Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #481
View in linear mode

Subject: "She Lives!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
BigBaldApr-21-09 09:09 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#481, "She Lives!!!!!"

The car finally started and idle with the AEM EMS. A few more issues to sort out and i should be able to actually drive her....YES!!!!

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: She Lives!!!!!, burntheblobs, Apr-05-06 07:35 AM, #1
RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Apr-05-06 08:28 AM, #2
      RE: She Lives!!!!!, 420a-Tnthewerks, Apr-05-06 12:20 PM, #3
           RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Apr-06-06 03:45 AM, #4
                RE: She Lives!!!!!, 97eclipse97, Apr-06-06 08:15 AM, #5
                     RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Apr-06-06 08:43 AM, #6
                          RE: She Lives!!!!!, Diceman19, Apr-06-06 05:47 PM, #7
                               RE: She Lives!!!!!, RST95eclipse, Apr-07-06 02:51 AM, #8
                                    RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Apr-07-06 04:55 AM, #9
                                         RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Apr-08-06 03:58 PM, #10
                                              RE: She Lives!!!!!, 97eclipse97, Apr-08-06 04:33 PM, #11
                                                   RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Apr-08-06 04:40 PM, #12
                                                        RE: She Lives!!!!!, kelvinb1, Apr-08-06 07:31 PM, #13
                                                             RE: She Lives!!!!!, RST95eclipse, Apr-09-06 07:20 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Apr-09-06 07:53 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: She Lives!!!!!, Remy, Apr-09-06 10:54 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: She Lives!!!!!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-09-06 11:43 AM, #17
                                                                                 RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Apr-09-06 12:08 PM, #18
                                                                                      RE: She Lives!!!!!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-09-06 06:30 PM, #19
                                                                                           RE: She Lives!!!!!, Remy, Apr-09-06 08:47 PM, #20
                                                                                                RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Apr-10-06 03:13 AM, #21
                                                                                                     RE: She Lives!!!!!, 97eclipse97, Apr-10-06 10:36 AM, #22
                                                                                                          RE: She Lives!!!!!, FlyinEsi, Apr-10-06 11:50 AM, #23
                                                                                                               RE: She Lives!!!!!, Remy, Apr-10-06 02:20 PM, #24
                                                                                                                    RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Apr-10-06 05:32 PM, #25
                                                                                                                         RE: She Lives!!!!!, RST95eclipse, Apr-11-06 07:48 PM, #26
                                                                                                                              RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Apr-12-06 07:36 AM, #27
                                                                                                                                   RE: She Lives!!!!!, kelvinb1, Apr-13-06 08:57 AM, #28
                                                                                                                                        RE: She Lives!!!!!, BumpinTalon, Apr-13-06 06:27 PM, #29
                                                                                                                                        RE: She Lives!!!!!, Remy, Apr-14-06 10:41 AM, #30
                                                                                                                                             RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Jan-03-10 07:23 AM, #31
                                                                                                                                             RE: She Lives!!!!!, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-04-10 02:57 AM, #32
                                                                                                                                             RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Jan-05-10 12:28 PM, #33
                                                                                                                                             RE: She Lives!!!!!, TeamDR1665, Jan-06-10 05:27 PM, #34
                                                                                                                                             RE: She Lives!!!!!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-07-10 08:42 AM, #35
                                                                                                                                             RE: She Lives!!!!!, BigBald, Jan-09-10 09:08 PM, #36
RE: She Lives!!!!!, Tguy, Apr-01-10 04:18 PM, #37

burntheblobsApr-05-06 07:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#482, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice man. The scary part isnt the idle...its the first boost after start up...

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BigBaldApr-05-06 08:28 AM
2715 posts,
#483, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah I know.....thinking about just letting her idle for a few weeks till i build up enough nerve....lol.

420a-TnthewerksApr-05-06 12:20 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#484, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Better put on a pair of Pampers.

BigBaldApr-06-06 03:45 AM
2715 posts,
#485, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

AEM is a pain in the ass. I turned the car off last night and it decided not to start anymore. After realizing what was wrong and playing with the crank time table, finally got her to start up again. Set the base timing and was ready to drive. Decided to check for timing creep and coolant decided to escape the radiator cap that I have. So now i must order a new one before i can drive her. First oil change turned out ok....thank god for that.

97eclipse97Apr-06-06 08:15 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#486, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

*cough*DSMLink*cough*

JK, well it will all be worth it once it is up and running. When I just put my car back together, both coolant lines on the turbo were leaking, one of my other coolant lines was not tightened properly and got coolant ALL over my engine bay (turbo, piping, radiator, fan, hood, valve cover, intake, battery, etc, etc), my oil pressure sender was leaking, as was my oil feed line off of my oil filter housing. It's still leaking a little now from the valve cover (where the cam gears are, I forgot to put some RTV there)...just some food for thought.

You seem to be very cautious about the whole thing (which is a good thing), and I know you know what you are doing, so after you get these first few kinks sorted out, you shouldn't have too many problems. Good luck!

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

BigBaldApr-06-06 08:43 AM
2715 posts,
#487, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5
Apr-06-06 08:43 AM by BigBald

Sometimes I wish I kept DSMLink....lol. I knew AEM would be a headache but didn't think it was that tedious. IT was funny cause the map i had loaded started the car 5 minutes before it wouldn't start. So just to all the sudden decide it didn't want to work was mind boggling.

I have one fuel line leak...very minor and the radiator cap leak. so far those are the only two issues....knocks on wood...lol. I put the car back together slowly and carefully to minimize any issues that may have arose.

Diceman19Apr-06-06 05:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#488, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

i will give it that first boost for ya, will help the rings set it proper. and, i wont be scared to give it gas. it blows up, not my dime.

