Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7937
View in linear mode

Subject: "wack temp guage and idle" Previous topic | Next topic
16ina91tsiFeb-19-02 01:01 PM
Member since Jan 31st 2002
12 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7937, "wack temp guage and idle"

i start my car in the morning and let it heat up for 5 min or so then i drive it. after i drove it for a while and i let it idle for a while it the temp guage starts to go up (like within 10 min. of idleing) why is it doing this...? thanks. oh and also my idle when im drifting is aroung 1400 rpm and drops to about 1100 every few seconds. but sometimes when im completely stopped it idles normally. i want to fix this cuz im getting and exhaust and i dont want it to be even more noticable. thanks for the help.

91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
it's completly stock... for now. any suggestions on what to do just tell me

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

icedoutFeb-19-02 06:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7938, "RE: wack temp guage and idle"
In response to Reply # 0

do a tune up on it... def. sounds like you need to replace those plugs. maybe even the wires... your major thing to do is a full tune-up if you haven;t done it.... if that is all done then come back and ask again

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-20-02 01:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#7939, "RE: wack temp guage and idle"
In response to Reply # 1

um... the engine temp light? Its supposed to go up. If it doesn't you have a problem. How high does it go?

16ina91tsiFeb-24-02 05:11 AM
Member since Jan 31st 2002
12 posts,
#7940, "RE: wack temp guage and idle"
In response to Reply # 2

im getting my car inspected in the next month... will they do a tune up for me or just major problems... will they know i need new plugs and wires? if i need plugs and wires should i buy them myself and not the garage?

thanks,
bill

91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
it's completly stock... for now. any suggestions on what to do just tell me

NHH223Sep-19-05 11:25 AM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
#7941, "RE: wack temp guage and idle"
In response to Reply # 3

I work at a garage. If we got someone who said "tune-up" we'd give them the crappiest plugs a DSM can have, and the crappiest wires a DSM can have. It's good enough to keep the soccer-mommies happy in long run, but for us DSMers, HELL NO!

Get your own plugs and wires man.

Try Magnecore 8.5mm competition wires, life-time warranty
Try NGK BPKR7es spark plugs

Need help on the install? Try vfaq.com if they don't have it, get a Haynes or Chilton's for your car.

Around here we do most of the work ourselves. Minus technical limits such as I'm a mechanic and don't know crap about installing a bodykit and painting. Or if a body tech wanted a racing clutch and didn't know crap about internal mechanics. Get my point?

Haynes Chilton Manual $15-25 at local parts store
NGK plugs $2.00 a pop
Magnecore wires $75-120 depending on where you go

If you got more questions, let us know

-Nick

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-19-05 11:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#7942, "RE: wack temp guage and idle"
In response to Reply # 4

Did someone open a time capsule for posts from 2002?

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7937 Previous topic | Next topic