Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6389
View in linear mode

Subject: "High Idle" Previous topic | Next topic
bertockiJul-15-03 07:31 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6389, "High Idle"

Recently, my second gen gs-t has been having a problem. It constantly idles at 2000-2500 rpm. None of the mechanics where I live can figure out why it is doing this. If anyone can offer an insight into possible cause of this problem, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Bertocki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsJul-15-03 08:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6390, "RE: High Idle"
In response to Reply # 0

It sounds like your ISC motor is dead. I believe there is a VFAQ on how to check the ISC. If not it is probably in the manual.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

klipzracerJul-16-03 09:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#6391, "RE: High Idle"
In response to Reply # 1

yup it's in the haynes manual. funny how he said none of the mechanics around there could figure out what it is. i'm sorry but if a mechanic can'e figure out a dead ISC he doesn't need to be working on a car period.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6389 Previous topic | Next topic