Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #787
View in linear mode

Subject: "I Miss FWD..." Previous topic | Next topic
NHH223Jan-28-06 01:10 PM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#787, "I Miss FWD..."

As crazy as it seems, I miss FWD. Something about, gas down power-shifting, burnouts, peel-outs and the smell of burning rubber...

My VR-4 is sweet, but god damn it, I want a FWD car to work on, fix it up, rice it out, get some good practice before I start rebuilding the VR-4 from the ground up. A good daily driver is what I'm looking for, FWD, stick, 2-dr, cheap, reliable... 1G GS-T? Any input? Thanks, Nick

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I Miss FWD..., Diceman19, Jan-28-06 02:09 PM, #1
RE: I Miss FWD..., Moderator992gnt, Jan-28-06 02:10 PM, #2
RE: I Miss FWD..., NHH223, Jan-28-06 02:17 PM, #3
      RE: I Miss FWD..., BlackMagic, Jan-28-06 03:18 PM, #4
      RE: I Miss FWD..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-28-06 03:26 PM, #5
           RE: I Miss FWD..., Remy, Jan-28-06 04:41 PM, #6
                RE: I Miss FWD..., 97eclipse97, Jan-28-06 05:30 PM, #7
                     RE: I Miss FWD..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-28-06 05:37 PM, #8
                          RE: I Miss FWD..., Diceman19, Jan-28-06 10:55 PM, #9
                               RE: I Miss FWD..., DSMxTSi, Jan-29-06 08:48 AM, #10
                                    RE: I Miss FWD..., gramozeka, Jan-29-06 09:12 AM, #11
                                         RE: I Miss FWD..., 97eclipse97, Jan-29-06 10:57 AM, #12
                                              RE: I Miss FWD..., Diceman19, Jan-29-06 10:09 PM, #13
                                                   RE: I Miss FWD..., Dualgen2, Jan-31-06 03:38 PM, #14
                                                        RE: I Miss FWD..., Remy, Jan-31-06 04:19 PM, #15
                                                        RE: I Miss FWD..., 97eclipse97, Jan-31-06 06:35 PM, #16
                                                        RE: I Miss FWD..., DSMxTSi, Feb-01-06 08:51 AM, #17
                                                             RE: I Miss FWD..., Dualgen2, Feb-01-06 10:00 AM, #18
                                                                  RE: I Miss FWD..., TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-02-06 11:37 PM, #19
      RE: I Miss FWD..., TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-02-06 11:40 PM, #21
RE: I Miss FWD..., TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-02-06 11:39 PM, #20
RE: I Miss FWD..., Diceman19, Feb-03-06 09:43 AM, #22
      RE: I Miss FWD..., DSMxTSi, Feb-03-06 10:51 AM, #23
           RE: I Miss FWD..., slowmitsu, Feb-07-06 07:50 AM, #24

Diceman19Jan-28-06 02:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#788, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-28-06 02:10 PM by Diceman19

Originally posted by NHH223
As crazy as it seems, I miss FWD. Something about, gas down power-shifting, burnouts, peel-outs and the smell of burning rubber... My VR-4 is sweet, but god damn it, I want a FWD car to work on, fix it up, rice it out, get some good practice before I start rebuilding the VR-4 from the ground up. A good daily driver is what I'm looking for, FWD, stick, 2-dr, cheap, reliable... 1G GS-T? Any input? Thanks, Nick

whatever you are on, you should share. FWD sucks.

you want a cheap reliable DD? buy a honda.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderator992gntJan-28-06 02:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#789, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 0

...Something about, gas down power-shifting, burnouts, peel-outs and the smell of burning rubber...

Sounds like you need more power, not a fwd. The things you miss are what I like most about my Evo.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

NHH223Jan-28-06 02:17 PM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
#790, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 2

Yea, burning rubber would be sweet. I took my sister's b/f for a ride in car. A little history on him... he's worth over $400million and bought a new Mustang Cobra GT500 (available in June/July at the Detroit Auto show)JUST to RACE my VR-4!!!

