Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #646
View in linear mode

Subject: "AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Previous topic | Last topic
TalonJul-13-01 10:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#646, "AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ok is it just me or is boost good? i got to test drive "*my new car*" last night and i go sat morning to test it again. I LOVE AWD! also boost is good! first time i got to feel it under my control! my friend just got a 1993 rx-7...he hasnt modded it at all. CAN I BEAT HIM? what mods will i need? oh yeah i am 19 and my insurance is going up 34 dollars per year HAHAHAHA WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Injen short ram intake
Rear-upper strut bar

(to be installed)
gs-t muffler
aem cam gears
af\x udp
56mm tb
injen cold air intake extension
eclipse sideskirts and door caps

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, DarkEclipseRS (Guest), Jul-13-01 10:42 AM, #1
RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Talon, Jul-13-01 11:06 AM, #2
      RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, DarkEclipseRS (Guest), Jul-13-01 11:37 AM, #3
           RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, randy, Jul-13-01 02:08 PM, #4
                RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 99GSBBTurbo, Jul-13-01 04:29 PM, #5
                     RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Kory, Jul-13-01 06:39 PM, #6
                          i hate u levi!!!, klipzracer, Jul-13-01 11:37 PM, #7
                               RE: i hate u levi!!!, TeamStan2gnt, Jul-14-01 12:07 AM, #8
                                    RE: i hate u levi!!!, Talon, Jul-14-01 04:20 PM, #9
                                         RE: i hate u levi!!!, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jul-14-01 06:35 PM, #10

DarkEclipseRS (Guest)Jul-13-01 10:42 AM

#647, "RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 13-Jul-01 AT 04:17 PM (PST)

TTRX7's come with 255HP&217 torque str8 from the factory.plus their lighter than a GSX 2,789 lbs.to be exact compared to the 210hp and 214lbs.torqe at 3130 lbs.1997 GSX.so i kinda doubt it.the RX7 is a nice piece of work.oh btw how much is ur insurance regularly?
Never Cause Injury To Your Enemy!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TalonJul-13-01 11:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#648, "RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

well i knew i prob wouldnt do it stock but i was asking what do i need to kick his ass. he is talking so much shit now. it started with you have a non turbo shit block so i am getting the GSX and now he is like now you got a turbo shit block. he paid i think 14 for a 1993. anyways i wanted to get one but the insurance is higher and the parts cost more to replace. my insurance regularly for 2 cars (97' talon esi & 90' buick skylark custom) is 112 a month. now it will be about 34 more a year! not a month....CANT WAIT TO DRIVE IT AGIAN TOMORROW!

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Injen short ram intake
Rear-upper strut bar

(to be installed)
gs-t muffler
aem cam gears
af\x udp
56mm tb

DarkEclipseRS (Guest)Jul-13-01 11:37 AM

#649, "RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

oh well in that case not real sure but you can start with a bigger turbo for it if its in your budget.maybe a new FMIC,other stuff like that or maybe lighten up the ride carbon fiber hood,those z3 fenders are fiber glass so im sure their a lil' lighter than stock,ditch the spare if you have a cell phone and insurance covers your tow charge,lol,spark plugs,wires,better exhaust ie; cat back?,suspension,nos,Z rated tires maybe 16's not to sure bout that one hehhe.,cams,chips,clutch upgrade for the grip,MSD ignition,silicone vaccum hoses not sure but hey!,high flow cat,maybe fuel injectors,pistons,rings,pulleys,in tank fuel pump upgrade,better blow off valvws not sure?,short shifter,crankshafts,oil changes regularly,and least not forget a lot of fucking stickers hahaha lol,oh not for more hp but big brake upgrades.

Never Cause Injury To Your Enemy!!!!

randyJul-13-01 02:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
662 posts,
#650, "RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Start with buying a boost gauge and a MBC so you could up your boost.

96 RST: Star Performance stag
05 scion xb: bolt ons
92 nissan 240sx
07 toyota sienna

99GSBBTurboJul-13-01 04:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#651, "RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

No...get an intake and exhaust first, and a BOV...this will give you at least 30HP for a good price. Then after that...then think about upping the boost.

