Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #680
View in linear mode

Subject: "when a 4G63 engine comes up....." Previous topic | Next topic
flossinpnoyracerAug-29-01 12:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#680, "when a 4G63 engine comes up....."

Why do you guys hate and say CRANKWALK CRANKWALK

wassup wid dat

aint nothing wrong wid going to bigger things

Check out my site!!!
http://www.flossinpnoyracer.homestead.com

1999 GST

1997 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....., HadesOmega, Aug-29-01 01:11 PM, #1
RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....., FuSi0N, Aug-29-01 01:44 PM, #2
RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....., TeamDeezGst, Aug-29-01 03:30 PM, #3
      RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....., 99GSBBTurbo, Aug-29-01 08:17 PM, #4
           RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....., jZa, Aug-30-01 03:27 AM, #5
                RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....., 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-30-01 05:37 AM, #6
                     RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....., GhostRyder (Guest), Aug-30-01 06:54 AM, #7
                          RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....., TeamDeezGst, Aug-30-01 07:08 AM, #8
                               i got a lil' ole stock 420a, marctronixx (Guest), Aug-30-01 07:17 AM, #9
                                    RE: i got a lil' ole stock 420a, magnus, Aug-30-01 07:29 AM, #10
                                         RE: i got a lil' ole stock 420a, Eclipse550HP, Aug-30-01 09:11 AM, #11
                                              RE: i got a lil' ole stock 420a, klipzracer, Aug-30-01 11:04 AM, #12
                                                   RE: 420a, Team96NOS_Eclipse, Sep-04-01 05:40 PM, #13

HadesOmegaAug-29-01 01:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#681, "RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....."
In response to Reply # 0

Huh what's that suppose to mean? RU saying the 4G63 is better? I for one don't care but if they made a turbo 420A from the factory I'm sure it'll whoop the 4G63.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Autometer Bezel Gauge Holder & Modified A/F Ratio Gauge | B&M Super Oil Cooler | Performance Muffler | HKS Air Filter | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | 97' Spyder Eclipse 5 Spoke Wheels | HKS TYPE 1 Turbo Timer | Star Stage 1 T3/T04E BB Turbo Kit | Schroth Autocontrol 3-Point Harness | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FuSi0NAug-29-01 01:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
#682, "RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....."
In response to Reply # 0

Well crankwalk (as mysterious as it is) is a fatal failure to an engine, unless you're and owner of a 4g63 who has put madd $$ into it and then finds out that your car is a victim of crankwalk then you sing a different story. It's sort of like that feeling you get when you get into a car collision and you wish you could go back in time and stayed at home at that point and time of the crash. Crankwalk may not be inevitable to a 4g64 but the number of affected cars out there makes it something to think about.

97 RS lurking in Hayward CA
Mods:
Injen Intake w/Cold Air Extension
Greddy Evo Catback
Eibach Sportlines
18x7.5 ADR Sokudo on 225/40/18 Toyo Proxies

email: sir_fusi0n@hotmail.com

join #2GNT on Dalnet IRC

"Liberate Tutemea Ex Infernis"
More pics at www.cyn0sure.homestead.com

TeamDeezGstAug-29-01 03:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#683, "RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....."
In response to Reply # 2

huh? I don't get it?

Derek
DeezGst on aol's IM

http://www.fastasknutz.com
http://www.geocities.com/deezgst
1997 GS-T
210hp & 236lbs at 15psi
14.3@99
Soon you can just call me frank

New Toy

Old toy: 1997 GS-T
8.4@87 1/8th pump/street tires

99GSBBTurboAug-29-01 08:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#684, "RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....."
In response to Reply # 3

NOTHING is PERFECT.

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

jZaAug-30-01 03:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#685, "RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....."
In response to Reply # 4

here we go again

javi d
vroom n' boom
not a bad way to spend 7 grand:

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

9D9 MITSU RSAug-30-01 05:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#686, "RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....."
In response to Reply # 5

OK here's how it's gotta be. 4G63, 420A... either way it's an eclipse. Who caes. This site is about uniting DSMs. Not arguing that a turbo motor or 420A is better. It just an't be determined. It's an endless argument. Just say I have an eclipse, mine's not turbo...yet. Or I got turbo stock. Nobody really cares. I'm tired of theendless flamin and arguing. Nobody really knows which motr is better. It's a given that the 4G63 is better vs. 420A stock tho. Oh well the point is, we all have eclipses or talons here an we just gotta mke the most of having something in common with so many people. It's a great thing to have, enjoy it and make the most of it.

