Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6141
View in linear mode

Subject: "91 AWD A/T vs M/T Questions..." Previous topic | Next topic
tacoman123Aug-29-03 06:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2678 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6141, "91 AWD A/T vs M/T Questions..."

I know this might have been asked many times, but I haven't found it.

This is what I've read..

Auto cars have
- smaller turbochargers
*But are the manifolds the same? Can I swap out the 13B and put in a 14B or a 16G?

- smaller injectors (350cc)
*Can I upgrade to M/T injectors, just by swapping them out?

- a 'power/economy' switch located next to the shift lever
*What's the difference between power and economy?

- ECUs designed for the smaller injectors
*Can I still upgrade to bigger M/T (450cc) injectors?
*Besdies that they are designed for smaller injectors, are there any different from the M/T ECU?

- cams designed to produce more low-end torque <1G only>
*If I use a head from a M/T car, will I lose some low-end torque?
*Is there any benefits or defects about using a M/T head?

Thanks

~Tacoman

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

HybriDSMAug-29-03 07:11 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6142, "RE: 91 AWD A/T vs M/T Questions..."
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-29-03 07:14 PM by HybriDSM

Well swapping injectors would most likely mean swapping ECU's if you don't plan on running a piggyback item such as an SAFC. IIRC, since the ECU is calibrated for the different injectors, the fuel trims would be off if you used the 450's in place of the 350's. All of your above observations are correct and as far as I know the 14b should bolt right up to any 1g manifold.

Also, any loss in "low end torque" would be negligible to feel. Although I've never heard much about this part about M/T heads vs. A/T heads, it could be true but I've never come across it.

Also, I can only assume the difference between power and economy has something to do with shift points and making the engine run at more fuel efficient rpm's in economy mode. That's my logical and not knowledgable answer.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6141 Previous topic | Next topic