Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5407
View in linear mode

Subject: "Transmission stuck" Previous topic | Next topic
T420a99Jul-21-08 03:25 PM
Member since Jul 21st 2008
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5407, "Transmission stuck"

I have a 99rs. When i put it in drive it goes forward, when i put in neutral it goes forward, when i put it in reverse it goes forward, when i put it in park it want's to go forward but obviously can't... What is happening?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

740 turbo brickJul-21-08 08:52 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5408, "RE: Transmission stuck"
In response to Reply # 0

It sounds like either a shifter linkage problem, or a valve body inside the tranny. Id check and see if the shifter cable going to the transmission, or under the radio is loose.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

T420a99Jul-22-08 05:16 PM
3 posts,
#5409, "RE: Transmission stuck"
In response to Reply # 1

Everything was moving like it should, must be the valve body. If I shut the car off and start it up again it seems to idle in park without any drag on the motor, but then i put it back in any gear and it engages like it did before, put it in park and it seems to be stuck in gear. Also when i try to drive it forward it is like it's chained up and can't pull worth shit. I have it in the shop as of today but i was just curious as to what might be happening. thanks for the input

T420a99Aug-11-08 10:19 AM
3 posts,
#5410, "RE: Transmission stuck"
In response to Reply # 2

Resolution:

Convo between shop guy about my tranny when picking up my car.

Me: So what was up with it?

Shop: It was F#ck#d!

Yeah that's exactly what he said. 3rd and 4th completely gone 2nd was hit or miss and 1st was the only "OK" gear. Not to mention the Torque converter was toast also. $1444.70 and we are ready for a bunch more power than before.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5407 Previous topic | Next topic