Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6103
View in linear mode

Subject: "What should i expect? (transmission rebuild)" Previous topic | Next topic
Mattcky2kOct-02-03 04:32 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6103, "What should i expect? (transmission rebuild)"

ok i sent my transmission off to get rebuilt by john sheppard at shepracing.com i also am having a 2600 clutch and Xact flywheel put on. now i know with the cluth it's going to be bitch dealing with the pedal effort but what about the transmission rebuild? like what is it going to feel like at first and everything? TIA

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild), TeamJeff_99gs, Oct-03-03 06:53 AM, #1
RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild), HybriDSM, Oct-03-03 10:20 AM, #2
      RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild), ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-03-03 02:30 PM, #3
           RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild), TeamJeff_99gs, Oct-03-03 03:41 PM, #4
                RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild), ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-03-03 07:20 PM, #5
                     RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild), TeamJeff_99gs, Oct-03-03 08:04 PM, #6
                          RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild), Vandy420a, Oct-09-03 04:32 AM, #7

TeamJeff_99gsOct-03-03 06:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6104, "RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild)"
In response to Reply # 0

Well, it will feel like a tranny It will shift and stuff.... The gears may feel a little hard to get into at times but you will get used to it. The clutch will obviously be a lot harder to push...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HybriDSMOct-03-03 10:20 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#6105, "RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild)"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah for the first bit of time, the tranny may be a little eccentric getting into gears, but it'll smooth out really well. The clutch will give you superman's left leg and will force you to be in neutral alot more than you're in gear at stoplights. Other than that, it'll be pretty normal. Also the RPM's will move a bit more freely than stock due to the lighter flywheel, so you'll have to get used to that when starting and stopping.

Let me know how that XACT flywheel is, cause I'm gonna get one I think after I get my tranny rebuilt.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-03-03 02:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6106, "RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild)"
In response to Reply # 2
Oct-03-03 02:33 PM by eclipzGST

5-Speed?

AT DSM w/shift kit > 5 speed

Since my 2G is FWD, I'm glad it's A/T but I kinda wish the Talon was M/T... Nuthin in the world like an AWD dropping the clutch at 5K.

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

TeamJeff_99gsOct-03-03 03:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#6107, "RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild)"
In response to Reply # 3
Oct-03-03 03:41 PM by Jeff_99gs

Actually you got it backwards. An AT is better suited to an AWD turbo car than a FWD. Building boost right at the line while brake torquing is where it's at. You need the 5 speed to control the launch on a FWD, auto is terrible for that

Jon can build 20psi sitting still with no stutterbox, no knock. Try doing that with a 5 speed

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-03-03 07:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6108, "RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild)"
In response to Reply # 4

20 psi!!!? WTF What TC is he using?

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

TeamJeff_99gsOct-03-03 08:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#6109, "RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild)"
In response to Reply # 5

Umm....I don't remember. Dunrite sounds familiar maybe?

Vandy420aOct-09-03 04:32 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#6110, "RE: What should i expect? (transmission rebuild)"
In response to Reply # 6

About the XACT flywheel...be prepared to look like a newbie w/a manual for the first few days..I still stall it out every now and then on hills with stuff in the trunk...its REALLY finicky, plus you're gonna be getting used to the 2600...

Vandy

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6103 Previous topic | Next topic