RST95eclipseApr-07-06 02:51 AM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#489, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

That was going to be a question of mine. Are you breaking in anything new in the motor? It sounds like you just strapped on EMS over the winter.

BigBaldApr-07-06 04:55 AM
2715 posts,
#490, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by RST95eclipse
That was going to be a question of mine. Are you breaking in anything new in the motor? It sounds like you just strapped on EMS over the winter.

Basically everything under the hood is new....and I do mean everything.

BigBaldApr-08-06 03:58 PM
2715 posts,
#491, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

97eclipse97Apr-08-06 04:33 PM
695 posts,
#492, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 10

Very nice Jerrome. Everything looks great Who made your manifold? Looks like a very nice piece. Nice coolant hoses too

BigBaldApr-08-06 04:40 PM
2715 posts,
#493, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 11
Apr-08-06 04:44 PM by BigBald

Remy and I took her for a spin today.....talk about turbo lag.....lol. Victory Performance made the Manifold and you will need to modify the 2g upper rad hose like I did to get it to fit. They do sell a pipe, but I prefer to just move it out the way all together.

kelvinb1Apr-08-06 07:31 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#494, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 12

if i seen an intercooler of this size id run away crying

RST95eclipseApr-09-06 07:20 AM
403 posts,
#495, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 13

That's a crazy setup. What turbo are you using, if you don't mind me asking? Also, are you using a push style radiator fan?........And I thought you'd be running with AC...........

BigBaldApr-09-06 07:53 AM
2715 posts,
#496, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 14

Pusher fans and the mod list can be seen on my website. No A/C here bud.....lol.

RemyApr-09-06 10:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#497, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 15
Apr-09-06 10:54 AM by Remy

700hp all boost. You heard it here first.

6k post wow

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-09-06 11:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#498, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 16
Apr-09-06 11:44 AM by eclipzGST

Came out VERY nice!
Can't wait to see some numbers!
edit: what made you ditch DSMLink for AEM?

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

BigBaldApr-09-06 12:08 PM
2715 posts,
#499, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Came out VERY nice! Can't wait to see some numbers! edit: what made you ditch DSMLink for AEM?

Only the deal I got on AEM. Cost me only 150 out of pocket. Kind of wish I kept DSMLink though.....but I am getting there.

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-09-06 06:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#500, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by BigBald
Originally posted by eclipzGST Came out VERY nice! Can't wait to see some numbers! edit: what made you ditch DSMLink for AEM?
Only the deal I got on AEM. Cost me only 150 out of pocket. Kind of wish I kept DSMLink though.....but I am getting there.

WTF? Unless you forgot a zero on that number, you got a HELL of a deal!

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

RemyApr-09-06 08:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#501, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by eclipzGST Came out VERY nice! Can't wait to see some numbers! edit: what made you ditch DSMLink for AEM?
WTF? Unless you forgot a zero on that number, you got a HELL of a deal!

Well he traded a few things plus the 150 out his pocket. Still a very very good deal.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

BigBaldApr-10-06 03:13 AM
2715 posts,
#502, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 20

yeah....traded DSMLink w/ EPROM ECU, GM MAFT Setup and $150 cash. Even if you add up what i paid for that stuff its still a sweet deal....to sweet to pass up.

97eclipse97Apr-10-06 10:36 AM
695 posts,
#503, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 21

*cough*sell it and buy DSMLink again*cough*

You definitely got a good deal, as long as you can figure it all out. If not, at least you know you can easily make your money back and then some!

FlyinEsiApr-10-06 11:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#504, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 22

That is the sickest setup I've ever seen Jerrome!! I can't remember, did you go 2.0 or 2.4? I think 2.0?

Do you have it tuned already for WOT? And what psi are you going to be running?

RemyApr-10-06 02:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#505, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 23

Wot tuning later this week.... i cant wait

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

BigBaldApr-10-06 05:32 PM
2715 posts,
#506, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 24

Throttle: 55%
a/f Ratio: 15.27
RPMs: 5988
Load: 11.09psi

Talk about turbo lag......lol.

RST95eclipseApr-11-06 07:48 PM
403 posts,
#507, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 25

VP700CDB Innovative Turbo - I'm not familiar with it. Tried to research it but came up with nothing. Do you have specs on it?

BigBaldApr-12-06 07:36 AM
2715 posts,
#508, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 26

http://www.victoryperformance.com/Product/Detail.cfm?ProductID=1685&temp=turbo

Click the link

kelvinb1Apr-13-06 08:57 AM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#509, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 27

where are the foglight holes at?

BumpinTalonApr-13-06 06:27 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#510, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 28

Wow I can't believe I never checked this thread before
INSANE looking car man!

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

RemyApr-14-06 10:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#511, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 28

Originally posted by kelvinb1
where are the foglight holes at?

LOL who needs them ?

BigBaldJan-03-10 07:23 AM
2715 posts,
#13134, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 30

Does this POS still run?......lol

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-04-10 02:57 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#13135, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 31

4 year old post? WTF

BigBaldJan-05-10 12:28 PM
2715 posts,
#13136, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 32

i know......been a while since i been on this board.

TeamDR1665Jan-06-10 05:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#13137, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 33

HE LIVES!!!!!

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-07-10 08:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#13138, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 33

You may not check this for another couple years, but there's a guy on SolsticeForum.com with a similar name, used to be a DSM'er, and apparently has a GT35R on his GXP. That wouldn't be you, would it?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

BigBaldJan-09-10 09:08 PM
2715 posts,
#13139, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 35

That is not me. I am still with this BB T66......

TguyApr-01-10 04:18 PM
Member since Apr 01st 2010
21 posts,
#13144, "RE: She Lives!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

finally about time

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #481 Previous topic | Next topic