So, needless to say, I found a nice empty road, reved it to 5500 and dumped the clutch, I heard rubber screech for maybe half a second, I question whether I put it on the ground or not, but my car has traction like nothing else.

I want a car thats cheap, shitty, and decently reliable. I wanna practice my painting, body work, engine rebuilding, and other skills. So when it comes down to doing up my VR-4, I got another ride and I'll have more knowledge on WTF im doing... thanks guys...

Oh, is it in any way possible to do an AWD burnout with an LSD int he rear? What are the circumstances that this can happen? Thanks, Nick

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

BlackMagicJan-28-06 03:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#791, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 3

Yea, burning rubber would be sweet. I took my sister's b/f for a ride in car. A little history on him... he's worth over $400million and bought a new Mustang Cobra GT500 (available in June/July at the Detroit Auto show)JUST to RACE my VR-4!!! So, needless to say, I found a nice empty road, reved it to 5500 and dumped the clutch, I heard rubber screech for maybe half a second, I question whether I put it on the ground or not, but my car has traction like nothing else. I want a car thats cheap, shitty, and decently reliable. I wanna practice my painting, body work, engine rebuilding, and other skills. So when it comes down to doing up my VR-4, I got another ride and I'll have more knowledge on WTF im doing... thanks guys... Oh, is it in any way possible to do an AWD burnout with an LSD int he rear? What are the circumstances that this can happen? Thanks, Nick

im pretty sure you can do a burnout with pretty much anything, just need more power!

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-28-06 03:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#792, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

RemyJan-28-06 04:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#793, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 5
Jan-28-06 04:42 PM by Remy

Originally posted by eclipzGST

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

97eclipse97Jan-28-06 05:30 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#794, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 6

First off, I just want to say you are weird and I don't think anyone will ever understand your thinking. That being said, do you still have your GS-T? If not, I would do as mentioned and by an '89 accord with an intake and huge fart can and you will be doing burnouts in no time. There is no point in you getting another 'fast' car just so you can peel some rubber (hell I can spin the tires in my RS without problem). Just get a cheap car, make your VR-4 all that you want it to be and most of all, cut the crap with all your crazy ideas (I don't really mean this of course, so no offense!).

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-28-06 05:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#795, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 7

Did anyone else find it funny that he wrote like 10 lines and then put this after it:

Originally posted by 97eclipse97
(I don't really mean this of course, so no offense!).

I did.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Diceman19Jan-28-06 10:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#796, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Did anyone else find it funny that he wrote like 10 lines and then put this after it:
Originally posted by 97eclipse97 (I don't really mean this of course, so no offense!).
I did.

yea, but i also agree with this.

so your sisters boyfriend, worth "400 million dollars", dropped mid 30's to 40's on a car just to race your not together yet VR-4? i dont know about any of you, but if i was worth 400 million, i would already have an arsenal of cars that could easily mop the pavement with that VR-4.

DSMxTSiJan-29-06 08:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#797, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Diceman19
i dont know about any of you, but if i was worth 400 million, i would already have an arsenal of cars that could easily mop the pavement with that VR-4.

Exactly.

Do NOT do burn outs with AWD. I don't care if you've got stock hp or 1000 hp, you will tear shit up. When we stage with AWD we'll just quickly spin them to clean 'em off or just roll up to the xmas tree.
FWD sucks no matter what. Sounds like you need RWD with a torquey V8. Go find a late 80s or early 90s Mustang in bad shape, learn to drive, and have fun.

gramozekaJan-29-06 09:12 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#798, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 10

On that street fire or something website with videos there was a guy in a 1g AWD and he did crazy burnout for like 1/4 mile with rear weels only. How did he do it? Or does he have a fried tranfer case?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional regidity)
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

97eclipse97Jan-29-06 10:57 AM
695 posts,
#799, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 11

Can you find the video? If not, do you remember if Buschur was written anywhere on it? It might have been a RWD car, as there are a few around the country (a few of which were done by Dave Buschur). It is easy to make an AWD car a FWD, but I don't think an AWD can become RWD by accident...

