Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6850
View in linear mode

Subject: "Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup" Previous topic | Next topic
Mattcky2kMar-29-07 04:54 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6850, "Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup"

Well my stock turbo is gone so i guess this is a good time to UPGRADE!
i also need a T-belt change and while i'm at it a new clutch since i'll probably be pulling the motor so here is what i'm thinking...

Evo3 16g with SB manifold w/ext.wastgate

ACT 2600 clutch and Xact flywheel(used to have it, miss it

Removing balance shaft, PS, and Air conditioning!!!

new intercooler setup, probly one from SB with short route piping

Megan racing turbo back 3" exhaust

and that's all i have in mind right now. i'm just not sure about what i wanna do with the fuel part of everything and that's where i need suggestions. i know i'm gonnna get an EGT and wideband. i think i'm just afraid of getting bigger pump and injectors and tuning with some sort of AFC. i've been doing my research on tuning the AFC but i'm still not that confident in doing it.

also what kind of boost can i be running with that turbo on the stock engine with no fuel upgrade? and with pump and injectors?

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, ModeratoreclipzGST, Mar-29-07 06:31 PM, #1
RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, 97eclipse97, Mar-30-07 12:20 PM, #2
      RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, techboy, Apr-10-07 05:43 PM, #3
           RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, Mattcky2k, Apr-11-07 03:11 PM, #4
                RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-12-07 09:57 AM, #5
                RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, 97eclipse97, Apr-14-07 06:15 AM, #6
RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, Remy, Apr-15-07 06:26 PM, #7
RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, 97eclipse97, Apr-16-07 04:09 AM, #8
RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, boosted4g64, Apr-16-07 08:07 PM, #9

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-29-07 06:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6851, "RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup"
In response to Reply # 0

Setup looks good. I would def try to squeeze at LEAST a walbro 190, 550's and an SAFC into your budget.
If not, I wouldn't boost more than 15-16 psi.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97eclipse97Mar-30-07 12:20 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#6852, "RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup"
In response to Reply # 1

I would get the turbo, DSMLink (so you can actually control fuel!), 255, at least 750's, wideband, and add on parts from there (probably exhaust, fmic, etc). I would not waste my money on EGT (espeically with DSMLink where you can monitor knock realtime, or on logs. Why get a sick setup (and an Evo 3, manifold, 3" exhaust, fmic, etc is a sick street setup. Don't skimp out on the things that matter (fuel/timing control, fuel pump, etc) to get a big fmic. That's only asking for trouble. If you are going to do it, do it right the first time!

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

techboyApr-10-07 05:43 PM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
#6853, "RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup"
In response to Reply # 2

Agreed .... concentrate your efforts on your fuel tuning and that will open a ton more options for you as far as what you can do with turbos and boost.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

Mattcky2kApr-11-07 03:11 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
#6854, "RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup"
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-11-07 03:13 PM by Mattcky2k

Alright thanks for the feedback guys. I think with the budget i have in mind i'm gonna go with, along with other things mentioned above, 660cc injectors, probly the 255 fuel pump, and an AFC. I really don't have the resources to go dsmlink right now but i have looked into it and probly will later on when i wanna make the car pretty crazy.

any advise on tuning the AFC?

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

ModeratorbullettdsmApr-12-07 09:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6855, "RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup"
In response to Reply # 4

Don't forget the AFPR. I would suggest the aeromotive. Plus (I didn't notice if you mentioned this, you'll need a logger).

Safc tuning; check your PM's

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

97eclipse97Apr-14-07 06:15 AM
695 posts,
#6856, "RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Mattcky2k
any advise on tuning the AFC?

Don't buy it and get DSMLink instead Also, I have a 2600 clutch and a 7 bolt Xact flywheel for sale and could give you good deal

RemyApr-15-07 06:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#6857, "RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Mattcky2k
Well my stock turbo is gone so i guess this is a good time to UPGRADE! i also need a T-belt change and while i'm at it a new clutch since i'll probably be pulling the motor so here is what i'm thinking... Evo3 16g with SB manifold w/ext.wastgate ACT 2600 clutch and Xact flywheel(used to have it, miss it Removing balance shaft, PS, and Air conditioning!!! new intercooler setup, probly one from SB with short route piping Megan racing turbo back 3" exhaust and that's all i have in mind right now. i'm just not sure about what i wanna do with the fuel part of everything and that's where i need suggestions. i know i'm gonnna get an EGT and wideband. i think i'm just afraid of getting bigger pump and injectors and tuning with some sort of AFC. i've been doing my research on tuning the AFC but i'm still not that confident in doing it. also what kind of boost can i be running with that turbo on the stock engine with no fuel upgrade? and with pump and injectors?

Skip the 16g and buy a scm50 or scm61. Both get full boost around 3800rpm. Skip the sbr manifold and just port out your stock manifold. Skip the egt and get a nice oil pressure gauge to go with the wideband. Get a fidanza flywheel its cheaper. Skip that sbr fmic and buy the ssautochrome fmic. Way cheaper. Same performance. Skip the afc and buy dsmlink . You can buy some decent sized injectors used for very cheap. The bigger the better. You should get atleast a walboro 255 and a fuel pressure reg. Megan racing turbo back is nice and cheap. Act 2600 is nice.Add a nice bov and there you have a nice , fast street car.

Good luck.

97eclipse97Apr-16-07 04:09 AM
695 posts,
#6858, "RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Remy
Originally posted by Mattcky2k Well my stock turbo is gone so i guess this is a good time to UPGRADE! i also need a T-belt change and while i'm at it a new clutch since i'll probably be pulling the motor so here is what i'm thinking... Evo3 16g with SB manifold w/ext.wastgate ACT 2600 clutch and Xact flywheel(used to have it, miss it Removing balance shaft, PS, and Air conditioning!!! new intercooler setup, probly one from SB with short route piping Megan racing turbo back 3" exhaust and that's all i have in mind right now. i'm just not sure about what i wanna do with the fuel part of everything and that's where i need suggestions. i know i'm gonnna get an EGT and wideband. i think i'm just afraid of getting bigger pump and injectors and tuning with some sort of AFC. i've been doing my research on tuning the AFC but i'm still not that confident in doing it. also what kind of boost can i be running with that turbo on the stock engine with no fuel upgrade? and with pump and injectors?
Skip the 16g and buy a scm50 or scm61. Both get full boost around 3800rpm. Skip the sbr manifold and just port out your stock manifold. Skip the egt and get a nice oil pressure gauge to go with the wideband. Get a fidanza flywheel its cheaper. Skip that sbr fmic and buy the ssautochrome fmic. Way cheaper. Same performance. Skip the afc and buy dsmlink . You can buy some decent sized injectors used for very cheap. The bigger the better. You should get atleast a walboro 255 and a fuel pressure reg. Megan racing turbo back is nice and cheap. Act 2600 is nice.Add a nice bov and there you have a nice , fast street car. Good luck.

What he said /\

(although you should be my clutch/flywheel setup!) Although I would say that this is a car you want to drive all the time, you can not beat an Evo III on a street car. Boost comes on fast and strong, and it can get you into the 11's on a proper setup. I think 3800 is too late for boost onset on a street car BANME!. But they would definitely kick ass on a drag car that is rarely driven on the street.

boosted4g64Apr-16-07 08:07 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2007
27 posts,
#6859, "RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup"
In response to Reply # 7

i agree... for the most part

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6850 Previous topic | Next topic