Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6503
View in linear mode

Subject: "4psi GST? :(" Previous topic | Next topic
goalie40Apr-05-08 10:03 AM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6503, "4psi GST? :("

Ok after my car survived the dumbest thing I have ever done. see other post.

Im only getting 4psi from my T28 with some lagg I wanted to bounce some ideas why off you guys.

Im using a T28 from a nissan 240 dual bb baby. mated to a hand ported t25 exhaust side so its a direct bolt on.

1)Wastegate Im running the nissan one(fit better) im not sure what they are set for. I dont have a Boost Controler yet in a day or two I will.

2)boost leak? new turbo, fmic all that crap something is loose.

3)its just a bigger turbo a t25 at 11psi is a t28 at 5psi?

4)I suck at hand porting and made the induser wheel hole on the turbine housing too big?

Im thinking #1 or #4 what about you guys

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 4psi GST? :(, 2GeclipseRS, Apr-05-08 06:42 PM, #1
RE: 4psi GST? :(, goalie40, Apr-06-08 02:14 AM, #2
      RE: 4psi GST? :(, 2GeclipseRS, Apr-07-08 08:06 AM, #3
           RE: 4psi GST? :(, goalie40, Apr-07-08 09:17 AM, #4
                RE: 4psi GST? :(, Fallen4ng31, Apr-07-08 10:03 AM, #5
                RE: 4psi GST? :(, goalie40, Apr-07-08 01:34 PM, #6
                RE: 4psi GST? :(, 2GeclipseRS, Apr-07-08 04:07 PM, #7
                     15psi GST oh soooooooo much better :), goalie40, Apr-14-08 10:04 AM, #8
                          RE: 15psi GST oh soooooooo much better :), 2GeclipseRS, Apr-15-08 08:44 AM, #9
                          RE: 15psi GST oh soooooooo much better :), goalie40, Apr-15-08 09:33 PM, #10
                          RE: 15psi GST oh soooooooo much better :), DanKid, Apr-17-08 12:12 PM, #11
                               RE: 15psi GST oh soooooooo much better :), goalie40, Apr-17-08 02:13 PM, #12

2GeclipseRSApr-05-08 06:42 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6504, "RE: 4psi GST? :("
In response to Reply # 0

Dont run a wastegate and see if you can make more boost.

Maybe you did hog out the hotside too much. Did you even call fp for a price quote before going at it yourself?

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

goalie40Apr-06-08 02:14 AM
431 posts,
#6505, "RE: 4psi GST? :("
In response to Reply # 1

If I have to hand port again I have another t25 exhaust side and I know what I did wrong I opened the middle section too much it was binding up top, not in the middle found out after it was too late. So if I have to do it again I should be ok.

The turbo is from a real JDM nissan sr20 stock wastegate is 7psi im running a big fmic that could explain the 2psi loss. So I hope with a boost controler ill be good.

2GeclipseRSApr-07-08 08:06 AM
781 posts,
#6506, "RE: 4psi GST? :("
In response to Reply # 2

We shall see. Take your ass to the hardware store and make an mbc. Look up "homemade boost controller" on google or vfaq.

Dirt cheap and it works better than those pos "performance boost controllers" on ebay that just uses a needle bleed valve instead of a ball and spring valve.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

goalie40Apr-07-08 09:17 AM
431 posts,
#6507, "RE: 4psi GST? :("
In response to Reply # 3

I have one on a 1g parts car I picked up. We are parting her out this weekend. Ill snag it then. I dont mind 4psi right now since she just got on the road. This being my first turbo car. I really like the onset of boost. Even if its only 4psi.

Fallen4ng31Apr-07-08 10:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#6508, "RE: 4psi GST? :("
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by goalie40
I really like the onset of boost. Even if its only 4psi.

Whhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Pssssshhhhh!
Fun isn't it?

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

goalie40Apr-07-08 01:34 PM
431 posts,
#6509, "RE: 4psi GST? :("
In response to Reply # 5

yes sir

2GeclipseRSApr-07-08 04:07 PM
781 posts,
#6510, "RE: 4psi GST? :("
In response to Reply # 4

I rode in a friends bone stock gst (well, i think it had a 3" catback and it had a k&N cone filter) and loved it. It wasn't fast but the sounds and feeling the boost kick in from a launch was great.

Still sitting in the shop. His brother came by today while i was working on my car. Aparently, the owner of the gst has gone off the deep end. He's got alot of problems. His brother and his brother's gf told me alot of shocking stuff today and then called him out on being an idiot when he changes the subject about me buying the car. I'm sure i'll be able to talk him out of it one of these days.....

Good luck with the gst man.....

goalie40Apr-14-08 10:04 AM
431 posts,
#6511, "15psi GST oh soooooooo much better :)"
In response to Reply # 7

well I spent all day working on my GST. I didnt like the lagg I was getting with the t28 It was a combo of my hand porting and the nissan wastegate. I picked up a damn near brand new t25 for 60 bucks zero shaft play.

My t28 is getting sent to Forced performance. Can we say big 16g killer.

No boost or oil leaks. I need to play with her a bit more but im driving her to work on wed.

It was funny I was driving down my street, let off the gas BOV pops 10-12 of my neighbors stop what they where doing and just stare at me And they did it every time I drove by.

2GeclipseRSApr-15-08 08:44 AM
781 posts,
#6512, "RE: 15psi GST oh soooooooo much better :)"
In response to Reply # 8
Apr-15-08 08:45 AM by 2GeclipseRS

Haha.

Why didn't you just rebuild that blown one i was going to snag off of you?

FP does magical things to turbos. Post video when you bolt that bastard back up!

goalie40Apr-15-08 09:33 PM
431 posts,
#6513, "RE: 15psi GST oh soooooooo much better :)"
In response to Reply # 9

You can't beat 60 bucks with zero shaft play. Today was fun, got her all legit in Hawaii (safety check) blew off a ic pipe, found a boost leak at the tb. Then after all that she starts missing on the freeway. New plugs fixed that issue. My chick is getting me wires this weekend. Or I might go Coil on plug. I like the idea of that

Do you still want a t25

DanKidApr-17-08 12:12 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
#6514, "RE: 15psi GST oh soooooooo much better :)"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by goalie40
It was funny I was driving down my street, let off the gas BOV pops 10-12 of my neighbors stop what they where doing and just stare at me And they did it every time I drove by.

Nice. What kind of bov are you using?

goalie40Apr-17-08 02:13 PM
431 posts,
#6515, "RE: 15psi GST oh soooooooo much better :)"
In response to Reply # 11

greddy rs I think. Its a greddy for sure I picked it up from a member here.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6503 Previous topic | Next topic