Diceman19Jan-29-06 10:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#800, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 12

IIRC, his tranny was screwed and was waiting for a new one so they modified their car to be RWD until it came in. i wouldnt do it, but that is because i respect my car.

Dualgen2Jan-31-06 03:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#801, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 13

You wanna do AWD burnouts? OMG please sell the VR4 so you don't ruin such a great car. Some people would die to have your car, but you wanna do burnouts and 6K launches all day? Have fun when your t-case explodes. I hope you know what you are getting into w/ that car. I agree w/ Cody though. Get a RWD car. Something like a 5.0 foxbody mustang. Cheap and quick for the $.

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

RemyJan-31-06 04:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#802, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 14

And the award for most confused 2gnt member goes to........................................................

97eclipse97Jan-31-06 06:35 PM
695 posts,
#803, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 15

So did you decide on anything? Are you accepting our constructive criticizm, or do you hate all of our guts (hopefully not, but you never know)?

DSMxTSiFeb-01-06 08:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#804, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by Dualgen2
Something like a 5.0 foxbody mustang. Cheap and quick for the $.

I've been looking at getting back into another Stang and have been checking out the Fox bodies. They are skyrocketing in price now. I got my old '89 LX 5.0 in '95 for $3200. It was in great shape and had the GT interior. $3200 won't even touch that car anymore. Expect to find one in good shape for at least $7000. You can always find a POS for cheap, but that's not me. In comparison, you can find 94-95 GTs for $4K-$5K. Crazy, but you really don't see nice Fox's running around anymore. When you do spot one it's usually a POS 4 banger.

Dualgen2Feb-01-06 10:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#805, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by DSMxTSi
Originally posted by Dualgen2 Something like a 5.0 foxbody mustang. Cheap and quick for the $.
I've been looking at getting back into another Stang and have been checking out the Fox bodies. They are skyrocketing in price now. I got my old '89 LX 5.0 in '95 for $3200. It was in great shape and had the GT interior. $3200 won't even touch that car anymore. Expect to find one in good shape for at least $7000. You can always find a POS for cheap, but that's not me. In comparison, you can find 94-95 GTs for $4K-$5K. Crazy, but you really don't see nice Fox's running around anymore. When you do spot one it's usually a POS 4 banger.

I don't know much about domestics but I have always liked the whale tails on the old 5.0L's. I should do a TT 5.0L project. Didn't realize they were so much $ though.

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-02-06 11:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#806, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 18

I wish there were less turbo Mitsubishi owners like this in the world.

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-02-06 11:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#807, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 3

So, needless to say, I found a nice empty road, reved it to 5500 and dumped the clutch, I heard rubber screech for maybe half a second, I question whether I put it on the ground or not, but my car has traction like nothing else. I want a car thats cheap, shitty, and decently reliable. I wanna practice my painting, body work, engine rebuilding, and other skills. So when it comes down to doing up my VR-4, I got another ride and I'll have more knowledge on WTF im doing... thanks guys... Oh, is it in any way possible to do an AWD burnout with an LSD int he rear? What are the circumstances that this can happen? Thanks, Nick

YOU SUCK.

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-02-06 11:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#808, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 0

A good daily driver is what I'm looking for, FWD, stick, 2-dr, cheap, reliable... 1G GS-T?

NO!

Diceman19Feb-03-06 09:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#809, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 20

you crack me up jeff, but you are totally right.

think about it this way, he will pay for his transgressions, literally. that or he will try to sell a broken car, which only an enthusiest will buy.

DSMxTSiFeb-03-06 10:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#810, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 22

He must have realized how stupid he is and high tailed it.

slowmitsuFeb-07-06 07:50 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#811, "RE: I Miss FWD..."
In response to Reply # 23

Originally posted by DSMxTSi
He must have realized how stupid he is and high tailed it.

We thought that when he first came here and we railed on him for venting his blow off valve into the atmosphere. *sigh*

_______

BPU'd skittle

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #787 Previous topic | Next topic