GhostRyder (Guest)Aug-30-01 06:54 AM

#687, "RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....."
In response to Reply # 6

Do I have this mysterious 4G63 motor? I'm TSi AWD, I still have no idea what a crank walk is even after I read that site.... I'm guessing is it cheap fixes to major problems?
~Tha Gho$t

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

TeamDeezGstAug-30-01 07:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#688, "RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up....."
In response to Reply # 7

Crankawlk is exactly what the name says. It's when the bearings that hold the crank wear down and the crank ends up going through the block...it takes a walk sideways....Chances are you probablly have a slight case or none at all...only a percentage get it to the point of a rebuild.

Derek
DeezGst on aol's IM

http://www.fastasknutz.com
http://www.geocities.com/deezgst
1997 GS-T
210hp & 236lbs at 15psi
14.3@99
Soon you can just call me frank

New Toy

Old toy: 1997 GS-T
8.4@87 1/8th pump/street tires

marctronixx (Guest)Aug-30-01 07:17 AM

#689, "i got a lil' ole stock 420a"
In response to Reply # 8

i agree.. united we stand, divided we fall! i dont ever plan on getting a turbo.. my car is just for driving... no racing. but i am a part of the DSM community and am proud that i know some oflks on here who got some baad ass rides and who have modded thier cars (turbo, AFX pulley, cat back, etc.) i am proud i know you guys and hope i get a chance to meet more of you(have met weepul and kilpzracer so far)! i dont claim my car to be fatser than anyone else's..but it does run! gimme some luvvv yallll!! :o

'99 Eclipse RS (Special Edition)
Iceman Cold Air Intake (Blue)
Powerslot X-drilled rotors w/Axxis Metal Master brake pads
Myrtle Shoot 18's w/ 215-35-18 Nitto NT450 Extreme Tires

Indiglo guages and lighted valve stems
Custom audio/video system
NGK BK 5's
Magnecore wires on the way!

1/4 mile in 37.220 sec's

magnusAug-30-01 07:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
229 posts,
#690, "RE: i got a lil' ole stock 420a"
In response to Reply # 9

i gots dem both and i change the oil in the 4G the same as in the 420......neither engine will make you a better driver, thats where it really counts

Eclipse550HPAug-30-01 09:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
625 posts,
#691, "RE: i got a lil' ole stock 420a"
In response to Reply # 10

LAST EDITED ON 30-Aug-01 AT 02:13 PM (PST)

OK now Im thinking about geting a 99 GSX, Now I also have a TSi with the 4g63 and its fine, my bud had a Tsi Awd and was also fine. I ask people that have 4g63's all the time if there engine is fine and they all are. So what I think it all comes down to is the people that own the cars with that engine IE they beat the shit out of it all the time. My Tsi has a lot of mods from the day I got it and when I drive it I keep it EZ but I have beed known to lightem up a bit and its still fine. If they give me a good deal on the GSX I will have 2 4g63's that have no crak walk. I think its all bull that non 4g people made out to be a big thing with all 4gs no matter what

Before

After

klipzracerAug-30-01 11:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#692, "RE: i got a lil' ole stock 420a"
In response to Reply # 11

that's one reason i got a first gen.

Chris Dishmon
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com or
chrisdishmon@yahoo.com

http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html

Team96NOS_EclipseSep-04-01 05:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
294 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#693, "RE: 420a"
In response to Reply # 12

I know most people are fine from the dreaded crankwalk. 95% of the cases of crankwalk result in cars with an upgraded clutch (usually an ACT 2600) 0.01% of crankwalk in an automatic and rest on cars with a stock clutch.
That fact is, crankwalk CAN happen in any car, but the point here is 2g 4g63's do, and 2g 420a's haven't, even after 6 years not one case.
The 4g6 people on this board have to realize that the 420a people have delt with nothing but B.S. since the 420a came out.
If you had people telling you for the last 6 years that your engine is shit wouldn't you be picking? I mean what do you expect.

1997 Eclipse RS
1991 Eclipse GSX
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1989 Dodge Daytona 2.5 turbo
(tinker car)
1996 Eclipse base model RIP

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #680 Previous topic | Next topic