Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6456
View in linear mode

Subject: "attn:4g63 guru's!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
klipzracerAug-22-01 09:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6456, "attn:4g63 guru's!!!!"

as you may or may not know i'm getting a 1gen gsx tommorow and i need to know what free mods(or cheap ones) are out there that i can do to get more boost and performance outta my new car. btw i already checked into roadrace and saw the hackin the MAS mod.

Chris Dishmon
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com or
chrisdishmon@yahoo.com (pretty original, huh?)

I have no really neat sayings to post here and too much $h!t done to my car to post either! Just visit my web site.

http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
my new baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!, zhr420, Aug-22-01 09:47 AM, #1
RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Aug-22-01 09:52 AM, #2
RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Aug-22-01 09:55 AM, #3
      I don't know about the 4G63 but after today I want one!!!!, Fast420A, Aug-22-01 11:39 AM, #4
      RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!, klipzracer, Aug-22-01 12:31 PM, #5
           RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Aug-22-01 12:42 PM, #6
                RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!, Eclipse550HP, Aug-22-01 01:30 PM, #7
                     RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!, Inspekdah, Aug-22-01 03:17 PM, #8
RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!, zhr420, Aug-22-01 07:14 PM, #9
don't do the mass hacking mod unless, XT_DSM, Aug-22-01 07:45 PM, #10
      RE: don't do the mass hacking mod unless, klipzracer, Aug-22-01 11:49 PM, #11
           RE: don't do the mass hacking mod unless, jZa, Aug-23-01 11:36 AM, #12

zhr420Aug-22-01 09:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6457, "RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

ok on a 1g you cann't do alot but you can mess with the MAS by pulling out i think both honeycombs... hack up the air box or replace it with a K&N... after that it takes money.
if i were you i would seriously take a look at machv.com they have a performance guide that really helps. and they have a board as well. by the way most of those guys on the board have a 1g as well!
later
"Z"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorEvuLFleAAug-22-01 09:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#6458, "RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I just performed all the free mods to my buddies 93 TSi and it took maybe half an hour for everything.

This should be good for now:
http://www.geocities.com/awd92gsx/

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

ModeratorEvuLFleAAug-22-01 09:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#6459, "RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Oh yeah dont take out both honeycombs like the guy above said because I have heard bad idle problems and other shit when they take out both. Just take off the airbox and use stock filter for a while and than order k&n. I didnt see any permormance gains with changing the filters. 2psi and 15 hp is fun.

98 ESi
95 GS

Fast420AAug-22-01 11:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#6460, "I don't know about the 4G63 but after today I want one!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

I was crusing to work today and I came up on a 1G and we started going around some curves that we were going around at about 80 or so. When we got to a straight this guy NAILED IT. He took off and left me in the dust. A HUGE puff of black some comes out of his exhaust and he shifts to the next gear. I catch up to him and ask him if it's AWD and he says it is. He asks what I have and I laugh and tell him it's all motor. He tells me he just got his Super 20G installed yesterday and he is going to the tuning shop to tune it. That was a FAST car!!!!!!! I want a 1G AWD now. Have fun with it Klipz!!

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
Perf:
KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
5 Strut Bars (2 F/U, F/L, R/U, R/L)
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Nameless Cold Air Intake with a K&N Filter
Custom 2 1/2 inch exhaust with Dual DTM Muffler
Empty Catalytic Convertor
Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts
Clutchmasters Stage 3 Modular
225/50/16inch Wheels and Tires

Audio:
Alpine CD Head Unit
Alpine Flex4 25W X 4 for Fronts and Rears
Alpine V-12 450W X 1 for Subs
Infinity Reference Series 5 1/4 and 1 inch tweeter component systems for fronts and rears
3 MTX 5000 10" 12 ohm subs running 4 ohms mono

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

klipzracerAug-22-01 12:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#6461, "RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

yeah i read to only take out the lower, oval-shaped one. well i got a a/f gauge so i guess i gotta get a boost gauge, 2 pod pillar, K&N air fitler and cut the hell up outta the aircan.

Chris Dishmon

I have no really neat sayings to post here and too much $h!t done to my car to post either! Just visit my web site.

my new baby!

ModeratorEvuLFleAAug-22-01 12:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#6462, "RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

You dont have to cut the aircan. When you take off the can than the stock filter is oval shaped just like any short ram intake on our cars.

98 ESi
95 GS

Eclipse550HPAug-22-01 01:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
625 posts,
#6463, "RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

www.machv.com they have a shit load of 1G info

Before

After

InspekdahAug-22-01 03:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7 posts,
#6464, "RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

personally the looks of the 2g are too superior, that the extra cash it will take to match the performance of a 1g, is easily forgivable.

You already bought the 1g?

How much you looking for ur 2g? I'm just wondering not in the market.

-----------------------------------
Ride:1995 Red Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Mods: *Pending Orders
*AEM Cold Air Intake
*Tsudo DTM Peformance Muffler
*Memphis 400W Amp, 2 Pioneer 12's
*Brake Caliper Color Kit
*Performance Plugs

I'm not even a channel operator, but join #2gnt for some great 2gnt discussions on irc.dal.net.

zhr420Aug-22-01 07:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#6465, "RE: attn:4g63 guru's!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

check this out
http://www.machv.com/tip7airflows.html
later
"Z"

XT_DSMAug-22-01 07:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#6466, "don't do the mass hacking mod unless"
In response to Reply # 9

http://members.home.net/xtatdsm

you have an EGT. not really, but trust me, the gain is very minimal, and you will be risking running lean. all what this mod does is bypass some uncounted by mass air (some amount of air goes into the engine without being counted by the mass sensor) by doing so you will run a bit leaner and faster. not only that, they also do these mods to delay the fuel cut that might happen if you were to push more air into the engine (let's say you run more boost than stock levels, which means your MAS sensor will see more air than it used it, it will freak out and tells the ECU to cut the fuel) so what people do to delay that fuel cut abit ( instead of having a fuel cut at like 17 psi, it will be more like 19 or maybe a bit more ) they put bigger injectors and take one or two of the honey comps out so the ECU sees less air that what actually is there, yet still have enough fuel for that extra air by putting the bigger injectors.

plus you also might get bad rough idle. if I were you, I would buy a MBC (you can get a good ball and spring one from Dejon tools for $50 or so, and up the boost a bit (you will need a boost gauge first tho)

I hope that kindda helps.

Adel

klipzracerAug-22-01 11:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#6467, "RE: don't do the mass hacking mod unless"
In response to Reply # 10

thanx peeps, you've always been there to help

Chris Dishmon

my new baby!

jZaAug-23-01 11:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#6468, "RE: don't do the mass hacking mod unless"
In response to Reply # 11

#$%# us, www.vfaq.com ,that'll keep you busy for a couple of days

javi d
vroom n' boom
bone-stock dsm performance

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6456 Previous topic | Next topic