Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6198
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch master cylinder question.." Previous topic | Next topic
invaznGSTJul-05-03 07:42 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6198, "Clutch master cylinder question.."

Anyone ever change it in their 2G 4g63? Is it hard.. mine is going and i'm gonna change it..what are some tips? Thanks!

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Clutch master cylinder question.., TeamJeff_99gs, Jul-06-03 09:49 AM, #1
RE: Clutch master cylinder question.., invaznGST, Jul-06-03 10:45 AM, #2
      RE: Clutch master cylinder question.., FakeID, Jul-06-03 05:33 PM, #3
           RE: Clutch master cylinder question.., Remy, Jul-07-03 04:38 AM, #4
                RE: Clutch master cylinder question.., invaznGST, Jul-11-03 11:33 AM, #5
                     RE: Clutch master cylinder question.., Remy, Jul-11-03 08:15 PM, #6
                          RE: Clutch master cylinder question.., icedout, Jul-11-03 08:32 PM, #7
                               RE: Clutch master cylinder question.., Remy, Jul-11-03 10:02 PM, #8
                                    RE: Clutch master cylinder question.., klipzracer, Jul-12-03 06:53 PM, #9
                                         RE: Clutch master cylinder question.., invaznGST, Jul-12-03 07:06 PM, #10
                                              RE: Clutch master cylinder question.., FakeID, Jul-16-03 03:10 PM, #11

TeamJeff_99gsJul-06-03 09:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6199, "RE: Clutch master cylinder question.."
In response to Reply # 0

I haven't actually had to do it yet, but it's not really that hard at all. Just have to remember to flush the fluid and bleed the system again.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

invaznGSTJul-06-03 10:45 AM
3897 posts,
#6200, "RE: Clutch master cylinder question.."
In response to Reply # 1

i heard 1Gs are easy as shit to replace master cylinder..but 2gs are easy too..just it's a tight squeeze getting the bolts off.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

FakeIDJul-06-03 05:33 PM
Member since Nov 02nd 2002
73 posts,
#6201, "RE: Clutch master cylinder question.."
In response to Reply # 2

Clutch master and slave are both on my list of thing gone bad. Please post a follow thru.

RemyJul-07-03 04:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#6202, "RE: Clutch master cylinder question.."
In response to Reply # 3

Do it yourself Mark. The shop charged me 160.00 to do the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder.

invaznGSTJul-11-03 11:33 AM
3897 posts,
#6203, "RE: Clutch master cylinder question.."
In response to Reply # 4

yeah i have the master cylinder sitting next to me.. i'm probably gonna do it later today or sometime this weekend or something.. the part by itself costs like $75..

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

RemyJul-11-03 08:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#6204, "RE: Clutch master cylinder question.."
In response to Reply # 5

yeah they raped me along with my clutch install.

icedoutJul-11-03 08:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#6205, "RE: Clutch master cylinder question.."
In response to Reply # 6

cause you wouldn't listen to me and have it done by jeff which would have been a lot cheaper........ next time listen.....
could have saved you quite a few dollars

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

RemyJul-11-03 10:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#6206, "RE: Clutch master cylinder question.."
In response to Reply # 7

>cause you wouldn't listen to me and have it done by jeff
>which would have been a lot cheaper........ next time
>listen.....
>could have saved you quite a few dollars

Man alot more then quite a few dollars

klipzracerJul-12-03 06:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#6207, "RE: Clutch master cylinder question.."
In response to Reply # 8

yeah, it's easy. i had to do it on my talon when i did the auto to five speed swap.

invaznGSTJul-12-03 07:06 PM
3897 posts,
#6208, "RE: Clutch master cylinder question.."
In response to Reply # 9

i heard 1Gs it's easier..well anyways..today my friend and I changed my master cylinder..it wasn't that hard.. honestly the hardest part was getting the bolt back on the firewall..the one that's inside the engine bay..it was a pain in the ass..we lost the original nut cause it fell down into the engine bay..good thing my friend had a spare one...all in all..it was pretty easy..took us about a hour and half..and we had never done it before..so it's not that bad.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

FakeIDJul-16-03 03:10 PM
Member since Nov 02nd 2002
73 posts,
#6209, "RE: Clutch master cylinder question.."
In response to Reply # 10

Where did you get the master at for $75? I just had NAPA quote me @ $91...

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6198 Previous topic | Next topic