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

KoryJul-13-01 06:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#652, "RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

ok, first do the FREE mods (check out RRE's site for that)... then intake, exhaust, downpipe, guages, MBC... u'll be running high 13s at this point... afterwards... 16G, fuel pump, injectors, u'll smoke most the cars u'll meet.

Kory
ticklemekory@cisco.com
Happy Honda Hunting!

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

klipzracerJul-13-01 11:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#653, "i hate u levi!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

i am green with envy! tha's okay my ish will look sweet by the end of this month. when i gets it outta the body shop i gotta guy who will weld all my trunk holes for 200 bones and i got another friend who is gonna REALLY hook me up on some paint. yeah baby it's on! i might take the big a$$ 4x4 up to the shoot out just to meet some peeps. but bring that beast on down here so we can take it for a spin!

Chris Dishmon

"Fillet Mignon?!?!?! How about a big slab of tube steak for the pretty lady."

chrisdishmon@hotmail.com
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html

TeamStan2gntJul-14-01 12:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#654, "RE: i hate u levi!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

Well 2G GSX with stock turbos usually max out at high 13s at 99ish MPH. There are a few RX-7s that have ran mid 13s stock (more typical are low 14s) but in general they aren't as fast as their 0-60 time suggest. In other words they are a rocket off the line but in the 1/4 mile they are slower that a 3000GT VR4, Supra TT, 300ZX TT, NSX you get the picture). Luckily for you the one thing it does well so do you. Unfortunely all that AWD weight means your top end aint great either and he will KILL you with equal mods and that light weight. The good news is he wont have any money for mods after maintenence and vacuum problems (and he'll likely never know how fast his car is suppose to be if he doesn't have all the flimsy rubber vacuum hoses checked first). With a stock turbo this is the usual round of mods before upgrading the turbo and intercooler in this order 1.air filter 2. catback 3.upper intercooler pipe and BOV 4. downpipe and cat 5.boost gauge, boost controller and fuel pump. The upgraded intercooler piping takes care of the free mods (porting can wait for the upgrade turbo). With that you can run UP TO high 13s (like 13.8 or 13.9s). At this point GSTs are slightly faster because the wt advantage out weighs the AWD traction (no pun intended). From there all you need is a 16G to run 12s. An upgraded intercooler and clutch would be nice at this point.

Since I cant use photopoint IMAGINE THIS:
Star turbo with E-trim and HKS BOV
Starion FMIC/2.5" piping
Joe P MBC
Apexi SuperAFC
Ross Pistons/total seal rings
Ported and matched intake manifold
AFX 55mm TB, FMM and UDP
2.5" downpipe back exh/Hayame muffler
Crane wires/Denso Iridium plugs
Centerforce DF clutch
KYB AGX struts/ST springs, UPR FSB, F&R camber kits
17" ADR lightnings/toyo FZ4 215/45/17
97' eclipse front end/projectors
Autometer gauges
Panasonic head unit/ Sony X-over
MB Quarts all around/JL stealth sub
Hifonics/MTX Thunder amps
XX brand alarm/Varad hyper green led

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon 420A-Turbo
Former and future nitrous user

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

TalonJul-14-01 04:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#655, "RE: i hate u levi!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

thanks stan! my friend with the rx-7 has NO mods. he says why spend more money when it is "fucking fast". and he says it is faster than mine will ever be. i want a sleeper soooo bad. that way he really doesnt know how many mods i have done to it. oh well he is gonna learn the hard way i guess...i will keep putting money in it till i kick his ass!

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Injen short ram intake
Rear-upper strut bar

(to be installed)
gs-t muffler
aem cam gears
af\x udp
56mm tb

9D9 MITSU RSJul-14-01 06:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#656, "RE: i hate u levi!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

You should be able to get him with a few hundred dollars. Boost controller. Get the fuel cut chip that makes it where the ecu doesn't cut your fuel at certain boosts. I am not sure you have that. Don't know about 4g63's. 3" exhaust. BOV and intake. Maybe even save up for a FMIC. I would start by trying to increase the boost some.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #646 Previous topic | Last topic