Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4826
View in linear mode

Subject: "97-99 GS-T vs GSX wheels" Previous topic | Next topic
gyverApr-13-07 12:24 PM
Member since Mar 24th 2006
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4826, "97-99 GS-T vs GSX wheels"

I have a set of stock GST wheels on the beasty, and been iffy on replacing them, and if I do the gsx/gt style look like an awesome replacement, but are the gsx wheels heavier, or any performance cons? let me know and if you have a set of gsx wheels lmk too

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JayWeezie88Apr-14-07 08:21 PM
Member since Jul 08th 2005
130 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4827, "RE: 97-99 GS-T vs GSX wheels"
In response to Reply # 0

Quick search on tuners came up with 22.5 for the GSX wheels.

99 GST - Some stuff

14.083 @ 97.37 (10psi-ish ATCO 3/13/07)

"She said its JUST a car...I said your JUST a girl"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

synthetekApr-17-07 10:47 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2004
73 posts,
#4828, "RE: 97-99 GS-T vs GSX wheels"
In response to Reply # 1

When I got my GSX I took off the 17" GSX wheels and switched them with the chrome GST wheels that I had on my RS that I was selling. I read a lot of posts about the GSX wheels bending and cracking and that there was even a lawsuit against Mitsubishi about them. I also removed the GSX sticker so with the GST rims its harder for people to tell that its AWD

http://www.deformedrimsettlement.com/

99 GSX: 16g, Injen Intake, Greddy FMIC, RRE Down pipe, RRE UICP & LICP,
3" Test Pipe, 3" Apexi Cat Back, Greddy Type S BOV, Greddy Profec B,
Fluidyne Radiator, K&N Air Filter. Walbro 190 Rewired, Eibach Prokits, Tokico Illuminas.
ARP Head Studs, Adjustable Cam Gears, Energy Motor Mounts, B&M Shifter + Symborski Kit, DSMLinkl

Parts Not Installed Yet : EVO VIII 560cc Injectors, Fidanza Flywheel, XTD Stage 3 Clutch

gyverApr-27-07 12:03 PM
Member since Mar 24th 2006
43 posts,
#4829, "RE: 97-99 GS-T vs GSX wheels"
In response to Reply # 2

wow, and they look pretty cool too...

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-27-07 12:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4830, "RE: 97-99 GS-T vs GSX wheels"
In response to Reply # 3

The GSX rims are nice looking, 17", and I'm almost positive a little lighter than the chrome GST rims.
However, they are pretty weak and bend easily.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

destruckeclipseApr-28-07 10:04 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#4831, "RE: 97-99 GS-T vs GSX wheels"
In response to Reply # 4

Get some Volks.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4826 Previous topic | Next topic