05 07:49 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9107, "RE: 15 psi Daily Driver"
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-15-05 07:50 PM by Vandy420a

what kind of mods do you have?

Overall, you're going to be fine, unless you live in like the desert or something. If you're that worried, check for shaft play every once in a while. Also, just know that the turbo will not last forever, regardless of what psi you run, but just be sure to change your oil/filter frequently. Also, make sure its on a timer. If/when it goes out, just get a bigger turbo (its not going to go out for a while)

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

chrysler kidJan-15-05 08:45 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#9108, "RE: 15 psi Daily Driver"
In response to Reply # 1

i ran 20psi on my t25 daily with no adverse problems. i didnt run that much intentionally, the fp actuator sucks balls, and i was their test vehicle

11.65 @ 115

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-16-05 03:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#9109, "RE: 15 psi Daily Driver"
In response to Reply # 2

15psi is fine. I ran mine at 15-16 for a good 30K.
After 17psi, the turbo is is not making any more power becaue it's just blowing hot air.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

98eclipseGSXJan-17-05 05:38 AM
18 posts,
#9110, "RE: 15 psi Daily Driver"
In response to Reply # 3

Alright, thanks for the help. BTW I was wondering, do recirculated BOV's make a very loud sound, or not much at all?

White '98 Eclipse GSX

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-17-05 06:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#9111, "RE: 15 psi Daily Driver"
In response to Reply # 4
Jan-17-05 06:40 AM by eclipzGST

Originally posted by 98eclipseGSX
Alright, thanks for the help. BTW I was wondering, do recirculated BOV's make a very loud sound, or not much at all?

well, obviously a BOV that dumps is going to be louder but if you have a cone filter and an aftermarket BOV, it will be a LOT louder than stock.
However, if you're thinking about venting, you will have problems with your idle/stumbling after shifts. If you have an A/T, it can be done if you have a BOV thats made to be vented such as a TiAL or of course a VPC or MAFT setup.
edit: if you search for "venting" or "venting to atmosphere" you'll find this has been discussed many times before in this forum.

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

98eclipseGSXJan-17-05 08:00 AM
18 posts,
#9112, "RE: 15 psi Daily Driver"
In response to Reply # 5

I am A/T, so does that mean it's safe to vent? Or would I still run rich? I'm lookin at gettin a TurboXS H-34, but if I can vent I will go for a diff. BOV such as a Tial, or something else that vents.

White '98 Eclipse GSX

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-17-05 08:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#9113, "RE: 15 psi Daily Driver"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by 98eclipseGSX
I am A/T, so does that mean it's safe to vent? Or would I still run rich? I'm lookin at gettin a TurboXS H-34, but if I can vent I will go for a diff. BOV such as a Tial, or something else that vents.

well, since you don't have to "lift to shift", you won't be venting every time you shift so you won't stumble as often but you will a little after you let off the throttle when boosting. Your idle may or may not suffer. Some do, some don't...
As far as BOV's go, you want something that will stay sealed when in boost. The TiAL will and I believe the turboXS's will also. Any BOV, that is designed for a recirculating system will leak a little but doesn't normally matter since the whole system is seeing pressure. If you vent it, it will most likely leak a little. I have a greddy type-s and it leaks under pressure when vented. I got a piece of radiator hose to make it reach the intake because my UICP put it at a weird angle so the stock return hose was a little too short.
If you want my personal opinion, I wouldn't vent unless you run a MAFT setup just to eliminate potential problems...

98eclipseGSXJan-17-05 08:37 AM
18 posts,
#9114, "RE: 15 psi Daily Driver"
In response to Reply # 7

Ok, thanks for the advice. I will be sure to recirculate.

White '98 Eclipse GSX

PowerEclipsesJan-17-05 03:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#9115, "RE: 15 psi Daily Driver"
In response to Reply # 8

pfft its just the T- Too small! who cares? its worth maybe 50 bucks, I gave my old turbo away.

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-17-05 03:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#9116, "RE: 15 psi Daily Driver"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by PowerEclipses
pfft its just the T- Too small! who cares? its worth maybe 50 bucks, I gave my old turbo away.

I got $150 for mine with 60K on it and no shaft play.

chrysler kidJan-18-05 07:22 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#9117, "RE: 15 psi Daily Driver"
In response to Reply # 10

get a hard intake pipe and a greddy type s and it will be PLENTY loud

11.65 @ 115

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9106 Previous topic | Next topic